Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

The banter between the Barclay and the Snakepit Today...

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

Was very funny! Surprised no barclay-ites have written anything about this!

The Snakepit is back to it''s best [;)]

[/quote]yeah - got the crowd going - when it was quiet...banter was better - and more varied than the usual tedious ''we''re the snakepit'' and ''we''re the barclay'' chants...thought overall - quality of chants and singing was more varied than usual - and made for a change - than the normal ''yella army'' dirge...

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]anything good or just the usual unimaginitive stuff?[/quote]best bit was when a lower barclay yuff - stood up and gave some to the snakepit - they answered ''does your mother know you''re here?'' - the kid then ''conducted'' the snakepit, and sat down...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]anything good or just the usual unimaginitive stuff?[/quote]best bit was when a lower barclay yuff - stood up and gave some to the snakepit - they answered ''does your mother know you''re here?'' - the kid then ''conducted'' the snakepit, and sat down... [/quote]In the Jarroldstand where I sit we all thought the banter and the bit you mention was absolutely hilarious. Give me the barclay over the snakepit [:)]

I''ve sat in both the Barclay and Snakepit and now I sit in the Snakepit, I don''t think I would want to sit anywhere else at Carrow Road. A few characters make it very entertaining. Plus I like the fact that because there are only around 500 people in the Snakepit, compared to the 6000 off that sit in the Barclay, we can still hold our own against you guys! 

[quote user="Old Boy"]Snakepit 1 - 0 Barclay this time. And I sit in the Barclay...

Well done the Snakepit

[/quote]

no question, the snakepit were LOUD today, but most shocking thing of all was when the sounds of  some chanting drifted over from THE RIVER END!

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="Old Boy"]Snakepit 1 - 0 Barclay this time. And I sit in the Barclay...Well done the Snakepit[/quote]

no question, the snakepit were LOUD today, but most shocking thing of all was when the sounds of  some chanting drifted over from THE RIVER END!

[/quote]nah - more like an echo back from the barclay i''d say!!![:P]

The Jarrold Block H boys are getting louder, but that area is mainly made up of one-off ticket buyers, rather than season ticket holders, so it will differ from game to game.

credit to the snakepit boys today,they were on top form.and picked up the crowd when it started getting quiet,definatley 1 - 0 to you boys today,but we are untitled to an off day after carrying the can for the most of the season !

You''ll never beat the Snakepit!

We just couldn''t get the Barclay to bite today though, they really didn''t want to sing.

Snakepit was a great place to be yesterday - good times to be had by all!On a slightly different topic, did anyone else notice that when they paraded the "distant travellers" around the pitch at half-time, there were no "Yarmouth Yellows" this year?Maybe they were all kicked out before the game started for persistant standing in the car park or something?