Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Let's have Robert Chase & Peter Cullum on the NCFC Board.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

So now we have the "different times" chant coming to the fore........Just maybe Robert Chase would have acted differently during these so called "different times"?

It''s a classic case of making an argument hinge on a hypothetical. The fact is....Third in the Premiership, Cup Finals and Semis plus European football (with a quality team on the pitch) against Third Division shame and a public joke of a club.

There is no comparison to make.........

[/quote]

Ever feel you are wasting your breath Cluck.

No matter what you can prove re Chase the same old myths and lies rear their heads.

I would gladly swap just the european nights for all the rubbish dished up in the last 10 years under the name of football!

Check my many previous posts, Chase was hounded out with help from certain quarters. That "hype" has not stopped since.

They have lived off what he did and now it''s gone they are struggling

There is nothing to suggest that, even in the impossible unlikely event that Smith & Jones welcomed Chase to the board with open arms, that he would accept.  Why would a man in his dotage want the stress that comes with the involvement ?  He would only be a figurehead in any case - don''t we already have enough of those ?How about we stop living in cloud cuckoo land and look to the future ?

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

The big problem regarding the Chase issue is that too many on here pontificate about something they have neither experienced nor understand. It is simply "word of mouth" nonsense and a decade of cynical club spin.

Europe and third in the Premier League versus Division Three and a national joke?.....

Mmmmm....tough one that............

[/quote]As Im not old enough to fully understand the Chase era...If he was so good then why on earth was he protested against and subsequently rid of? Im assuming the same people who want protests against Delia were the same people who protested against Chase, and who now want him back? Im not going into the relative merits of Chase and Smith, just want to understand why people on here talk up Chase when he was (As far as im aware) so severely disliked not too long ago.

To add to what I wrote above, I checked out the Independent article someone posted above and found this "But in recent seasons he (Chase) has come under intense pressure from

disgruntled fans who have accused him of being more interested in

bricks and mortar than football."
Sounds no different to the current situation personally! Again im simply trying to understand the situation, not interested in petty mud-slinging.

TC- that''s why I posted the link. It seems some people have short memories.I do wonder whether, in another 15 years, some of the younger posters of today will be all misty eyed about how wonderful things were under the lovely Delia...The funny thing is that, by and large, I see myself as a fierce critic of the current regime but find myself more and more trying to add some perspective to the diatribes that appear on here. I really find it quite bizarre that, given what we all went through at the time, anybody would even half seriously suggest the return of Robert Chase.

Delia Out you really are a fool

For someone to be so passionate about this matter beggers belief unless you sir are Mr Chase himself???!!!

Personally i would rather have Gary Glitter baby sit for me than let that idiot run my football club again.

It was coincidental for Chase to be in charge during the most successful part of our history.

Can i remind you of the quote ''''if Chris Sutton is not here at the start of the season then neither will I'''' he subsequently sold Sutton a month later.

What ever you think of Delia at least she hasn''t bloody lied to us

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]TC- that''s why I posted the link. It seems some people have short memories.

I do wonder whether, in another 15 years, some of the younger posters of today will be all misty eyed about how wonderful things were under the lovely Delia...

The funny thing is that, by and large, I see myself as a fierce critic of the current regime but find myself more and more trying to add some perspective to the diatribes that appear on here. I really find it quite bizarre that, given what we all went through at the time, anybody would even half seriously suggest the return of Robert Chase.
[/quote]

We will all reminisce about wonderful achievement both on and off the field of play!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HILARIOUS.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

For someone to be so passionate about this matter beggers belief unless you sir are Mr Chase himself???!!!

Personally i would rather have Gary Glitter baby sit for me than let that idiot run my football club again.

It was coincidental for Chase to be in charge during the most successful part of our history.

Can i remind you of the quote ''''if Chris Sutton is not here at the start of the season then neither will I'''' he subsequently sold Sutton a month later.

[/quote]

Funniest thing I have heard in years.

You are either having a laugh, or perhaps the biggest fool visiting this message board.

[/quote]

Sorry but She has ! Quote after quote. Investment. How much in the club. Payed off loans. Wake up! No interset in buying club from anyone.

Chase sold Sutton for a record fee. Have we any 6 players at the club in total worth that! Sorry make that the whole bloody squad!

