Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

Alternative News Source

Now that Archant have a place on the city board I don''t feel that I can fully trust the reporting in the EDP, Evening News & Pink Un to be entirely impartial. Therefore I shall not be buying any of these publications again.Does anybody have any recommendations of where else I can find up to date and detailed news/analysis of city? Websites or printed. I am not usually as negative towards our board as some people on this message board, however this has really been bugging me recently. I do not approve at all it is a despicable move by the club.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Now that Archant have a place on the city board I don''t feel that I can fully trust the reporting in the EDP, Evening News & Pink Un to be entirely impartial. Therefore I shall not be buying any of these publications again.

Does anybody have any recommendations of where else I can find up to date and detailed news/analysis of city? Websites or printed.

I am not usually as negative towards our board as some people on this message board, however this has really been bugging me recently. I do not approve at all it is a despicable move by the club.
[/quote]

What utter drivel!!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Matt Juler"]If that''s how you feel, I suggest then that you don''t use their message board either. Bye.[/quote]Why do you all work for archant?[/quote]I think you got them there [:D]

I thought we did all this a couple of weeks ago?

Stephan Phillips'' appointment onto the Norwich City board won''t influence the editorial process of Archant''s newspapers and websites. The decision of what is printed lies solely with the editors, not the MD.

But we are yet to see that that is actually the case with all due respect Pete.

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Now that Archant have a place on the city board I don''t feel that I can fully trust the reporting in the EDP, Evening News & Pink Un to be entirely impartial. Therefore I shall not be buying any of these publications again.Does anybody have any recommendations of where else I can find up to date and detailed news/analysis of city? Websites or printed. I am not usually as negative towards our board as some people on this message board, however this has really been bugging me recently. I do not approve at all it is a despicable move by the club. [/quote]

What utter drivel!!

[/quote]You can''t see a conflict of interest then? Sorry but having a belief in the freedom of the press is not drivel.

[quote user="nolegs"]Why are you still posting on this Archant owned board?[/quote]He was talking about REPORTING on behalf of Archant,  is that the bit that is confusing?

[quote user="ref89"]But we are yet to see that that is actually the case with all due respect Pete.
[/quote]

And you are also yet to see that it isn''t the case. I appreciate the readers'' concerns but nothing has changed and nor will it.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

I thought we did all this a couple of weeks ago?

Stephan Phillips'' appointment onto the Norwich City board won''t influence the editorial process of Archant''s newspapers and websites. The decision of what is printed lies solely with the editors, not the MD.

[/quote]That''s fine and maybe even true, but at the back of my mind every time I read something i would be questioning the truthfulness and fairness of the reporting.   My main point was, does anyone know where else I can keep up to date with NCFC news/analysis?If the message board started to become censored I think we''d all have grounds to stop using it. But if it remains a place where we can all voice our various different opinions I don''t see a problem with using it.

The whole point about impartial reporting is basically impossible, is illustrated by Pete''s blind defence of Archant.  If 70s Archant man on the board (whatever his name is) wishes to block reports, he bloody well will, long before ''workers'' below realises what''s happened or not.

Yes there are other sites you can keep up to date on, bearing in mind the "ho ha" recently, they are not hard to find!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Now that Archant have a place on the city board I don''t feel that I can fully trust the reporting in the EDP, Evening News & Pink Un to be entirely impartial. Therefore I shall not be buying any of these publications again.

Does anybody have any recommendations of where else I can find up to date and detailed news/analysis of city? Websites or printed.

I am not usually as negative towards our board as some people on this message board, however this has really been bugging me recently. I do not approve at all it is a despicable move by the club.
[/quote]

Do you not watch the BBC because it''s funded by the government? Perhaps you don''t read any of Rupert Murdoch''s publications because they might be influenced by his political beliefs? The point is, nothing in life is truly impartial, did you not realise that Archant were already a significant shareholder in the club before Stephan Phillips was appointed to the board? I think Mr. Phillips went some way to reduce my fears by doing the Q + A session and I think we have to trust him that he will not effect any decisions the editior makes. Finally nobody has actually answered your question of a decent alternative news source, there I think is your answer.

At the end of the day what does it matter if the PinkUn is now influenced? are you a mindless zombie who believes everything he reads? I''d love to see Archant editors try and spin positives about us losing to Exeter and being at the foot of the table and that everything is rosy and that it''s not the boards fault (this is a hypothetical situation and I''m not suggesting that we will defiantly be bottom after three games, although I certainly wouldn''t rule the possibility out [:P] )I''m sure you being an educated person and having independent thought that you are capable of working out whether we are sh*te or not on your own? [;)]

[quote user="Notts Canary"]At the end of the day what does it matter if the PinkUn is now influenced? are you a mindless zombie who believes everything he reads? I''d love to see Archant editors try and spin positives about us losing to Exeter and being at the foot of the table and that everything is rosy and that it''s not the boards fault (this is a hypothetical situation and I''m not suggesting that we will defiantly be bottom after three games, although I certainly wouldn''t rule the possibility out [:P] )

I''m sure you being an educated person and having independent thought that you are capable of working out whether we are sh*te or not on your own? [;)]
[/quote]

Spot on, my thoughts exactly.

