Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Let's have Robert Chase & Peter Cullum on the NCFC Board.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, after nearly 150 posts on this thread, it is quite clear to any rational person that both  Peter Cullum and Robert Chase should be on the NCFC board.[:)]

Now, let''s see.........Cullum, Chase, Smith, Wynn-Jones, Foulger.

Hmmmmm..............now who''ll be Chairperson? Can''t be Smith - she wasn''t born in Norfolk, y''see. Chase too old, Cullum too busy, Wynn-Jones too  *********. So that leaves Foulger. Hmm.....

Tell you what. Chase is there to just put in a few words of wisdom, Cullum and Smith are busy......

Ahhhhhhh.........young McNally. Load him up & set him free............Let, see now......

''As a board we''ll do what we''re supposed to do - policy and financial oversight. Set the budgets.

Then we''ll paint the vision, agree the mission, set the goals, and establish ambitious benchmarks. Yeah.

Instruct the professionals to get on with it. Set them free. Demand performance. Back them.Young McNally & Team Gunn.

And then butt out''.

[:D]

OTBC

[/quote]

Trouble is Bly with that board you would need to spend the rebates on  floor reinforcement in the board room!

[/quote]

Never been in there.

But would the job require a building contractor? That''s the big question.

OTBC

[quote user="jelltex"]I did live through the Chase era and say that the success that City enjoyed then was despite Chase rather than because of him. Given the much larger sums involved these days, such financial recklessness that he oversaw would have indeed finished the club off. He saw himself as bigger and better than the club and it''s fans. If you really think Chase would be the answer you really didn''t understand the question. Pity the fool.[/quote]

I think this pretty much is a perfect way of puting it. The success was in spite of him not due to him.

I''ve said previously, tot up the sales of players and see where the money went. Considering the time period we must have been one of the biggest grossing clubs for selling players and yet we were so in debt and spent nothing on transfers compared to the sales - Biggest purchase at the time was one million? £5mil sale of Chris Sutton, English record at the time anyone?

[quote user="Downloads"]

[quote user="jelltex"]I did live through the Chase era and say that the success that City enjoyed then was despite Chase rather than because of him. Given the much larger sums involved these days, such financial recklessness that he oversaw would have indeed finished the club off. He saw himself as bigger and better than the club and it''s fans. If you really think Chase would be the answer you really didn''t understand the question. Pity the fool.[/quote]

I think this pretty much is a perfect way of puting it. The success was in spite of him not due to him.

I''ve said previously, tot up the sales of players and see where the money went. Considering the time period we must have been one of the biggest grossing clubs for selling players and yet we were so in debt and spent nothing on transfers compared to the sales - Biggest purchase at the time was one million? £5mil sale of Chris Sutton, English record at the time anyone?

[/quote]

Oh dear!

[quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

You may try to be as disingenuous as you wish - but it doesn''t wash.

We have been a selling club in every period of our existence from the 1950s onward to my certain knowledge. That is the way we pay our way and balance the books. It is our modus operandi. To suggest anything otherwise is just plain dishonest.

We have recently sold David Marshall and will little doubt soon sell Sammy Clingan and a couple of others. Cheaper replacements are on their way - as usual.

The fact is that Robert Chase executed this policy for the best part of a decade with the most success on the field that our club has ever experienced.

To suggest that this success was achieved inspite of Robert Chase is nasty and unsupportable. In fact you would be bound to fail any exam in which you proposed and triesd to argue in support of such absurdity.

Examine your motives.

And then grow up and get over it.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

We have been a selling club in every period of our existence from the 1950s onward to my certain knowledge. That is the way we pay our way and balance the books. It is our modus operandi. To suggest anything otherwise is just plain dishonest.

We have recently sold David Marshall and will little doubt soon sell Sammy Clingan and a couple of others. Cheaper replacements are on their way - as usual.

The fact is that Robert Chase executed this policy for the best part of a decade with the most success on the field that our club has ever experienced.

To suggest that this success was achieved inspite of Robert Chase is nasty and unsupportable. In fact you would be bound to fail any exam in which you proposed and triesd to argue in support of such absurdity.

Examine your motives.

OTBC

[/quote]

You seem to be an uneducated type as you appear to be reading into things i have never said... In what way was i being disingenuous?

I accept we are a selling club and i don''t mind us being a selling club, it is the only way we will ever balance the books without a rich benefactor.

Saying the success was in spite of him isn''t nasty, its just how i and many others see it. You don''t have to be a good businessman or have a good knowledge of football to own a club. Look at Man U, Sir Slex makes the decisions and he''s basically provided the resources to make the best decisions.

I personally believe that with the club''s success and transfer sales, there was no way we should have ended up in debt like we did. Why did he increase his own take in the club so dramatically prior to leaving in the last season? He just bled the club dry without puting the resources back in that the club made.

I don''t know what you are going on about "In fact you would be bound to fail any exam in which you proposed and triesd to argue in support of such absurdity". But i guarantee i could argue someone like you down - the sort of person with very little grey matter.

I would rather support an honest person than not and i believe you like talking about things you know not a lot about. With the downturn at he end of his tenure i''m sure the debts would have increased daily had he not been forced out. Martin O''Neil had a dispute over no money being provided and promptly left us, what a great move that was. If he was so great how come we got relegated under him so soon after being so successful?

Don''t get upset, its just a forum.

[/quote]

Examine your motives.

OTBC

[/quote]

Yes, Silly Billy ''Mr Downloads'' need to be educated - and here it is done superbly. Don''t you just cringe when the old ''despite rather than because'' comment from silly little twits like these.