Not coincidence he was in charge. He picked the managers and controlled the players money. Great pay as long as they won. Called incentive.

You also keep missing that this lot has lived 10years on what he lft.

No he should never come back, but I do wish some of the myths that were invented to blacken him by........would finally die.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Delia and Micheal for those of you that look back to the reign of Chase with rose tinted spectacles you must have gone mad.  He asset stripped the playing side of the club while doing dodgy property and construction deals (Carter''s anyone, he was a director their I believe?), and through his actions and shortsightedness managed to preside over us falling out of the Premiership in the most important time in its history.  A bit like most dictators towards the end he seemed to go slightly mad on his own power.  For those of you that want him back don''t you remember what went on outside the City stand after the Villa game and the protests for half a season before that.  Those who would want his type back were either no old enough to live through it or must be losing their marbles.

Of course we can look back now and say we had more success under Chase than Delia but if you look where they both have taken the Club under their reigns then both make for poor reading.....

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]TC- that''s why I posted the link. It seems some people have short memories.I do wonder whether, in another 15 years, some of the younger posters of today will be all misty eyed about how wonderful things were under the lovely Delia...The funny thing is that, by and large, I see myself as a fierce critic of the current regime but find myself more and more trying to add some perspective to the diatribes that appear on here. I really find it quite bizarre that, given what we all went through at the time, anybody would even half seriously suggest the return of Robert Chase.[/quote]Huh?5 Years of the worst football seen played at Carrow Road for over half a century, has on countless occasions portrayed us to the media and public to be an utter joke of a football club, and worst of all sent us down to the third tier of football for the first time in 50 years, showing naive and sometimes fightening incompetence in the proccess, and you think what she did in the grand scheme of things for Norwich City will be remembered fondly?She''s still a great woman in my eyes, for the few things of which she has done in a positive aspect for this club, but for the mistakes and new lows she''s also brought to this club, Delia has become a figurehead of hate for many a City fan. And considering that we have forseen so much failiure and negativity under her reigime, it''s to be expected and justified also that we (in the majority) think that.I''m afraid the longer she stay''s, the longer we''ll see the fans and the club suffocated by the failiure and impotency that surrounds it, and in that, the more vicious and nasty those sufferring will hit out at her, as we try to claw for an acceptable, and indeed a long term future as a club.I will not remember the last 5 years as a fan of Norwich City Football Club with fond memories, and neither will ANY other Norwich fan who experienced it feel differently. How on earth could you as a supporter?

[quote user="Punting Canary"]

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Delia and Micheal for those of you that look back to the reign of Chase with rose tinted spectacles you must have gone mad.  He asset stripped the playing side of the club while doing dodgy property and construction deals (Carter''s anyone, he was a director their I believe?), and through his actions and shortsightedness managed to preside over us falling out of the Premiership in the most important time in its history.  A bit like most dictators towards the end he seemed to go slightly mad on his own power.  For those of you that want him back don''t you remember what went on outside the City stand after the Villa game and the protests for half a season before that.  Those who would want his type back were either no old enough to live through it or must be losing their marbles.

Of course we can look back now and say we had more success under Chase than Delia but if you look where they both have taken the Club under their reigns then both make for poor reading.....

[/quote]

Don''t have a pair of rose tinted glasses.

Just a good memory of exciting football, great players ,Eropean matches, pushing at the top of the Prem.

Then of course the totally unfounded accusations based on myth.

His time was up, he had run a good race. At least we competed with some great teams.

Another unqualified post based on rumour. Great stuff

[quote user="The Butler"]Check my many previous posts, Chase was hounded out with help from certain quarters.[/quote]Out of curiosity Buttles, are you including Geofrey Watling as "in certain Quarters?"

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]Check my many previous posts, Chase was hounded out with help from certain quarters.[/quote]Out of curiosity Buttles, are you including Geofrey Watling as "in certain Quarters?"[/quote]

No he just brokered the deal.

That''s a Nutty start to an argument[:D] Are you standing in for him while he is on holiday[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]Check my many previous posts, Chase was hounded out with help from certain quarters.[/quote]Out of curiosity Buttles, are you including Geofrey Watling as "in certain Quarters?"[/quote]No he just brokered the deal.

