Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

'Give pattison a ring we need him now' ... Opps!

Its no Secret that I have posted a lot about the disapearance of this player.

Why was he left out, why has he been snubbed, much like Lappin, its all a bit stupid and something NCFC with its small squad can not afford to have as part of their squad policy. (speak out, and your out mate?)

The Pattison argument for me is just plain stupid, an Ex-prem player all be it fringe player who scores 3 in 4 games, shows his forward movement well and scores against the scum can''t get on the bench let alone the team.

I recently had a tour of the ground, and visited the home changing rooms where I saw that Pattisons Shirt wasn''t even hanging up on the wall, I just stood there and shook my head in disbelief still.

ANYWAY ...

I can here Gunn now in the back room with Crooky and Butterworth, "Give Pattison a ring we need him now, cancel that loan deal, with RUSTY and HOOLIHAN out we have no midfield left"

Perhaps BOTH the Norwich Gunn rejects might start aganist the Brum? Who knows?

Went both home games, thought we played well, still room for improvment but far better than the Coventry and Blacpool afairs!

I just hope that if Pattison does play for City again, he does''nt show me and NCFC up with a cr*p display. I hope he has a blinder!

Cheers All

[quote user="singing canary"]maybe gunn realises he was one of roeders blunders..[/quote]

This sort of quote makes me so angry! Why is he a blunder? He was discribed as a Hucks replacement in his first game, was a sensation during his loan period. Ok his form dropped a bit after he was signed, but at this level he makes a great addition to the NCFC squad. I''ve seen this all before with Andy Hughes, shows passio for the club and is booted into touch never to be seen again. Skill helps but a lions heart and passion (like Croft) can go a long way. If only Etuhu, D Francis, and others had this passion, it may have been so different.

Cheers for the reply

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

[quote user="singing canary"]maybe gunn realises he was one of roeders blunders..[/quote]

This sort of quote makes me so angry! Why is he a blunder? He was discribed as a Hucks replacement in his first game, was a sensation during his loan period. Ok his form dropped a bit after he was signed, but at this level he makes a great addition to the NCFC squad. I''ve seen this all before with Andy Hughes, shows passio for the club and is booted into touch never to be seen again. Skill helps but a lions heart and passion (like Croft) can go a long way. If only Etuhu, D Francis, and others had this passion, it may have been so different.

Cheers for the reply

[/quote]

Pattison has improved a lot this season, and is a real goal threat from midfield. Has as good an engine as Russell, but about 10 times the footballing intelligence. He was actually one of Roeder''s better signings in my view and could do a good job for us, particularly as he now has forwards with ability to play off instead of Cureton.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="koimatsuba"]

Cheers for the reply

[/quote]

Pattison has improved a lot this season, and is a real goal threat from midfield. Has as good an engine as Russell, but about 10 times the footballing intelligence. He was actually one of Roeder''s better signings in my view and could do a good job for us, particularly as he now has forwards with ability to play off instead of Cureton.

[/quote]

Agree. The heart of Hughes but with far better ability. A player who is probably greater than the sum of his parts for what he brings to the team in terms of galvanising and driving play.

I think it''s very much down to being "Roeder''s pet". I think the lad is a throwing a hissy fit after his mentor was shown the door. IMHO of course.

[quote user="Mange Tout"]I think it''s very much down to being "Roeder''s pet". I think the lad is a throwing a hissy fit after his mentor was shown the door. IMHO of course.[/quote]

Unfortunately, as much as I rate Pattison, that is what I''ve heard as well.

"Can''t we all just, get along"???

[quote user="Mange Tout"]I think it''s very much down to being "Roeder''s pet". I think the lad is a throwing a hissy fit after his mentor was shown the door. IMHO of course.[/quote]Agreed, I think it''s more off the pitch activity that''s keeping him out of Gunn''s plans.

It amazes me,when he was playing people were calling him Roeders pet but now he''s not and he''s the best thing since sliced bread,much the same as Lappin,short memories some people.

[quote user="Victor Segura"]It amazes me,when he was playing people were calling him Roeders pet but now he''s not and he''s the best thing since sliced bread,much the same as Lappin,short memories some people.[/quote]Short memories - goal against the scum? Blistering left foot? And still only 22/23?No I think that you seem to forget he gets into the box and tries to add threat from midfield where as some of our other midfielders are either lucky to get anywhere near the box or seem to hit some sort of "wall" when they do. Plymouth was a good example of this with Gow and Mooney willing to play the channels we lacked other bodies getting in on the end of a ball into the box. We need the winger from the other side coming in and a late run / surge from a midfielder Lampard style. Instead we had one or two players at most.Had we had had someone with a little more of Pattisons thrust we may have scored more. Also don''t forget that he was one of the ever-present players in the 13 game unbeaten run.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Victor Segura"]It amazes me,when he was playing people were calling him Roeders pet but now he''s not and he''s the best thing since sliced bread,much the same as Lappin,short memories some people.[/quote]

Short memories - goal against the scum? Blistering left foot? And still only 22/23?

