Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Norwich are signing Wade Small

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Ruel Fox was a key part of the best Norwich side ever[/quote]

Ruel Fox is a legend! how the hell was he never called up for England ahead of Crap like Tony dailey and Geoff thomas?

watch highlights of our 92/93 season.. Villa away.. watch Sutch score the winner after Ruel fox does  peace of skill that Kaka could only dream of doing.. magical!

jas :)

[/quote]

A succession of awful England managers, as simple as. 

Matt Le Tissier only got 8 caps........ that was a travesty too........ There are lots of player from that era of massive underachievement that missed out. Ian Crook should have had a shot as well.  Crook, Le Tissier and Fox...... sounds like World Cup 1994 qualification to me!

i rated norwich wingers of that day better than any team in the leauge fox lived up to his name cunning and very quick .

disco dale with his shuffle and step overs and clever trickery was a delight to watch .

exciting football crook in the middle of the park with passing and a real football brain made our midfield solid , with the forever battling townsend who never minded the hefty battle and got stuck in .

the real norwich stars we could be proud of .

I hope people aren''t going to get too hung up on this ''free transfer'' stuff - you could make a pretty decent side from freebies this year.  Just because a player is available on a Bosman does not mean he is crap, and just because you have to pay a fee doesn''t mean a player is any more or less likely to be good - all it means is that he is currently under contract.

Many Bosman''s are merely players who have been offered a new contract but let it lapse in order to look elsewhere (eg Croft, Nelson, Gill); others will be as a result of clubs needing to cut their cloth according to their current finances (ie squad trimming perhaps for older players, high earners or whatever); others will be because things didn''t work out (Fozzie?); of course others will be released as they just don''t cut it at their club''s current level (Eagle, Jarvis brothers etc) - but that doesn''t mean they couldn''t do it elsewhere. 

Re: Wade Small, I''m sure he could do a good job for us - but did notice that the Mirror reckoned he was being offered a contract by Charlton only a few weeks ago.

i agree with that branston and i firmly believe there are some very good players in the lower leauges hopefully the ones we have signed will be better than some of poor players we have had .

some players are also loyal and want to see out thier contact which is a good thing as some players prefer to be setlled .

i firmly believe the players norwich have signed will be good players well i really hope so .

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"]Wade Small???? wtf.  I thought we only ''did'' 6ft+ players[/quote]

No that is just your strange twisted take on Butterworth''s comments about needing some tall players in key positions. Like I already said to you in another thread, this does not mean that we are going to play basketball players on the wing.

In case you have never watched a game of football before we need tall players at centre back (e.g. Nelson), up front (e.g. Lee), in the middle of the park (e.g. Jones) and in goal (e.g. Doyle).

[/quote]To be fair I think you missed a joke,  Wade Small,  as in little or short or petite if you''re the pretentious type. 

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"]Wade Small???? wtf.  I thought we only ''did'' 6ft+ players
[/quote]

No that is just your strange twisted take on Butterworth''s comments about needing some tall players in key positions. Like I already said to you in another thread, this does not mean that we are going to play basketball players on the wing.

In case you have never watched a game of football before we need tall players at centre back (e.g. Nelson), up front (e.g. Lee), in the middle of the park (e.g. Jones) and in goal (e.g. Doyle).

[/quote]

To be fair I think you missed a joke,  Wade Small,  as in little or short or petite if you''re the pretentious type. 
[/quote]

Yeah that did click after I posted, sorry mate..... [Y]

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"]Wade Small???? wtf.  I thought we only ''did'' 6ft+ players[/quote]

[/quote]To be fair I think you missed a joke,  Wade Small,  as in little or short or petite if you''re the pretentious type.  [/quote]

Yeah that did click after I posted, sorry mate..... [Y]

[/quote]No worries matey[:)]

I sincerely hope that the signings of these pacey wingers such as Yeates & this lad Small comes to fruition, because the thought of yet another season of ''sideways'' football is too much to bear.Get ''em in asap, Fester.

[quote user="Shyster"]I sincerely hope that the signings of these pacey wingers such as Yeates & this lad Small comes to fruition, because the thought of yet another season of ''sideways'' football is too much to bear.

Get ''em in asap, Fester.
[/quote]

Is ''Fester'' now being used as a term of endearment, rather than as an insult? [:P]

[quote user="Shyster"]I sincerely hope that the signings of these pacey wingers such as Yeates & this lad Small comes to fruition, because the thought of yet another season of ''sideways'' football is too much to bear.

Get ''em in asap, Fester.
[/quote]

Colchester agreed a fee with ''Boro for Yeates yesterday so might have to take him off your Christmas list I''m afraid, and at a reported  Â£500,000 he was probably never really a viable option.

[quote user="Soldier on"]Yeates ha ha like he would join us. He''s gone to boro let''s hope hoolahan stays[/quote]Okay, I''ll be more specific -- wingers the ilk of Keates & Small such as Albert Adomah (Barnet) & Matt Phillips (Wycombe) We need out and out wide men and they''re going to have to be cheap.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

Bump, nobody want to comment?

I think..... good signing. Pacey, direct, knows where the goal is........ sounds like the type of dangerous player that we need.....

[/quote]

bump, juan wants more post count!!

Shame Yeates is now out of the question, definatly need to keep Wes now. Hopefully Small will still sign.

I''ve always admired Small''s talents, tricky little player, has the pace that Croft had but has the crossing Croft didn''t. Keep Hoolahan and have Small playing opposite flank... I for one would be pleased if we pull it off :)

I hope we do sign him, he''s a decent player for nothing.

Also I reckon you could make a chant to the tune of Wondewall by Oasis about him.

Last line would be something like "and after all we''ve got Wade Small"