Sign in to follow this  
concerned-scouse

Whats happened to Norwich City (an outsiders request)

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well I was there and I didn''t see anyone around me applaud the team off after the match. What I saw and heard were boos, "you''re not fit to wear the shirt" And as I pointed out out on another thread, there were some individual performances where some fans thought those players were in fact fit to wear the shirt. These players acknowledged that the fans were fit to wear the shirt and some fans acknowledged those players in return.

But once again the focus on here turns to the fans. Folk who weren''t there allow the media to distort what actually happens. The players "who didn''t turn up" certainly did get the message from the fans during and after the game. A message that was loud and clear unlike the muttering from the high and mighty embarrassed fans who were watching on the wireless.

[/quote]

Strange how perceptions vary. I was unfortunately in the home end surrounded by gloating Charlton fans and having to keep shtum and I saw fans trying to lift the team and showing fantastic support until it was clear the majority of the players gave not a toss. "do you even give a sh*t" rang out and there certainly was lots of anger. It''s always hard at the end of a game like that where some did deserve applause,and got it, but most didn''t and were told. Most of the team were an embarrasment and they got the message. There''s little evidence they could care less. The majority were quite happy to disappear up the tunnel afterwards without even having the balls to come to the fans, unlike Lee. Superb fan behaviour and pathetic team yet again. They don''t deserve us. I don''t want to hear criticism of the support. It was nothing short of outstanding in the face of continual provocation.    

[/quote]

Thank you SPat. And your account is pretty much the same as that of a Charlton fan I spoke to. As I said some of the players were left in no doubt how the fans felt both during and after the game. In fact some of the very audible criticism of Marshall at 3-0 even made me cringe. It was worse than anything we levelled at his name sake when he was wearing scum colours against us. He didn''t have my sympathy though, we were 3-0 down against the bottom team and on our way to the third division. If he didn''t like it then tough! But the other side of the coin is there was no abuse thrown towards Lee, Doc and McDonald. They were part of the team but they quite obviously did give a sh*t. And this is why some fans both booed and applauded practically simultaneously.

There have been many posts on here saying the fans get the club they deserve. I don''t agree with that and I certainly don''t agree that those fans, having paid good money and supported their team only to be let down, should have to return home to be slagged off by the "Wireless Warriors" (good name OB) who have no idea what it was like to be there or what actually went on.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]A measured and reasonable responce Old Boy…However, I am sure that you can at least agree with the fact that if a large majority of the fans at The Valley were heard to be singing "Sack The Board (I know its not physically possible) instead of "City Til I Die" and applauding the team, then the message would be so much clearer to Delia and Michael would it not? I think they must get some pretty confusing signals from us lot? We don''t all stay to applaud the team at the end of the Reading game, but nor do we protest en masse either? Had that been the Chase Days there would have been blood on the streets… we all know that!Maybe they are sticking around cos they think there are more for them than against them.Well, the fact of the matter is that we are now in Division Three. That, to me, is nothing short of scandalous. And the only consistent in our steady decline has been our board of directors… two of whom have been there through it all.Now then, in order to stop mob rule having its way… what is your solution?[/quote]I''m not pro-Board, but I am pro-Norwich City. I''m not a "blood on the streets" person - there''s no reason for it. This Board''s incompetent in some areas, not criminal. Inciting personal hatred is just wrong, but that doesn''t stop some football fans, who persecute managers and players who fall out of favour, and their families. And these fans think they''re doing their Club a service, when in fact they are being incredibly damaging. We can see that now with our Club. Posters on here have been abusing Delia and MJW for years, when they have no idea at all who would be be willing and fit to take the Club on and do a better job. The same posters (by and large) also got rid of Worthy without having a clue as to who we were likely to get who would do a better job: these people thought that just because Worthy over-achieved and got us up into the Premiership with a squad full of lower-league players, plus a couple of class players, we had everything in place to be a Premier League Club. And we didn''t. We came back down with a bump, and the flaws began to show. But instead of mending the building and strengthening it, these posters wanted to tear it all down with no clue as to what to do then. And it''s not even within their power to tear it down, and yet they still bleat on about it. For sure, we need changes in the Club. The weak areas need to be strengthened, and this includes the senior management on the football and non-football sides. People have to made accountable, but not through a mindless hate campaign. I hope that the Chairman and the Chief Executive, who are really the people responsible for the failures of recent years, will resign. We need to replace them with competent people who realise the importance of appointing the right football manager, and will understand and do the diligence that''s due to that crucial choice: and every manager who''s likely to come here now will have flaws, and the Chairman and the CEO should accept that they will need to assist in those areas. Our current chiefs have failed at both those things - they''ve employed flawed managers and then thrown them to the dogs. And then we need to hope that we can eke out what little money''s left until we get back to winning football games....This isn''t a "solution" - there is no "solution" that I or anyone can force on the Club as it''s constituted now. Sadly, we ordinary fans are powerless to be constructive these days, we can only be destructive. And I love the Club too much to destroy it.

