Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Saints sack manager!

Admin would only be a good thing if it GUARANTEED that the clubs problems would be over.  If it meant that DS and MWJ were no longer involved.  If it meant that we could start with a completely clean slate and no worries.  I think Smudger and Wiz have looked at other clubs where its all worked out OK and want the same thing to happen here.  Understandable

Reality is totally different.  As mentioned before, SheepShggr stayed with Ipswich for 6 years and Ken Bates is still alive and festering at Leeds.  DS could form a new ''Celebrity McDonalds Burger Cooks Ltd'' and keep control of NCFC

All Admin does guarantee is a 10 point deduction and all sorts of promises before the league lets you play again.  Failure to obey means either a further points deduction or witholding of the Golden Share (ie League place).  No club has failed to come out of Admin in recent times - I think Workington (77) and Newport County and Aldershot (mid 80s?) were the last - but some have come pretty close (Southampton being the latest) and its only a matter of time before one does go under.  Tax authorities are usually the biggest creditor and they are getting nastier about receiving their money

DS and MWJ may be muppets, we may be following a Div 3 club now - but at least it IS a D3 club and we''re not trying to form a new club in the Ridgeons League....Dereham Town at home in the League, is that what Smudger and Wiz really want?  Doubtful

[quote user="Smudger"]

I think that we now have some diversionary tactics from 7rew, so I have a question for him... whose shoes would he rather be in right now... Norwich City''s, Leeds Utd''s or Ipswich Town''s? 

[/quote]Being as Ipswich are in the highest league and have the most money, theirs.But their takeover did not come from their administration did it?  It cam from independently of it and 5 years after the administration.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Smudger"]

I think that we now have some diversionary tactics from 7rew, so I have a question for him... whose shoes would he rather be in right now... Norwich City''s, Leeds Utd''s or Ipswich Town''s? 

[/quote]Being as Ipswich are in the highest league and have the most money, theirs.But their takeover did not come from their administration did it?  It cam from independently of it and 5 years after the administration.[/quote]And, unless I am very much mistaken, Ipswich went into administration before the 10-point penalty had come into effect. So it was a punishment-free crime.The question that pro-administration posters need to answer is this:How many teams that have gone into administration AND suffered at least a 10-point penalty are now as high up the ladder of English football as they were before they went into administration? I suspect the answer is few, if any.Leeds certainly are not; nor are Southampton. And Ipswich don''t count. And the St John Ambulance still got screwed, charity or no charity.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Being as Ipswich are in the highest league and have the most money, theirs.But their takeover did not come from their administration did it?  It cam from independently of it and 5 years after the administration.[/quote]And, unless I am very much mistaken, Ipswich went into administration before the 10-point penalty had come into effect. So it was a punishment-free crime.The question that pro-administration posters need to answer is this:How many teams that have gone into administration AND suffered at least a 10-point penalty are now as high up the ladder of English football as they were before they went into administration? I suspect the answer is few, if any.Leeds certainly are not; nor are Southampton. And Ipswich don''t count. And the St John Ambulance still got screwed, charity or no charity.[/quote]Trouble is the people confuse football success and financial probity. The board have been cautious & largely kept the club on a firm footing financially. investing more than enough in the team to be a fairly average Champs side. However they catastrophically mis-managed the football side with poor choices of managers & a strategy of relying on loan players that left the club relegated, short of players & at a very low ebb.Now there has been a suggestion that somehow administration would benefit the club in that it could then walk away from the debt to a sunny new future. The only rationale behind this is that posters hate Delia and would drive her out at any cost. To make this case you would need to defy logic.Firstly the 10 point deduction is ignored. No club has managed to be successful carrying this & the usual result of administration & deduction is relegation. Southampton face a long hard season this year with little prospect of success being more than avoiding relegation.Secondly no one has demonstrated a golden era post administration. Leeds are one of the biggest clubs in the country but can only bounce about in the third tier. The glorious example painted of the binners only amounts to a mid-table Champs team - which was where they were when they went into admin - after pocketing Evans £12m.Not really much to say for it, is there?