Sign in to follow this  
IllawarraCanary

Sir Bobby and ITFC

Just thought I would share this with you. I and a few others posted our thoughts as City fans on the Tractor Boys forum and they were well received by the Binners. Someone suggested a memorial charity match Town v City with the fans mixed in the stands as a fitting tribute to a great man. While the doubt is that the ''authorities'' would risk, how many agree that both sets of fans could put aside their differences for the occasion? Any idiots from either side would be putin their place by the decent majority surely?

It will never happen.. Norwich are not the little happy family club everyone likes to think it is,There will be people turn up to course trouble.Is a good thought and would be nice if it could happen. But in reality it would never turn out how you would like it too.

Good idea.I am sure rivalry will take a back seat for someone like Sir Bobby.The idiot fan would stay away hopefully!

Absolutely especially as, despite the banter, our clubs have much more in common than they have differences. A derby memorial match would be a fitting tribute and I would suggest the proceeds go to Sir Bobby''s cancer charity.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Absolutely especially as, despite the banter, our clubs have much more in common than they have differences. A derby memorial match would be a fitting tribute and I would suggest the proceeds go to Sir Bobby''s cancer charity.[/quote]

Excellent idea especially as there is no derby game this year, hopefully the clubs can organise something

[quote user="timncfc"]Very good idea, anyone who is sick enough to cause trouble should be banned for life.[/quote]true, it''d be for bobby, despite his Ipswich connections, the man is the ultimate footballing legend, such a nice guy.

How about a campaign for the Sir Bobby Robson Cup? Ipswich V Norwich and proceeds going to Sir Bobbys cancer charity as wisely mentioned by someone else? Surely if enough people campiagned for this they would have to give in. A day to remember the legend.

I would have thought there would be more chance of an Ipswich XI playing a Newcastle XI to be honest. Also as bad as this may sound Sir Bobby Robson had his game last sunday and unlike many others before him he was perhaps lucky to attend such a big game in his honour before he passed

People associated Bobby with Newcastle because he supported them as a boy, yet they forget how he was hounded out by fans and directors for getting knocked out of the champions league. With all respect, his achievments were with Ipswich not Newcastle, the press bring up Newcastle as it has a better image. So for me Robson should be remembered for what he achieved at Ipswich, therefore an Ipswich V Norwich Sir Bobby Robson Cup would sell out, gain money for cancer, and be a day of rspect for sir Bobby.

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]I would have thought there would be more chance of an Ipswich XI playing a Newcastle XI to be honest. Also as bad as this may sound Sir Bobby Robson had his game last sunday and unlike many others before him he was perhaps lucky to attend such a big game in his honour before he passed[/quote]

I think that there may be a chance of that happening (twice) within the next year...

I don''t really understand why we should be involved at all - he had no connections to us. It should be all about Ipswich and Newcastle, let them two decide how and when they want to do something.

Yeah maybe Newcastle, Fulham and Ipswich or a couple of X1s with some of his former players from england etc but if us then why not sunderland etc 3/4 teams is a doable cup like pre season ones but 5 or 6 would be hard expecially as this is a world cup season.