Old Boy, i don`t think there are many on this forum who are inciting hatred but football is a passionate sport and surely it`s understandable that there`s alot of anger at our demise?  You say major changes need to be made and you hope the CEO and Chairman stand down, but what if they don`t?  What if there isn`t any obvious change of tack and it`s more patronising nonsense and "steady as she goes"?  The only power we have as fans is to either boycott or let them know that we don`t think they should continue.

Old Boy, you make some excellent points and it''s really common sense, but sadly if you are pointing the finger at the board, and for the sake of this post I will just emphasise I mean Doncaster and Munby here as they were there today, "answering" questions and giving the same stale old statements and acting as if we had merely lost a few games, not thrown our heritage down the pan.

They will never learn. They say they will, but in my heart of heart I know they won''t. They still won''t admit to making mistakes, being misguided or lacking skills. In fact Doncaster in response to that very point (the board lacking financial or footballing skills) said that they possessed skills alright, and some we were not aware of.

I do however (maybe it''s wishful thinking, but on body language alone) sense a split or difference in thinking between Munby and Doncaster.

I have to say this is my own very personal opinion, but I have absolutely ZERO faith in anyone on the board to make a rational or intelligent decision over appointing a manager capable of taking this club forward. I also have no faith in them to tell me anything of relevance and expect more of the same old, same old tired old spin, plus of course soon to come a guilt trip package trying to persuade us not to claim our rebate back "so they can invest in the team".

When I have confidence that the board will invest in the team, I will gladly gift them that money, and more, but today has given me even less confidence that they are either competent or can answer a question succinctly or honestly.

They are still feted and applauded by enough fans who think they are doing the right things for the club, while this continues, they are unlikely to appoint anyone who might rock the boat and start telling them things they don''t want to hear.

If relegation wasn''t bad enough, still having these incompetent fools in charge of our club makes it ten times worse.

As for fans being powerless to realise or force change, then if we give up our club will never prosper, not under the current regime. It''s time for us all to decide what we want to do. Old Boy, I certainly don''t advocate personnel hatred but I do wish for a voice and a campaign to challenge the boards'' policy and thinking.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Old Boy, you make some excellent points and it''s really common sense, but sadly if you are pointing the finger at the board, and for the sake of this post I will just emphasise I mean Doncaster and Munby here as they were there today, "answering" questions and giving the same stale old statements and acting as if we had merely lost a few games, not thrown our heritage down the pan. They will never learn. They say they will, but in my heart of heart I know they won''t. They still won''t admit to making mistakes, being misguided or lacking skills. In fact Doncaster in response to that very point (the board lacking financial or footballing skills) said that they possessed skills alright, and some we were not aware of. I do however (maybe it''s wishful thinking, but on body language alone) sense a split or difference in thinking between Munby and Doncaster. I have to say this is my own very personal opinion, but I have absolutely ZERO faith in anyone on the board to make a rational or intelligent decision over appointing a manager capable of taking this club forward. I also have no faith in them to tell me anything of relevance and expect more of the same old, same old tired old spin, plus of course soon to come a guilt trip package trying to persuade us not to claim our rebate back "so they can invest in the team". When I have confidence that the board will invest in the team, I will gladly gift them that money, and more, but today has given me even less confidence that they are either competent or can answer a question succinctly or honestly. They are still feted and applauded by enough fans who think they are doing the right things for the club, while this continues, they are unlikely to appoint anyone who might rock the boat and start telling them things they don''t want to hear. If relegation wasn''t bad enough, still having these incompetent fools in charge of our club makes it ten times worse. As for fans being powerless to realise or force change, then if we give up our club will never prosper, not under the current regime. It''s time for us all to decide what we want to do. Old Boy, I certainly don''t advocate personnel hatred but I do wish for a voice and a campaign to challenge the boards'' policy and thinking.[/quote]

Spot on Gazza.

They keep saying the club belongs to the fans, then totally ignoring them if they dare to say something they don''t want to hear. The amazing thing is there are still swarms of people who are right behind them.

Yeah, have to admit when I got home tonight I wondered why I had even bothered going today. It''s not that I didn''t hear or see anything I didn''t expect. I expected it all.

