Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Let's have Robert Chase & Peter Cullum on the NCFC Board.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Sparta was formed in 900 B.C.  Were there earlier nanny states ? [;)]
[/quote]

Now that Leonidas was just the sort of midfield general we need. Shame his career was cruelly curtailed by a nasty tackle from behind from Xerxes.....

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Sparta was formed in 900 B.C.  Were there earlier nanny states ? [;)]
[/quote]

Now that Leonidas was just the sort of midfield general we need. Shame his career was cruelly curtailed by a nasty tackle from behind from Xerxes.....

[/quote]

Welcome back young master.

Hope honeymoon was to both your liking[;)]

Good to have you back sir ![quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Sparta was formed in 900 B.C.  Were there earlier nanny states ? [;)][/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Sparta was formed in 900 B.C.  Were there earlier nanny states ? [;)]
[/quote]Now that Leonidas was just the sort of midfield general we need. Shame his career was cruelly curtailed by a nasty tackle from behind from Xerxes.....[/quote]Beauseant! [:D][Y]

Afternoon all! Just back and trying to catch up with work, family and all things NCFC! Have missed you all, although concerned to see that the Butler is now spreading dubious information on another thread. Do you have no have no concern for the high moral standards of this forum?[:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Afternoon all! Just back and trying to catch up with work, family and all things NCFC! Have missed you all, although concerned to see that the Butler is now spreading dubious information on another thread. Do you have no have no concern for the high moral standards of this forum?[:D]

[/quote]

Sorry Sir, gone off the rails a bit in your absence. Try not to let it happen again sob sob

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Welcome back Beauseant, hope you had a wonderful time, wedding pics looked great [Y][:)][/quote]

Cheers mate.It was a lovely day and we had a great time in Italy.Feel recharged and ready for our triumphant romp back to the Championship![:|]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Which came first - the mother fixation or the nanny state ?

Honestly cluck - such piffle...
[/quote]

The truth hurts.... but only if it applies.....I suspect then that you have just experienced an epiphany moment.....

Breast or powdered milk was it?

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Which came first - the mother fixation or the nanny state ?Honestly cluck - such piffle...[/quote]

The truth hurts.... but only if it applies.....I suspect then that you have just experienced an epiphany moment.....

[/quote]

So, something you have said has caused me to have an epiphany.  

Tell me, does this superiority complex of yours manifest itself in other ways ?

Good to see you''re still trolling out the same old "If the cap fits" line though - god forbid you should have anything new to say.

Don''t go changing ! [;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Which came first - the mother fixation or the nanny state ?

Honestly cluck - such piffle...
[/quote]

[/quote]

So, something you have said has caused me to have an epiphany.  

Tell me, does this superiority complex of yours manifest itself in other ways ?

Good to see you''re still trolling out the same old "If the cap fits" line though - god forbid you should have anything new to say.

Don''t go changing ! [;)]

[/quote]

Look...don''t get uppity about it. Often it''s good for the soul to get these things out into the open so that in time you can try to let go.........

Just start a thread and annonce that you are "coming out" about it.... and we''ll all support you. I''m sure no-ome will take the pee.

Be brave Blubs.... be brave.

Ok thats a start. Thats one person saying that not everyone wanted him out, as ive always been led to believe. Werent the protests supposed to be very angry, bordering on riots? What sort of numbers are we talking about? I assume there was more than the Delia protests? Ive been told of a match on boxing day where it all kicked off big time. Any definitive answers would be great.
My Uncle (serving in the Police at that time) says that their estimate of numbers for the ''demonstration mob'' were 2,000 to 2,500, congregating outside the main stand. Windows would be smashed by an intimidating, angry mob & sometimes casualties would be sustained on both the side of protesters & Police.

It started (of course) with Roy Blower. He used to stand by the River imploring fans to boycott games. He encouraged fans not to enter the ground so as to starve the club of income in a perverted attempt to force the removal of Chase & his board. Gradually he & his loyal associates (such as the despicable Rupert Sheldon) gained support - leading to scenes described above.

Hundreds of fans (loyal to the club & supportive of the board) would bypass the protesting mob & treat them with contempt & disdain.

Chase claimed that his grandchildren had been subjected to terrible abuse at school as a result of the unrest, and that he & his wife had received many death threats. His property had sustained damage & on occasions dog excrement had been pushed through his front door.