No I think that you seem to forget he gets into the box and tries to add threat from midfield where as some of our other midfielders are either lucky to get anywhere near the box or seem to hit some sort of "wall" when they do. Plymouth was a good example of this with Gow and Mooney willing to play the channels we lacked other bodies getting in on the end of a ball into the box. We need the winger from the other side coming in and a late run / surge from a midfielder Lampard style. Instead we had one or two players at most.

Had we had had someone with a little more of Pattisons thrust we may have scored more. Also don''t forget that he was one of the ever-present players in the 13 game unbeaten run.
[/quote]

At Last some (more than two) people who agree with me regarding Pattison, WHY WHY WHY is he being shown the door?

NCFC have no money, they have too many loan players, we can''t buy quality so why push a Championship/Fringe Prem Player out the door? Its Just F**King Crazy!!!!!

Oh well, theres nothing I can do! Perhaps someone at the club may read this and realise that Pattison is an assett not a liabilty. I just hope Pattisons downfall is not down to himself with an attitude.

Cheers for the replies, good to read.

Maybe he''s turning up at Colney on Sundays again? Hic.

Or

There''s only room for 16 in the matchday squad?

And

If all the pros threw a hissy fit because they are not named in the 16 on matchdays what would be the result................................................?

Thus

He should buckle down and show his worth to Team Gunn daily in training

Because

He''s being paid a fair whack during a recession to do a job that millions dream of.

Bottom line.

If he''s throwing a hissy fit he''s on weak grounds I''d say. For his sake I suggest he gets on board.

Hic.

Another pint there gaffer.

Dear oh dear.

Hic.

OTBC

Well, if the present management team thinks Roeder let Matty P off lightly after drink driving, perhaps (only suggesting) Gunn thinks he should punish him by getting shot.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Victor Segura"]It amazes me,when he was playing people were calling him Roeders pet but now he''s not and he''s the best thing since sliced bread,much the same as Lappin,short memories some people.[/quote]

Short memories - goal against the scum? Blistering left foot? And still only 22/23?

No I think that you seem to forget he gets into the box and tries to add threat from midfield where as some of our other midfielders are either lucky to get anywhere near the box or seem to hit some sort of "wall" when they do. Plymouth was a good example of this with Gow and Mooney willing to play the channels we lacked other bodies getting in on the end of a ball into the box. We need the winger from the other side coming in and a late run / surge from a midfielder Lampard style. Instead we had one or two players at most.

Had we had had someone with a little more of Pattisons thrust we may have scored more. Also don''t forget that he was one of the ever-present players in the 13 game unbeaten run.
[/quote]

At Last some (more than two) people who agree with me regarding Pattison, WHY WHY WHY is he being shown the door?

NCFC have no money, they have too many loan players, we can''t buy quality so why push a Championship/Fringe Prem Player out the door? Its Just F**King Crazy!!!!!

Oh well, theres nothing I can do! Perhaps someone at the club may read this and realise that Pattison is an assett not a liabilty. I just hope Pattisons downfall is not down to himself with an attitude.

Cheers for the replies, good to read.

[/quote]

WHY WHY WHY do you insist on writing as if this was" points of view "?  Also ........Fringe premiership player??????????????? You are having a laugh !!!!

i have to say im in agreement with a lot of this thread. The main problen here is again this yellow and green nonsense. We cut Russell enormous amounts of slack because hes one of "our" boys.....

well lets think about this without yellow and green specs.....

Russell IMHO is indicative of a lot of modern footballers.....he is a tremendous athlete yet has a very very poor footballing brain. I dont think i have ever seen him play someone in behind the back four, inch perfect. He rarely turns up in the box unmarked to finish moves off (as an attacking midfielder should!) and his discipline needs a little work too shall we say!!

Now if you lay him next to Pattison (lets face it hes no Lampard either) and look at their strengths and what they can bring to the team it becomes obvious who the better choice is (although of course we dont see their attitudes in training or their rapport with team mates).;....

Pattison vs russell:

Tackling ability : Matty P

PAssing range: Matty P

Goal scoring threat: Matty P

Reading of the game : Matty P

Ability to run all game : Russell

Drive to pick the game up by the scruff of the neck: Matty P (just)

Russell does have drive and determination but if the side isnt playing well as a unit i would put my house on matty p getting into them and picking the midfield battle up instead of russell.