I just wondered, after seeing the team relegated to a position we had not been in for 50 years, that a few more people might just start asking why this had happened.

What we got was still an awful lot of people completely happy for the old crew to keep on going with the same old stuff.

Relegation was bad enough, acceptance of it by so many is heartbreaking.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well I was there and I didn''t see anyone around me applaud the team off after the match. What I saw and heard were boos, "you''re not fit to wear the shirt" And as I pointed out out on another thread, there were some individual performances where some fans thought those players were in fact fit to wear the shirt. These players acknowledged that the fans were fit to wear the shirt and some fans acknowledged those players in return.

But once again the focus on here turns to the fans. Folk who weren''t there allow the media to distort what actually happens. The players "who didn''t turn up" certainly did get the message from the fans during and after the game. A message that was loud and clear unlike the muttering from the high and mighty embarrassed fans who were watching on the wireless.

[/quote]

Strange how perceptions vary. I was unfortunately in the home end surrounded by gloating Charlton fans and having to keep shtum and I saw fans trying to lift the team and showing fantastic support until it was clear the majority of the players gave not a toss. "do you even give a sh*t" rang out and there certainly was lots of anger. It''s always hard at the end of a game like that where some did deserve applause,and got it, but most didn''t and were told. Most of the team were an embarrasment and they got the message. There''s little evidence they could care less. The majority were quite happy to disappear up the tunnel afterwards without even having the balls to come to the fans, unlike Lee. Superb fan behaviour and pathetic team yet again. They don''t deserve us. I don''t want to hear criticism of the support. It was nothing short of outstanding in the face of continual provocation.    

[/quote]

Thank you SPat. And your account is pretty much the same as that of a Charlton fan I spoke to. As I said some of the players were left in no doubt how the fans felt both during and after the game. In fact some of the very audible criticism of Marshall at 3-0 even made me cringe. It was worse than anything we levelled at his name sake when he was wearing scum colours against us. He didn''t have my sympathy though, we were 3-0 down against the bottom team and on our way to the third division. If he didn''t like it then tough! But the other side of the coin is there was no abuse thrown towards Lee, Doc and McDonald. They were part of the team but they quite obviously did give a sh*t. And this is why some fans both booed and applauded practically simultaneously.

There have been many posts on here saying the fans get the club they deserve. I don''t agree with that and I certainly don''t agree that those fans, having paid good money and supported their team only to be let down, should have to return home to be slagged off by the "Wireless Warriors" (good name OB) who have no idea what it was like to be there or what actually went on.

[/quote]Not at all NN. I''m sick of hearing that it''s the fans fault too, fans that year in year out have shown almost unrivelled support. Criticism from people who couldn''t even manage to turn up for a protest they''ve been baying for for years. The players know whether they were commited and so did everyone that was there. The professionalism of Doc in particular who''s been abused left right and centre all year is a real credit to the man, most of the others can s*d off in my opinion.

No apologies for resurrecting one of the best threads of last season, but my question is . . .

. . . what''s happened to the bigfella? 

Where are you big man, and what''s your take on recent events???

[quote user="canary cherub "]

No apologies for resurrecting one of the best threads of last season, but my question is . . .

[/quote]

I reckon Doncaster kidknapped him on the way up to Scotland and left him floundering in a bog in the middle of sutherland.......[:D]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

I reckon Doncaster kidknapped him on the way up to Scotland and left him floundering in a bog in the middle of sutherland.......[:D]

[/quote]

lol! . . . let''s hope the bigfella isn''t cemented into the foundations of the Riverside flats.  Rumour has it that Doomcaster was seen out there one dark night with a shovel, when questioned he claimed that Delia had sent him to clear up the dog poop in the car park . . . [:D]

[/quote]

I reckon he was Doncaster...............

Mark .Y.

[quote user="concerned-scouse"]

Hi Canary Fans Liverpool fan here with some questions?

Whatever happened to Norwich City? I have felt the need to join your forum to express my views and find some answers to the possible demise of a proud family club.

Norwich City: One of the last few teams to play proper passing football.

Norwich City: The last team to play in front of the Spion Kop, and a good game of passing football with genuine respect between fans of the beautiful game.

Norwich City: Unexpected passers of the ball in a great european run, with an awesome goal by Goss if i remember.

Norwich City: Genuine rumours on Merseyside of a certain Darren Huckerby joining to replace Patrick Berger, stayed bloody loyal to you guys, Missed a great opportunity for himself for you the fans. Massive respect to him and to you for keeping him. Dumped by that rodent guy. Most fouled player in the league during your premiership season.