I''d say on certain occassions the numbers were greater than 2,000 - 2,500 but that''s a pretty fair reflection.  I''m not sure if when you say hundreds of fans used to walk past and treat them with disdain is you trying to make out that the protestors were in the minority as this is certainly not the case.

TRENT CANARY - You appear to want to know about the protests and as someone who was involve first hand here is a brief run down of what happened.

The first happened after a 1-0 home defeat to Notts Forest when about 200 stayed in the ground and protested for half an hour.  Upon leaving there was about another 300 protesting outsite the mainstand.  it was not particularly aggressive until the end when police disperssed everyone (not with minimal force).

There was then a larger protest during the home defeat to Liverpool where 17000 fans (so clearly not the minority) held up red cards to the board at half time. After the game there were further protests outside the mainstand approx 3,000 people and police horses were used on the crowd which resulted in violence from both sides.  There were similare protests after the last game of the season agains Villa.

The most violent protests i remember were on Boxing Day the following season as you stated.  We''d lost 1-0 at home to Southend and O''Neill had just quit.  The police were prepared with riot vans and dogs and punches were definitely exchanged.  Plus it was snowing which gave protestors the perfect weapons in snowballs to fight back with!!  This protest went on for over 2 hours with fans running round the ground trying to get back in and being chased by police with dogs.

Now i''m not condoning or trying to glorify violence but as you asked wht happened and seemed interested I thought i''d give you an honest recollection of events.

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

Ok thats a start. Thats one person saying that not everyone wanted him out, as ive always been led to believe. Werent the protests supposed to be very angry, bordering on riots? What sort of numbers are we talking about? I assume there was more than the Delia protests? Ive been told of a match on boxing day where it all kicked off big time. Any definitive answers would be great.
My Uncle (serving in the Police at that time) says that their estimate of numbers for the ''demonstration mob'' were 2,000 to 2,500, congregating outside the main stand. Windows would be smashed by an intimidating, angry mob & sometimes casualties would be sustained on both the side of protesters & Police.

It started (of course) with Roy Blower. He used to stand by the River imploring fans to boycott games. He encouraged fans not to enter the ground so as to starve the club of income in a perverted attempt to force the removal of Chase & his board. Gradually he & his loyal associates (such as the despicable Rupert Sheldon) gained support - leading to scenes described above.

Hundreds of fans (loyal to the club & supportive of the board) would bypass the protesting mob & treat them with contempt & disdain.

Chase claimed that his grandchildren had been subjected to terrible abuse at school as a result of the unrest, and that he & his wife had received many death threats. His property had sustained damage & on occasions dog excrement had been pushed through his front door.

I''d say on certain occassions the numbers were greater than 2,000 - 2,500 but that''s a pretty fair reflection.  I''m not sure if when you say hundreds of fans used to walk past and treat them with disdain is you trying to make out that the protestors were in the minority as this is certainly not the case.

TRENT CANARY - You appear to want to know about the protests and as someone who was involve first hand here is a brief run down of what happened.

The first happened after a 1-0 home defeat to Notts Forest when about 200 stayed in the ground and protested for half an hour.  Upon leaving there was about another 300 protesting outsite the mainstand.  it was not particularly aggressive until the end when police disperssed everyone (not with minimal force).

There was then a larger protest during the home defeat to Liverpool where 17000 fans (so clearly not the minority) held up red cards to the board at half time. After the game there were further protests outside the mainstand approx 3,000 people and police horses were used on the crowd which resulted in violence from both sides.  There were similare protests after the last game of the season agains Villa.

The most violent protests i remember were on Boxing Day the following season as you stated.  We''d lost 1-0 at home to Southend and O''Neill had just quit.  The police were prepared with riot vans and dogs and punches were definitely exchanged.  Plus it was snowing which gave protestors the perfect weapons in snowballs to fight back with!!  This protest went on for over 2 hours with fans running round the ground trying to get back in and being chased by police with dogs.

Now i''m not condoning or trying to glorify violence but as you asked wht happened and seemed interested I thought i''d give you an honest recollection of events.