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]

[quote user="Notts Canary"]At the end of the day what does it matter if the PinkUn is now influenced? are you a mindless zombie who believes everything he reads? I''d love to see Archant editors try and spin positives about us losing to Exeter and being at the foot of the table and that everything is rosy and that it''s not the boards fault (this is a hypothetical situation and I''m not suggesting that we will defiantly be bottom after three games, although I certainly wouldn''t rule the possibility out [:P] )

I''m sure you being an educated person and having independent thought that you are capable of working out whether we are sh*te or not on your own? [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Does that mean you''re not an educated person who can think for themselves if you are thinking the same as Notts Canary [;)][:P]

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does that mean you''re not an educated person who can think for themselves if you are thinking the same as Notts Canary [;)][:P]

[/quote]

[:$]

[/quote]

Brilliant!!

I can see why people might worry about impartiality issues too, but at least let the season get going and give them a chance to prove either way, surely?

I don''t see that there is an arguement at all really.

Neil Adams has been working for the club and BBC Radio Norfolk on a fan''s phone in! Can this be classed as impartial? No.

Its just yet another thing that the doom mongers and moaners to have a go at.....they''ll be after the ball boys next i tell you!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="ref89"]But we are yet to see that that is actually the case with all due respect Pete.
[/quote]

And you are also yet to see that it isn''t the case. I appreciate the readers'' concerns but nothing has changed and nor will it.

[/quote]

Pete, because you are in employ of Archant it maybe that you do not truly appreciate the general concerns. I suspect that if you were not employed by them you may well see things slightly differently.

Has nothing changed? Alot has changed, not just the physical appointment of your boss onto the club''s board but the fans questioning the motives of the board and Mr Phillips.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Now that Archant have a place on the city board I don''t feel that I can fully trust the reporting in the EDP, Evening News & Pink Un to be entirely impartial. Therefore I shall not be buying any of these publications again.Does anybody have any recommendations of where else I can find up to date and detailed news/analysis of city? Websites or printed. I am not usually as negative towards our board as some people on this message board, however this has really been bugging me recently. I do not approve at all it is a despicable move by the club. [/quote]

Do you not watch the BBC because it''s funded by the government? Perhaps you don''t read any of Rupert Murdoch''s publications because they might be influenced by his political beliefs? The point is, nothing in life is truly impartial, did you not realise that Archant were already a significant shareholder in the club before Stephan Phillips was appointed to the board? I think Mr. Phillips went some way to reduce my fears by doing the Q + A session and I think we have to trust him that he will not effect any decisions the editior makes. Finally nobody has actually answered your question of a decent alternative news source, there I think is your answer.

[/quote]

You f**king what? I demand you tell me where all our licence fee money has gone!!

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

I don''t see that there is an arguement at all really.

Neil Adams has been working for the club and BBC Radio Norfolk on a fan''s phone in! Can this be classed as impartial? No.

Its just yet another thing that the doom mongers and moaners to have a go at.....they''ll be after the ball boys next i tell you!

[/quote]If you''re telling us only 1 fan calls in anyway that, in itself isn''t going to make bugger all difference.

I''m sure if you keep checking back on here you will get an entirely objective and impartial view from my good friend Smudger[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m sure if you keep checking back on here you will get an entirely objective and impartial view from my good friend Smudger[:O]

[/quote]

You obviously had a VERY GOOD HOLIDAY!

Do you need a recap on anything?

The one thing you may have missed is Smudger buying wool and knitting needles so he can sit by "madame le guilotine!"

[quote user="The Butler"]

The one thing you may have missed is Smudger buying wool and knitting needles so he can sit by "madame le guilotine!"

[/quote]

Smudger reminded me more of one of these Knitting Nancy Sorry Smudge!! [;)]

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="ref89"]But we are yet to see that that is actually the case with all due respect Pete.[/quote]

[/quote]

Pete, because you are in employ of Archant it maybe that you do not truly appreciate the general concerns. I suspect that if you were not employed by them you may well see things slightly differently.

Has nothing changed? Alot has changed, not just the physical appointment of your boss onto the club''s board but the fans questioning the motives of the board and Mr Phillips.

[/quote]I think you''re insulting Pete''s intelligence somewhat there....