They seem resentful that the club enjoyed such a wonderful spell of football under his leadership - whilst trying to excuse the pathetic failure of a football club that we have now.

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

Examine your motives.

OTBC

[/quote]

You seem to be an uneducated type as you appear to be reading into things i have never said... In what way was i being disingenuous?

I accept we are a selling club and i don''t mind us being a selling club, it is the only way we will ever balance the books without a rich benefactor.

Saying the success was in spite of him isn''t nasty, its just how i and many others see it. You don''t have to be a good businessman or have a good knowledge of football to own a club. Look at Man U, Sir Slex makes the decisions and he''s basically provided the resources to make the best decisions.

I personally believe that with the club''s success and transfer sales, there was no way we should have ended up in debt like we did. Why did he increase his own take in the club so dramatically prior to leaving in the last season? He just bled the club dry without puting the resources back in that the club made.

I don''t know what you are going on about "In fact you would be bound to fail any exam in which you proposed and triesd to argue in support of such absurdity". But i guarantee i could argue someone like you down - the sort of person with very little grey matter.

I would rather support an honest person than not and i believe you like talking about things you know not a lot about. With the downturn at he end of his tenure i''m sure the debts would have increased daily had he not been forced out. Martin O''Neil had a dispute over no money being provided and promptly left us, what a great move that was. If he was so great how come we got relegated under him so soon after being so successful?

Don''t get upset, its just a forum.

[/quote]

Are you serious - or simply idiotic!

Its way too difficult talking to someone like you. You don''t make any arguments and just say "are you serious?".

What are you hoping i''m going to say "no it was just a great big joke man"?

You also appear to be unable to grasp the English language or you too read something into what i said which i had no intention of portraying. I''m not resentful of our success, i am very proud of it. I don''t believe however that the success was there because of Chase''s great management.

I just would respect you more if you came back with a proper argument and was less aggressive as i''m not particularly worried by all your dramatics.

Oh and i don''t excuse the failure of the current management which is something else i also didn''t say.

I would prefer administration than the current set up as i believe it wouldn''t set us back as far as some people think, but i am also a realist and believe nothing will change as Delia can''t afford to walk out or sell up for peanuts - As much as i might want her to leave.

None of this stops me from supporting the club i love though.

[quote user="Downloads"]

Oh and i don''t excuse the failure of the current management which is something else i also didn''t say.

I would prefer administration than the current set up as i believe it wouldn''t set us back as far as some people think, but i am also a realist and believe nothing will change as Delia can''t afford to walk out or sell up for peanuts - As much as i might want her to leave.

[/quote]

You need to sort yourself out and cease your ridiculous and scurrilous diatribes about the Robert Chase years.

Dear, oh dear. Whatever next.

OTBC 

[quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

You need to sort yourself out and cease your ridiculous and scurrilous diatribes about the Robert Chase years.

OTBC 

[quote user="Downloads"]

Its way too difficult talking to someone like you. You don''t make any arguments and just say "are you serious?".

What are you hoping i''m going to say "no it was just a great big joke man"?

You also appear to be unable to grasp the English language or you too read something into what i said which i had no intention of portraying. I''m not resentful of our success, i am very proud of it. I don''t believe however that the success was there because of Chase''s great management.

I just would respect you more if you came back with a proper argument and was less aggressive as i''m not particularly worried by all your dramatics.

[/quote]

What are you really trying to say in this post?

C''mon! Let''s be having yer!

Tweet, tweet.

OTBC

[/quote]

OTBC 

[/quote]Agree with Downloads about Chase. Anyone involved with the pikey Yarmouth mafia Jones & Co had to be a wrong''unHe''s wrong about the current board though. they are squeaky clean and perfect in every way.

[quote user="BA"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

OTBC 

[/quote]

Agree with Downloads about Chase. Anyone involved with the pikey Yarmouth mafia Jones & Co had to be a wrong''un

He''s wrong about the current board though. they are squeaky clean and perfect in every way.
[/quote]

Evidently Her Majesty does not agree with your plainly prejudiced and somewhat unpleasant comments.[:P]

And you could do worse than ask him for the lowdown on the leader of your ''squeaky clean crew. But of course you won''t because you don''t really want to know, do you.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

Well that was such a compelling argument. I guess i won''t say anything more then.

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

Well that was such a compelling argument. I guess i won''t say anything more then.

[/quote]

That would be a very good idea.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Downloads"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

[/quote]

That would be a very good idea.

OTBC

[/quote]

You''re talking 1BA by another name Bly......Clearly not only deluded but painfully naive as well......

Save your electricity mate......

How about bringig in Jimmy Jones to complete the ''dream team''. Would Jimmy & Bob be able to work together again?

The ''Delia Out'' comments on another thread are not only accurate, but worth a review so as to remind ourselves of what was going on behind the scenes in 95/96.

Taken from ''Jimmy Jones given an MBE'':

Yet another fan who is unaware of what really happened! Jimmy was ''got at'', and stabbed Bob in the back. In return for the instrumental part he played in the under-hand ousting of Chase, he was promised a place on a new board to be assembled by Smith once she gained control - via Watling. Alas, after playing his part, poor Jimmy was to be dropped like a stone by the twisted toe-rag that (13 years later) has all but destroyed her ''little old Norwich''. I know that Jimmy is resentful & remorseful in respect of how he allowed himself to be used so cruelly by callous Smith, Blower & co.

Although Jimmy (no doubt) deserves his MBE, he must regret how he allowed himself to become a catalyst in the downfall of a successful football club.

I wish you well Jimmy - congratulations, and many thanks for the part you played whilst serving alongside Bob during those fantastic seasons from the mid-80''s to early 90''s, and before your involvement with certain individuals!