[/quote]

Many (maybe most) of the protestors were frustrated football hooligans on the withdrawal wagon from the excesses of previous years

[um]

OTBC

[/quote]

Many (maybe most) of the protestors were frustrated football hooligans on the withdrawal wagon from the excesses of previous years

[um]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[/quote]

[um]

OTBC

[/quote]

This may have been true of some of the fans that protested outside the ground but as I said at the Liverpool game 17,000 fans protested in the form of holding up red cards and the majority of these were certainly not former football hooligans.

Mind you i''d like to see these people back protesting at the current regime as it seems these people had more of an effect than the current form of protests such as meetings at St Andrews Hall etc...

"Mind you i''d like to see these people back protesting at the current regime as it seems these people had more of an effect than the current form of protests such as meetings at St Andrews Hall etc"...

I''m afraid this is the result of changing the traditional ethos of the club. Back then the "fans" felt part of NCFC....now we are mere onlookers....

From Europe to where we ended up with Robert Chase seemed like a mighty fall from grace at the time.... Division Two to Division Three doesn''t have quite the same resonance.

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[/quote]

[um]

OTBC

[/quote]

This may have been true of some of the fans that protested outside the ground but as I said at the Liverpool game 17,000 fans protested in the form of holding up red cards and the majority of these were certainly not former football hooligans.

Mind you i''d like to see these people back protesting at the current regime as it seems these people had more of an effect than the current form of protests such as meetings at St Andrews Hall etc...

[/quote]

Counted them did you?

It is wholly misleading to suggest that near on all attendees of that match held up red cards.

Untrue & a ridiculous statement to make.

It''s high time Robert Chase was brought out of the shadows and given the full credit he deserves. Great managers....great players....great football.....great times.

Happily some of us don''t have such short memories.... and some of us don''t need to rely on "hear-say" to form an opinion.

So "lets be ''avin you Bob". The old cook needs to be brought down to size and a bit of sweet revenge might be good for the soul........

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

It''s high time Robert Chase was brought out of the shadows and given the full credit he deserves. Great managers....great players....great football.....great times.

Happily some of us don''t have such short memories.... and some of us don''t need to rely on "hear-say" to form an opinion.

So "lets be ''avin you Bob". The old cook needs to be brought down to size and a bit of sweet revenge might be good for the soul........

[/quote]

Hear, hear.

Nailed.

OTBC

[um]

OTBC

Counted them did you?

It is wholly misleading to suggest that near on all attendees of that match held up red cards.

Ok then Mr Pedantic it may not have been 17,000 but it''s by no means a ridiculous statement!!!  There was a crowd of 20,000 there minus 2,000 Liverpool fans then at least three quarters of the crowd held up the said cards which would equate to 14,000 people holding them up.  I was there and saw it with my own eyes and it is by no means a ridiculous statement!!

Anyway the point I originally tried to make was that his time at the club had clearly ran it''s course and at the time someone else was needed to takeover the reigns much in the same way it is now time for someone else to come and take over from Delia although who that is to be is anyones guess.

[um]

OTBC

Counted them did you?

Ok then Mr Pedantic it may not have been 17,000 but it''s by no means a ridiculous statement!!!  There was a crowd of 20,000 there minus 2,000 Liverpool fans then at least three quarters of the crowd held up the said cards which would equate to 14,000 people holding them up.  I was there and saw it with my own eyes and it is by no means a ridiculous statement!!

Anyway the point I originally tried to make was that his time at the club had clearly ran it''s course and at the time someone else was needed to takeover the reigns much in the same way it is now time for someone else to come and take over from Delia although who that is to be is anyones guess.

[/quote]

An observation, if I may, mr faithful.

Examine the list of players in the forum signature you have chosen and which is located at the bottom of each of your posts. I am sure it embodies the distillation in your mind of all the best you have experienced in supporting our club over the years.

How many of your 11 were here during the 10 years or so of Robert Chase? 10 out of 11 by my count.

And how many were/are here during the 12 years or so of Delia Smith? 1 out of 11.  

And yet the faithful prefer sickly celebrity and persistent failure to tough, hardheaded performance.

Dear, oh dear.

OTBC

Bly - It''s an interesting observation but the majority of these players were all playing for Norwich when I was aged between 7 and 13 and I held these players up as heroes as I was a young impressionable lad much in the same way as if i put my favourite England team at the bottom it would mainly consist of the Italia 90 squad.  We all get misty eyed about the team we watched as a kid much in the same way your signature consists of players from your younger days.  I have no doubt if I had been 10 years old when we last won the Championship the team at the bottom of my signature would look very different.