I know it seems im being a bit harsh on darel...and i have met the bloke a few times out in norwich and hes a very nice guy.....

but...for a balanced midfield 4 it has to be croft on right, clingan holding midfielder,patty centre/attaking mid, and hools or carney on left.

the final point which i guess will seem very unfair on darel is to think of what our team achieved with him in it in his first spell....not a lot!

HE left and we had a far better balance to the midfield.......

Lets think...... Russell or Francis for example? I really do think that a happy Pattison given a run of games has the potential to become our new Francis ( a player we still havent found a true replacement for), and nice bloke and decent squad player as he is.....russell will never be that player.

[quote user="6088m canary"]

i have to say im in agreement with a lot of this thread. The main problen here is again this yellow and green nonsense. We cut Russell enormous amounts of slack because hes one of "our" boys.....

Russell IMHO is indicative of a lot of modern footballers.....he is a tremendous athlete yet has a very very poor footballing brain. I dont think i have ever seen him play someone in behind the back four, inch perfect. He rarely turns up in the box unmarked to finish moves off (as an attacking midfielder should!) and his discipline needs a little work too shall we say!!

Now if you lay him next to Pattison (lets face it hes no Lampard either) and look at their strengths and what they can bring to the team it becomes obvious who the better choice is (although of course we dont see their attitudes in training or their rapport with team mates).;....

Pattison vs russell:

Russell does have drive and determination but if the side isnt playing well as a unit i would put my house on matty p getting into them and picking the midfield battle up instead of russell.

I know it seems im being a bit harsh on darel...and i have met the bloke a few times out in norwich and hes a very nice guy.....

but...for a balanced midfield 4 it has to be croft on right, clingan holding midfielder,patty centre/attaking mid, and hools or carney on left.

the final point which i guess will seem very unfair on darel is to think of what our team achieved with him in it in his first spell....not a lot!

Lets think...... Russell or Francis for example? I really do think that a happy Pattison given a run of games has the potential to become our new Francis ( a player we still havent found a true replacement for), and nice bloke and decent squad player as he is.....russell will never be that player.

[/quote]

100% agree. Good post.

ANYWAY ...

I can here Gunn now in the back room with Crooky and Butterworth, "Give Pattison a ring we need him now, cancel that loan deal, with RUSTY and HOOLIHAN out we have no midfield left"

[/quote]

This is a joke, right?

I can''t believe that Pattison doesn''t get more respect from Gunn. He''s a player this club needs in the squad now. OK his form hasn''t been the best but he''s still an good player to have in the squad when you''re battling the drop. Give him a go Gunn... show him some respect!

Fully agree with you mate, excellent post. But do  you think that  Matty doesn''t play bcause he was brought by GR, or for some bad behaviour outside the pitch?

[quote user="6088m canary"]

Pattison vs russell:

[/quote]

Fully agree with you mate, excellent post indeed. But do  you think that  Matty doesn''t play bcause he was brought by GR, or for some bad behaviour outside the pitch?

[quote user="Aurelius"]Fully agree with you mate, excellent post.
But do  you think that  Matty doesn''t play bcause he was brought by GR, or for some bad behaviour outside the pitch?
[/quote]

Not sure, he''s a good enough player for NCFC by a mile, yet he''s not even on the bench. Its ethier:

1. His attiude towards Gunn and the other management staff

2. They don''t like Patty, because of something hes done after being dropped or said.

3. He was a Glenn Roeder Signing which may have a reflection, perhaps Gunn feels NCFC have some more NCFC legends like Russel and Cureton rather than Patty? I don''t know?

In the end of the day he should be at least on the bench to add that diff option to midfield. At the moment its just plain stupid.

Cheers

It''s interesting, was just thinking back to the Ipswich game. Pattison and Clingan seemed to work so well that day, I remember people thinking we had found our first choice central mid partnership.

Obviously we then had some awful results, like Watford away, where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. And Reading away, where Roeder worked out how to fit Clingan, Pattison, Fotheringham and Russell into the same starting XI....

....by playing no strikers!

Russell has obviously played a part in some big wins recently, it''s hard to know who would consistently be best over a season but Pattison does seem the obvious replacement now, if his mind is still focussed on this club. He would also be solid at a big game away from home (Birmingham), so Gunny needs to smooth over the cracks and sort this one out pronto (buying him a drink would be a good start).

I don''t think it can be at all possible he''s been dropped because he''s a Roeder player. Gunn actually liked Roeder and is said to have gotten on with him well, so why this would be considered I don''t know. Gunn is a fair fellow and surely Pattison''s attitude is to blame. On his day he can be a very effective player as the Ipswich example suggests. There are certain players recently who''s attitude leaves a lot to be desired and to me all the evidence points to Pattison being in that bracket.