Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Saints sack manager!

Liebherr is the kind of owner we would have loved.I''m not saying that admin is the way to go, but in a couple of year what was poor, close to extinction Southampton will be a league ahead of us.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Liebherr is the kind of owner we would have loved.

I''m not saying that admin is the way to go, but in a couple of year what was poor, close to extinction Southampton will be a league ahead of us.
[/quote]

Exactly Bump, and I do advocate admin as you know.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And if we had new owners i would expect Gunn to be given his marching orders , biggest joke of a manager this club has ever had .[/quote]Atleast the man is trying and getting in permanent signings what more can you ask for ?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And if we had new owners i would expect Gunn to be given his marching orders , biggest joke of a manager this club has ever had .[/quote]Prat. You''re like a broken record playing over and over again.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And if we had new owners i would expect Gunn to be given his marching orders , biggest joke of a manager this club has ever had .[/quote]Corr...haven''t heard you mention this before Loan? I always thought you loved the appointment of Gunn? [8-)]Jesus...

gets a bit tedious after a while doesn''t it. Our hand has been dealt, lets ge on with it i say, instead of whinging and whining

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And if we had new owners i would expect Gunn to be given his marching orders , biggest joke of a manager this club has ever had .
[/quote]

[|-)][|-)][|-)]

I say good on Wotte for choosing to try and stay on and get the poorly run club out of the mess it was in. Say what you will about Delia, but Southampton was ran by an even worse bunch of muppets and that''s what contributed to their downfall. And for those saying Southampton will be better than us next year, do me a favour and put a sock in it. They''ve already lost some of their best players and will still struggle to bring people in. You have no idea who the new manager is going to be either. If it is Keegan as was rumoured a while ago then we''ll still be ahead of them. Southampton in recent years have been complete garbage and it''s a pity because their fans are a passionate and commited bunch. Gunn could easily be given his marching orders if a new consortium/owner came in. But at least like Wotte he had the guts to take the job on. Southampton at this rate will be lucky to finish anywhere close to the top half of the table and already our squad looks better on paper than their own.

[quote user="Norwich74"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]And if we had new owners i would expect Gunn to be given his marching orders , biggest joke of a manager this club has ever had .
[/quote]

Atleast the man is trying and getting in permanent signings what more can you ask for ?
[/quote]

Oh come on.  The bloke is not a manager, he failed last year, if he didn''t try, he would have nothing else to offer.  I have nothing against him, he was a good player for the club (not a legend), who should never have got anywhere near the manager''s seat.  Yes, he is our manager, I am not going to slate him at every opportunity, I fully support him and the team but ultimately my thoughts on the matter are as stated.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And if we had new owners i would expect Gunn to be given his marching orders , biggest joke of a manager this club has ever had .
[/quote]

i think your  constant boring whinge has the opposite effect that its meant to, it makes people want gunn to succeed  [:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Liebherr is the kind of owner we would have loved.I''m not saying that admin is the way to go, but in a couple of year what was poor, close to extinction Southampton will be a league ahead of us.[/quote]

[/quote]Because as a non-season ticket holder and non-supplier you have nothing to lose.Jeez - if only this forum didn''t have a "no naughty word" rule...

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And if we had new owners i would expect Gunn to be given his marching orders , biggest joke of a manager this club has ever had .[/quote]

i think your  constant boring whinge has the opposite effect that its meant to, it makes people want gunn to succeed  [:D]

[/quote] Well i''m fairly safe there because theres not a hope in hell of Gunn doing anything in football management , the poor sod will be back handing the sarnies round by the end of the season . He should never have let that win over Barnsley go to his head , indeed if it had not we would more than likely still be in the Championship now.

Could somebody please explain to me why the mess NCFC is in, is the fault of Bryan Gunn? Did I miss something? He failed to save a sunk ship.Tell you what 1st Wizard i''ll take you out into the middle of the north sea in a rotten useless boat then fire loads of holes into the hull with my shot gun and give you a teaspoon to bail the water out with. When the boat sinks you will be mocked and ridiculed for your inept performance. You are a moron, please go away!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I''m not saying that admin is the way to go, but in a couple of year what was poor, close to extinction Southampton will be a league ahead of us.
[/quote]

[/quote]

But you continually avoid the difficult questions.  What about all the local businesses that fold as a result, the families that lose their homes, the people that lose their jobs and can no longer afford to pay their mortgage as a result.  Or are a few meaningless footballers and a few seasons dodging relegation in the top flight more important!!!

I personally have morals and standards.  I want to win and want to achieve but I want to do it without cheating anyone.  And for me, administration as a result of spending above your means is cheating....

Come on Wiz, whats your opinion.....

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Could somebody please explain to me why the mess NCFC is in, is the fault of Bryan Gunn? Did I miss something? He failed to save a sunk ship.

Tell you what 1st Wizard i''ll take you out into the middle of the north sea in a rotten useless boat then fire loads of holes into the hull with my shot gun and give you a teaspoon to bail the water out with. When the boat sinks you will be mocked and ridiculed for your inept performance.

You are a moron, please go away!

[/quote]

Couldnt agree more.  Perhaps if the Wiz, Smudgers and Loan City''s of this world joined forces they could make a whole brain!!!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Could somebody please explain to me why the mess NCFC is in, is the fault of Bryan Gunn? Did I miss something? He failed to save a sunk ship.Tell you what 1st Wizard i''ll take you out into the middle of the north sea in a rotten useless boat then fire loads of holes into the hull with my shot gun and give you a teaspoon to bail the water out with. When the boat sinks you will be mocked and ridiculed for your inept performance. You are a moron, please go away!

