Sign in to follow this  
jeagle

Direct debit rebate

Just checked my bank online and my season ticket direct debit amount is still the same as before even though I said I wanted to claim my rebate.

Has anyone else found the same? I am going to ring the club tomorrow but just wanted to see if it was just me or if anyone else had this problem?

Well if the club had not wasted all the season ticket money on loans players we would not be in this league anyway. 

....and on the arguments go!

Sorry I must have missed you wit there, you are a funny guy.

I wont bother with the name calling though, its a little childish dont you think?

[quote user="eagle"]

Just checked my bank online and my season ticket direct debit amount is still the same as before even though I said I wanted to claim my rebate.

Has anyone else found the same? I am going to ring the club tomorrow but just wanted to see if it was just me or if anyone else had this problem?

[/quote]

Neither I nor my wife have received any rebates. We pay in advance for our season tickets. I suppose we ticked the wrong box do you think?

But again I suppose paying out 15,000 fans and writing the cheques is going to take time. It was a pretty daft proposal come to think about it. Guess no one thought to ask the office manager how he proposed to deal with it right in the middle of the holiday season. Par for the course!

If you look at the list of direct debits for your account, they don''t usually change until after the payment has been made, so it may still be showing the old amount and will reduce once your next payment is made.

I hadn''t had a letter by the middle of last week even though all my friends had so I rang the ticket office. They were helpful and saw straight away that they had received my rebate letter. Apparently all the rebates should be sorted out by 1st August as far as bank standing orders are concerned although the letters showing the new figures are running a bit behind. Unlike the issue of new season tickets the rebates are being handled in-house.

My payment comes out on the 1st of the month and Augusts was reduced. If your August payment is not reduced I would ring the ticket office. Didn''t ask about one off payments but I guess the same deadline would apply.

[quote user="Ren"]

I wont bother with the name calling though, its a little childish dont you think?

[/quote]

You`ve got to smile or you`d cry!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

Exactly!

You`ve got to smile or you`d cry!

[/quote]

[quote user="jbghost"]Are you looking at the July or August debit payment. It''s the August payment that drops.[/quote]

It was taken from my bank on August 3rd, same amount as they took in July. Now going to call them.

It''s shocking the club haven''t released the cheques yet! my dad is still waiting for his too...

whats the reason for the delay? are they just hoping thousands of people will forget and they can keep the cash?

jas :)

Just got off the phone as I had to leave a message and they called me back. Some of the customers on direct debits were sent cheques by mistake, one of which was me. I can now cash the cheque and continue to pay the full amount or send it back and have my direct debit amount reduced.

Hope this helps anyone in the same position.

Anyone get the feeling that the club has created an administrative nightmare for themselves and there are gonna be mistakes found all over the place costing a small fortune in admin costs to sort out? I wouldn''t be surprised if the figures announced re how many had claimed are completely wrong and if the cost of administrating the whole thing ends up meaning the club actually made very little out of the whole debacle.