Norwich City: Charlton and Southampton can go down, but i read that you still have 25,000 sellouts and that you cant get a season ticket for next year.

Norwich City: On the ball city, never mind the danger (or something like that). The oldest song in football ive read somewhere.

Norwich City: Despite losing out on Europe because of the actions of a few Liverpool louts, I saw 3 of your scarves on the Shankly gates, a different class of fan.

Norwich City: Respected on my part of Merseyside for passing the ball, the way Shankly would enjoy. We loved the 2-0 against Fergies Mancs as well.

Norwich City: For me and my mates, can you tell us what happened to the beautiful game at Carrow Road?

Norwich City: You have some fans in Liverpool that will be praying that results go for you this weekend. You simply do not deserve to go down with your proud history of passing football.

Norwich City: Good Luck this weekend!

[/quote]

Fantastic Post mate, I''ll tell you what has happened.

It is mostly the fault of the woeful owners of the club in Delia Smith and MWJ.

End of :)

[/quote]

I sat next to the bigfella at the fans meeting at ''The Andrews''. He is an absolute top man and we chatted about our club, the good and the bad, and to be honest I was disappointed when the meeting started and our chat ended. There were loads of us from this mb there that night, a lot on the same row, and we all played nicely.... even Smudger[:O] I''m not sure why the bigfella is quiet on here lately, maybe he''s busy with something away from the internet, but I''m sure he''ll be back soon. If there ever was a fan on the board looking after our interests we could do worse than him, a lot lot worse.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

I sat next to the bigfella at the fans meeting at ''The Andrews''. He is an absolute top man and we chatted about our club, the good and the bad, and to be honest I was disappointed when the meeting started and our chat ended. There were loads of us from this mb there that night, a lot on the same row, and we all played nicely.... even Smudger[:O] I''m not sure why the bigfella is quiet on here lately, maybe he''s busy with something away from the internet, but I''m sure he''ll be back soon. If there ever was a fan on the board looking after our interests we could do worse than him, a lot lot worse.

[/quote]

Agree 100% nutty [Y]

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agree 100% nutty [Y]

[/quote]

Should''ve added ... he''d never ever qualify for the purists[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agree 100% nutty [Y]

[/quote]

Should''ve added ... he''d never ever qualify for the purists[;)]

[/quote]

Oh do behave . . . [:D]

[quote user="concerned-scouse"]

Hi Canary Fans Liverpool fan here with some questions?

Whatever happened to Norwich City? I have felt the need to join your forum to express my views and find some answers to the possible demise of a proud family club.

Norwich City: One of the last few teams to play proper passing football.

Norwich City: The last team to play in front of the Spion Kop, and a good game of passing football with genuine respect between fans of the beautiful game.

Norwich City: Unexpected passers of the ball in a great european run, with an awesome goal by Goss if i remember.

Norwich City: Genuine rumours on Merseyside of a certain Darren Huckerby joining to replace Patrick Berger, stayed bloody loyal to you guys, Missed a great opportunity for himself for you the fans. Massive respect to him and to you for keeping him. Dumped by that rodent guy. Most fouled player in the league during your premiership season.

Norwich City: Charlton and Southampton can go down, but i read that you still have 25,000 sellouts and that you cant get a season ticket for next year.

Norwich City: On the ball city, never mind the danger (or something like that). The oldest song in football ive read somewhere.

Norwich City: Despite losing out on Europe because of the actions of a few Liverpool louts, I saw 3 of your scarves on the Shankly gates, a different class of fan.

Norwich City: Respected on my part of Merseyside for passing the ball, the way Shankly would enjoy. We loved the 2-0 against Fergies Mancs as well.

Norwich City: For me and my mates, can you tell us what happened to the beautiful game at Carrow Road?

Norwich City: You have some fans in Liverpool that will be praying that results go for you this weekend. You simply do not deserve to go down with your proud history of passing football.

Norwich City: Good Luck this weekend!

[/quote]yay liverpool are alright too! :P

When you read the Big Fella''s post on page 2, there is so much that in hindsight, I am so glad we didn''t do. Just goes to show that football''s a funny old game!

Wow, what a thread. Big Fella''s response was spot on, and maybe Delia read it and learned from it because they went all out to get Paul Lambert on board.

I remember being aghast at the appointments of Grant and Gunn as managers, how could they have been so stupid? With a little luck, and probably learning lessons the hard way too, they got it spectacularly right with the current boss. Well done to them.

And in response to the original poster, see you next season buddy, we''re only bloody well back!!!