That''s a Nutty start to an argument[:D] Are you standing in for him while he is on holiday[;)][/quote]I''ll accept that as a compliment![;)] Then, do you think he was aware of the "hounding out" or was he oblivious to it?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]Check my many previous posts, Chase was hounded out with help from certain quarters.[/quote]Out of curiosity Buttles, are you including Geofrey Watling as "in certain Quarters?"[/quote]No he just brokered the deal.

That''s a Nutty start to an argument[:D] Are you standing in for him while he is on holiday[;)][/quote]I''ll accept that as a compliment![;)] Then, do you think he was aware of the "hounding out" or was he oblivious to it?

[/quote]

Well if I knew there is a fair chance that he must have at least "suspected" what was going on, it was very obvious at the end.

[quote user="The Butler"]Well if I knew there is a fair chance that he must have at least "suspected" what was going on, it was very obvious at the end.[/quote]So, can I take it that he was "aware" of Delia''s intentions to take over the club at the time he bought Chase''s shares or to take it a step further, a "party" to it?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]Well if I knew there is a fair chance that he must have at least "suspected" what was going on, it was very obvious at the end.[/quote]So, can I take it that he was "aware" of Delia''s intentions to take over the club at the time he bought Chase''s shares or to take it a step further, a "party" to it?[/quote]

See my prevous answer.

Do you think he would have bought Chase out if he didn''t know that Delia was ready to take over then Buttles?

[quote user="lappinitup"]Do you think he would have bought Chase out if he didn''t know that Delia was ready to take over then Buttles?[/quote]

My opinion ,as I can''t answer for what GW would have/not done, is that the deal was agreed as DS would not deal with RC.

A reasonable period of time for decency sake and the deal completed. I don''t think he ever envisaged a majority share holding though.

[/quote]

Are you insane?

''Glitter'' - You are clearly disturbed

''Coincidental for Chase to be in charge'' - Presumably you believe the same of Horatio Nelson when being victorious in many battles, including Trafalgar. Your warped logic would tell us - The battle was won ''despite of him'' & ''not because of him''!

''Lies'' - I just don''t have the time, nor inclination - other than to reaffirm that her 13 year tenure has been built on untruth & myth.

I CONCLUDE SIR, THAT YOU ARE THE FOOL!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"]Do you think he would have bought Chase out if he didn''t know that Delia was ready to take over then Buttles?[/quote]My opinion ,as I can''t answer for what GW would have/not done, is that the deal was agreed as DS would not deal with RC.

A reasonable period of time for decency sake and the deal completed. I don''t think he ever envisaged a majority share holding though.

[/quote]So, when people on here say that Watling/Delia is the clubs "saviour", the fact is that they were united in removing Chase and BOTH saved/ruined the club?

[quote user="Delia Out"]

I CONCLUDE SIR, THAT YOU ARE THE FOOL!

[/quote]But he''s not the one backing the suggestion that a man long retired (he must be in his late 70s now) and with no public interest in getting back into football or the public arena should do so.

[quote user="The Butler"]

No he should never come back, but I do wish some of the myths that were invented to blacken him by........would finally die.

[/quote]However, you are happy for the same tools to be reused agaist the current board?Administration, holes in the transfer budget, spin, lies about and deliberate misinterpretation of  her statements, etc...

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"]Do you think he would have bought Chase out if he didn''t know that Delia was ready to take over then Buttles?[/quote]My opinion ,as I can''t answer for what GW would have/not done, is that the deal was agreed as DS would not deal with RC.

[/quote]So, when people on here say that Watling/Delia is the clubs "saviour", the fact is that they were united in removing Chase and BOTH saved/ruined the club?[/quote]

To sweeping a statement.

I have not said united at all. Don''t twist the words Lapp.

When diving for the life rafts you don''t ask where the iceberg came from!

Neither saved or ruined the club. That has come later and way past GW''s involvement.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, as is the spine road at Carrow road!

GW may have looked at DS''s millions and thought that is what the club needs. I don''t know and now I can''t ask him[:)]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]And you Delia''s out are a patronising tosser.[/quote]

Nice to see the standars of debate passed down from the Oxford Union are not being let down!