[/quote]

Couldnt agree more.  Perhaps if the Wiz, Smudgers and Loan City''s of this world joined forces they could make a whole brain!!!

[/quote]That''s just crazy talk.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Could somebody please explain to me why the mess NCFC is in, is the fault of Bryan Gunn? Did I miss something? He failed to save a sunk ship.

Tell you what 1st Wizard i''ll take you out into the middle of the north sea in a rotten useless boat then fire loads of holes into the hull with my shot gun and give you a teaspoon to bail the water out with. When the boat sinks you will be mocked and ridiculed for your inept performance.

You are a moron, please go away!

[/quote]

I wouldn''t be dim enough, or have such a huge ego to get in said boat in the first place!

And no, I''m going no where.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But you continually avoid the difficult questions.  What about all the local businesses that fold as a result, the families that lose their homes, the people that lose their jobs and can no longer afford to pay their mortgage as a result.  Or are a few meaningless footballers and a few seasons dodging relegation in the top flight more important!!!

I personally have morals and standards.  I want to win and want to achieve but I want to do it without cheating anyone.  And for me, administration as a result of spending above your means is cheating....

Come on Wiz, whats your opinion.....

[/quote]

Its a tough world Calos, already staff at NCFC are losing their jobs as we speak, where''s your morals on this? and why aren''t you turning your back on the club then? don''t those poor sods count in your high ground stance?

Admin might just have saved those jobs long term if a new wealthy owner was found!

Thats complete crap.  I am not standing on the moral high ground, I am more that aware that redundancy etc is a fact of life.  Job cuts were inevitable when we got relegated.  What is happening at the club now with regard to job loss etc. is only affecting a few.  If the club were to go into administration then it would be much much worse.  People would lose their homes.

I love your flip flop response though,  ''Its a tough world'', is that honestly the best you could come up with.  I agree its a tough world.  New wealthy owners yes please.  At the expense of administration and all that brings, no thanks.....

[/quote]

Are you sleeping with smudger?

[/quote]

Can I ask you one question Loan City?

If Gunn was to build a squad of permanent players, who played with passion and for the shirt, using a sustainable budget and which managed a top six finish next season (considering that Southampton, Leeds Utd, MK Dons, Charlton and Huddersfield are likely to make up the other five).

Would you put your hands up and admit that Gunn is not a bad manager? Yes or No question. Your constant critiscm of Gunn could end up being entirely right, or entirely wrong, and you will undoubtedly be saying "I told you so" if it all goes wrong.  But if it all goes pretty well, are you at least willing in May 2010, to come on here and admit that you were wrong about Gunn?

I suspect that you wouldn''t to be honest.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Thats complete crap.  I am not standing on the moral high ground, I am more that aware that redundancy etc is a fact of life.  Job cuts were inevitable when we got relegated.  What is happening at the club now with regard to job loss etc. is only affecting a few.  If the club were to go into administration then it would be much much worse.  People would lose their homes.

I love your flip flop response though,  ''Its a tough world'', is that honestly the best you could come up with.  I agree its a tough world.  New wealthy owners yes please.  At the expense of administration and all that brings, no thanks.....

[/quote]

Whereas I would say yes please, and if there''s casulties, and there will be, tough!

If Smith isn''t stopped, league 2 beckons..........and yet more redundacies,

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

Whereas I would say yes please, and if there''s casulties, and there will be, tough!

[/quote]

You complete t0ss3r.  Tough luck to all the creditors who are gonna walk away with nothing and lose everything, and all because a football team has been over ambitious trying to reach the prem so they can successfully avoid relegation season after season.  This isn''t about the odd ticket office worker or groundsman, this is about the numerous companies that are owed money, rely on the club for business.  You have obviously never seen the effects of bankruptcy first hand, the look on a persons face when the creditors turn up and take the house away.  Its not nice, not nice at all.  Like I said before, is it worth it for the sake of a few footballers and some unachievable goals.

I want us to achieve the same end goal as you.  I want to do it by getting the academy system back up and producing good young talent like it has in the past.  I want the scouting system to be better so the Michael Kightly''s, Jason Scotlands and Brede Hangelands of this world end up at our club.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You complete t0ss3r.  Tough luck to all the creditors who are gonna walk away with nothing and lose everything, and all because a football team has been over ambitious trying to reach the prem so they can successfully avoid relegation season after season.  This isn''t about the odd ticket office worker or groundsman, this is about the numerous companies that are owed money, rely on the club for business.  You have obviously never seen the effects of bankruptcy first hand, the look on a persons face when the creditors turn up and take the house away.  Its not nice, not nice at all.  Like I said before, is it worth it for the sake of a few footballers and some unachievable goals.

I want us to achieve the same end goal as you.  I want to do it by getting the academy system back up and producing good young talent like it has in the past.  I want the scouting system to be better so the Michael Kightly''s, Jason Scotlands and Brede Hangelands of this world end up at our club.

[/quote]

Okay Carlos, never ask me to reply to you again.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay Carlos, never ask me to reply to you again.

[/quote]

I wasnt going to.  One liners dont really provoke reasoned debate so what is the point.  Just a sad, bitter old man.........

This is what Wotte said on Wednesday:

Saints manager Mark Wotte told BBC South Today: "I think it looks very good, and it''s about time.

"It''s been extremely difficult, there has been lots of worrying about the future of this great club but, hopefully, we can look to a better future.