Sign in to follow this  
hook norton canary

worthy scouting

yep its a fact that worthy was at portaloo having a look at a striker probably shefi kuqui because villa are reputed to have made a £4m plus bid for darren bent so he is out of the equation.

pablo conuago is on high wages and fat joe would love to get rid of him but i dont think he is good enough for us as he couldn''t hit a barn door with a scud missile miller just dont cut the colemans in my opinion

Yeah - I thought it more likely that he was watching a PNE player as he can get the binners watched easily enough any game.  Etuhu is the most obivious possibility, though they''ve looked a handy side when we played them the last few seasons so there may be others....

...or he could have been there just to remind himself how better life is in the top tier!!!!

very unlikly that worthy is intrested in signing another midfielder in any case etuhu wasnt even in the squad that played against preston last saturday so my bet is that its kuqui this was posted on the binners site:

www.fansfc.com/ipswichfootballclub/news.asp?newsid=131982

Ipswich Town Football Club duo in Canaries link
11:18 November, 1, 2004

Ipswich Town Football Club strikers Shefki Kuqi and Darren Bent have been linked with a shock January move to local rivals Norwich City.

Canaries boss Nigel Worthington was an interested observer on Saturday as both players were on the scoresheet in Ipswich''s 3-0 win over Preston North End.

Worthington is keen to add a striker to his squad in the January transfer window and has money to spend.

Ipswich though will be reluctant to sell either of the players while they are challenging for promotion and last week''s encouraging financial figures mean they are under no pressure to do so.

maybe he felt sorry for ipswich and wanted to give them an opportunity to feel that they are half important

Hi ya Rainbow.. I wouldn''t believe a word posted on that site.. they are famous for taking an article and making 20 stories for it. They are just copying from what others saidHe did play for PNE in the game, and I feel we do need a midfielder, this guy is 6ft 3 perhaps he could be converted into a striker... Has anyone thought that if Francis keeps on grabbing the headlines we could be in danger of getting a offer we can''t afford to turn down

Worthy was there to watch the pre-match entertainment....Mr Sheepslops juggling the clubs finances...

I hope Worthy wasn''t charged double for the entrance fee, so as they could afford to buy young Bowditch some more sweeties....As the Taar''n players wages, are normally big bags of 5 pence pieces (as issued to their creditors instead of the recommended £1 coins.)

Still, if they''re promoted to the Prem, I''m sure they will payback all those who suffered financially, the outstanding monies owed, with huge amounts of interest, for the horrendous inconvenience caused due to the clubs financial mismanagement! 

I would rather bring Darren Beckford back than have Kuqi.

I have read this week of us being linked with Dixon Etuhu.

We have also been linked with Mark De Vries from Hearts.

Everyone knows we want a striker so we are linked with everyone.

Of all the names, I would want Dean Ashton from Crewe.

I have just been on the Crewe website to get his stats.  He has got 62 goals from 134 starts and 31 sub appearances. 

He has averaged one in two in the last season and a bit in the Championship.  Iwan managed less than one in three in the league below the prem, scored 90 odd and that made him a legend.  Ashton is still only 21, has been brought up the right way and would seem to fit.

He hasn''t looked great in the couple of games I have seen him but stats over a long spell don''t lie!

Maybe he just went back to the Fizzy pop league to give him an added incentive to stay away. Remind himself how bad the standard is.

Kuqi????? And people laughed at me when I surgested Kevin Campbell!!!!

So Super shaun Carey Kuqi or Campbell??? I assume your with me on this one???

I still think there''s a good chance that Mrs Worthy wanted to go Christmas shopping with her husband and that this was the only way to get out of it!!!

Kuqi is very much a confidence player, was awful at Sheffield Wednesday, but great when he could be bothered. Have a mate who is Sheff Wed and they could not wait to get rid of the lazy big lump. Personally I think he does not add anything, so I cant see it being him.

Bent is quality, and would be happy to see him come here. At the end of the day, if he comes here and does the business, we will soon forget where he came from.

Cant see Kevin Campbell still, sorry.

Mark Devries (think that is the spelling) at Hearts is a good finisher though, and if he does not go to Leicester, would be a great buy.

[quote]apparently he''s been watching the binners Bent Kuqi Conuago Miller who, to be honest id prefer bent or miller. not to sure bout kuqi or conuago! anybody heard anything else?[/quote]

I''m not going to deny i''d love Bent. 

However, 1) I doubt we''ll spend that much in january anyway, 2) I bet that even if we did come up with an acceptable bid, the scum wouldn''t accept it from us due to fear of a backlash from fans and 3) even if we did stump up the cash, and had it accepted I still don''t think Bent would come from fear of backlash from fans!! 

Shame

The only player worth having from Portaloo rd is Bent and he is beyond our price range and like Bentley is unlikely to do what we need this season anyway.  The only other one could be Tommy Miller  but I dont think we need another average midfielder  

Kuqi  - dont make me larf; I would rather have Iwan back, and thats saying something!

I have always like Arca but guess he must be on big wages at the moment to have not been tempted away from Sunderland already - the bloke is pure class and worth paying bigger wages for next June if we are stil premier league.   However he plays on the left and that is not a part of the side that is desperately needing improving so I would not use our limited funds on him now.

OTBC

[quote]very unlikly that worthy is intrested in signing another midfielder in any case etuhu wasnt even in the squad that played against preston last saturday so my bet is that its kuqui this was posted on...[/quote]

oh my god

just think we might have to take sheepshanks as well as part of the 3 for 2 offer

do we only have to pay 5p in every £1 of their fees though?