Where have i said i prefer the celebrity we have now???  I''ve clearly stated she has to go much the same way that Chase had to go back then.

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]I have also recently had to change my NCFC dream team signature due to Robert Chase selling half of them to develop Colney.[/quote]

Oh dear.... that old chestnut again.

I seem to recall that just about every one of Smith''s retarded signings have commented on the "World Class training facilities" as being the decider to sign.

You can''t have it all ways.

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]I have also recently had to change my NCFC dream team signature due to Robert Chase selling half of them to develop Colney.[/quote]

Cheer up.

I just  luuuurrrrrrv your avatar.

OTBC

Who are you going to change them for? Eadie? Bellamy? O''Neil? Johnson? Earnshaw? Ashton? Green? Safri? Etuhu? Marshall?

Oh dear, I nearly forgot, Delia Smith sold them all off to...............take your choice. 

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Cheer up.

I just  luuuurrrrrrv your avatar.

OTBC

[/quote]

Unfortunately the sarcasm of post has been missed as for some reason whenever I try to put a ;) at the end of a sentence it doesn''t appear!!  Oh well never mind that comment was meant as tongue in cheek!!

As for who i''d replace them with i''d probably go with the likes of Darren Beckford, Mike Sheron. Mike Milligan and Keith Scott just a few of the star buys brought in as replacements during the Chase Era!!  WINK WINK/ TONGUE IN CHEEK!!!!!

Well, after nearly 150 posts on this thread, it is quite clear to any rational person that both  Peter Cullum and Robert Chase should be on the NCFC board.[:)]

Now, let''s see.........Cullum, Chase, Smith, Wynn-Jones, Foulger.

Hmmmmm..............now who''ll be Chairperson? Can''t be Smith - she wasn''t born in Norfolk, y''see. Chase too old, Cullum too busy, Wynn-Jones too  *********. So that leaves Foulger. Hmm.....

Tell you what. Chase is there to just put in a few words of wisdom, Cullum and Smith are busy......

Ahhhhhhh.........young McNally. Load him up & set him free............Let, see now......

''As a board we''ll do what we''re supposed to do - policy and financial oversight. Set the budgets.

Then we''ll paint the vision, agree the mission, set the goals, and establish ambitious benchmarks. Yeah.

Instruct the professionals to get on with it. Set them free. Demand performance. Back them.Young McNally & Team Gunn.

And then butt out''.

[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, after nearly 150 posts on this thread, it is quite clear to any rational person that both  Peter Cullum and Robert Chase should be on the NCFC board.[:)]

Now, let''s see.........Cullum, Chase, Smith, Wynn-Jones, Foulger.

Hmmmmm..............now who''ll be Chairperson? Can''t be Smith - she wasn''t born in Norfolk, y''see. Chase too old, Cullum too busy, Wynn-Jones too  *********. So that leaves Foulger. Hmm.....

Tell you what. Chase is there to just put in a few words of wisdom, Cullum and Smith are busy......

Ahhhhhhh.........young McNally. Load him up & set him free............Let, see now......

''As a board we''ll do what we''re supposed to do - policy and financial oversight. Set the budgets.

Then we''ll paint the vision, agree the mission, set the goals, and establish ambitious benchmarks. Yeah.

Instruct the professionals to get on with it. Set them free. Demand performance. Back them.Young McNally & Team Gunn.

And then butt out''.

[:D]

OTBC

[/quote]

Trouble is Bly with that board you would need to spend the rebates on  floor reinforcement in the board room!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[um]

OTBC

Counted them did you?

[/quote]

An observation, if I may, mr faithful.

Examine the list of players in the forum signature you have chosen and which is located at the bottom of each of your posts. I am sure it embodies the distillation in your mind of all the best you have experienced in supporting our club over the years.

How many of your 11 were here during the 10 years or so of Robert Chase? 10 out of 11 by my count.

And how many were/are here during the 12 years or so of Delia Smith? 1 out of 11.  

And yet the faithful prefer sickly celebrity and persistent failure to tough, hardheaded performance.

Dear, oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Excellent Terry, Excellent!