Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Protesting outside the ground?

[quote user="Lewie Roeders revolution"]The roeder out protest worked so lets try a protest after the cardiff game![/quote]Yes it worked a treat, that''s why we are so successful now!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Well said Andy, that''s entirely the reason I put the question to Doncaster and Munby, I needed to hear them say that they had no plans for the future, no ideas as to improve things. Munby laughed off my points on having long term plans, and said flippantly that they didn''t plan that long ahead (in answering my question as to whether they had 2, 5 or 10 year plans). I am more than worried about the future for our club, there''s little in my opinion that can be done (under the control of this board) to rectify the present and we are going down to the Third Division with the club in turmoil, the fans divided and in some cases fighting in the stands amongst themselves. I certainly don''t want to protest again, and I was looking to the board to provide some realistic ideas for the future. Is it they don''t see themselves providing that future for NCFC or simply that they don''t have a clue.[/quote]

I''ll tell you this Gazza, after 52 years of active support, its finished me, both spirtually and finanially.

Best of luck with you fight.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Lewie Roeders revolution"]The roeder out protest worked so lets try a protest after the cardiff game!
[/quote]

Yes it worked a treat, that''s why we are so successful now!
[/quote]

problem is if we win there no one will turn up - if we lose half the ground might be there!!

[quote user="Smudger"]I honestly do not think it ws anywhere near as bad as many City fans paint that day to be Andy.

I was there in the thick of it and had the agility to run the police, their horses and their dogs a merry dance.

Maybe 15yrs or so older now... I will be a little too slow for them?

Still prepared to give it a go though... [;)]

[/quote]I can only call it as I remember it tbh… I seemed to always be front and centre (probably because I''ve got a big gob!) as each protest went off… and the final hurrah (Villa wasn''t it?) I was caught well and truly in the thick of it and had nowhere to run. Video evidence that was shown in court had me dressed somewhat similar to a Hezbollah rock chucker (think Yasser Arafat headgear with Ray-Bans etc – although I have no idea where I got that from, as I didn''t turn up dressed that way)… and worryingly balancing a humungous breast on each shoulder!So when the Met made their charge I was somewhat distracted - both by the mammaries and the yards of Arab headress – and I didn''t even get the chance to run.What I did get was some huge bumps on my head (thanks to the Met, not the local plod) and I was trussed up like a turkey at Christmas along with how many others they could squeeze into the Transit. I had blood all over my face and was four hours in the cells before I got a chance to clean up and speak to my solicitor.Now, for me, that was all very traumatic and nothing like I expected it to be. I wasn''t a kid by any stretch of the imagination (26 or 27) but the level of violence that was meeted out when I was nabbed was shocking.I guess its fair to say that one person''s trauma is another person''s giggle, but it needs saying that it can very quickly get nasty when these things kick off. As an older and wiser person now, I''m simply giving the young bucks a ''heads-up'' as to the potential outcome.Although looking back… with the mammaries etc, maybe it wasn''t so bad after all! [:$]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Is it they don''t see themselves providing that future for NCFC or simply that they don''t have a clue.[/quote]I think its both those points G

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Smudger"]I honestly do not think it ws anywhere near as bad as many City fans paint that day to be Andy.

I was there in the thick of it and had the agility to run the police, their horses and their dogs a merry dance.

Maybe 15yrs or so older now... I will be a little too slow for them?

Still prepared to give it a go though... [;)]

[/quote]

I can only call it as I remember it tbh… I seemed to always be front and centre (probably because I''ve got a big gob!) as each protest went off… and the final hurrah (Villa wasn''t it?) I was caught well and truly in the thick of it and had nowhere to run.

Video evidence that was shown in court had me dressed somewhat similar to a Hezbollah rock chucker (think Yasser Arafat headgear with Ray-Bans etc – although I have no idea where I got that from, as I didn''t turn up dressed that way)… and worryingly balancing a humungous breast on each shoulder!

So when the Met made their charge I was somewhat distracted - both by the mammaries and the yards of Arab headress – and I didn''t even get the chance to run.

What I did get was some huge bumps on my head (thanks to the Met, not the local plod) and I was trussed up like a turkey at Christmas along with how many others they could squeeze into the Transit. I had blood all over my face and was four hours in the cells before I got a chance to clean up and speak to my solicitor.

Now, for me, that was all very traumatic and nothing like I expected it to be. I wasn''t a kid by any stretch of the imagination (26 or 27) but the level of violence that was meeted out when I was nabbed was shocking.

I guess its fair to say that one person''s trauma is another person''s giggle, but it needs saying that it can very quickly get nasty when these things kick off. As an older and wiser person now, I''m simply giving the young bucks a ''heads-up'' as to the potential outcome.

Although looking back… with the mammaries etc, maybe it wasn''t so bad after all! [:$]
[/quote]

Truthful answer Andy, with the benefit of hindsight, was it worth it?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Well said Andy, that''s entirely the reason I put the question to Doncaster and Munby, I needed to hear them say that they had no plans for the future, no ideas as to improve things. Munby laughed off my points on having long term plans, and said flippantly that they didn''t plan that long ahead (in answering my question as to whether they had 2, 5 or 10 year plans).

I am more than worried about the future for our club, there''s little in my opinion that can be done (under the control of this board) to rectify the present and we are going down to the Third Division with the club in turmoil, the fans divided and in some cases fighting in the stands amongst themselves.

I certainly don''t want to protest again, and I was looking to the board to provide some realistic ideas for the future. Is it they don''t see themselves providing that future for NCFC or simply that they don''t have a clue.[/quote]I really can''t believe that these supposed successful and "intelligent" (your words Roger) business people do not have a plan for the future of the club. So is it a lie or are they really that far out of their depth?

[quote user="glove1"]oh and an interesting point - all midweek games are ''police free'' at the moment (saving costs AGAIN), even the roeder protest the police only turned up after about 15 minutes.....[/quote]That''s only because somebody called them worrying their cars might get wrecked [;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]Truthful answer Andy, with the benefit of hindsight, was it worth it?[/quote]But I don''t think hindsight ever allows for a truthful answer to anything Mr B, it simply allows you to make a reasoned judgment on what you know NOW! The real truth is that my actions back then were as a result of the situation we found ourselves in at that time. I did not have the ability to look into the future.And I''m not going down the route that I think the times were better under Chase as I''ve just posted elsewhere the reasons behind my actions then, and why I still won''t forgive him!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"] lol it was an understatement, but how can you put into words what we experienced?  I don''t think you can TBH.[/quote]

No, you''re right, you can''t. I was merely trying to add a sense of realism, so that people understand just what they''re getting in to. I remember standing on Carrow Road, as horses were charging directly at me, thinking "I wish I''d listened to my Dad". I was not in any way prepared for either the force that police officers were prepared to use or the behaviour of people that were quite obviously of a different opinion. I shat myself if I''m honest… [:$]
[/quote]

lol I don''t think you were alone in shatting yourself, there were lots of fans in the same boat.

I''m not scared of police horses, in fact any horses, been around them since I was old enough to toddle, but they can be pretty intimidating to people who aren''t used to them.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"] lol it was an understatement, but how can you put into words what we experienced?  I don''t think you can TBH.[/quote]No, you''re right, you can''t. I was merely trying to add a sense of realism, so that people understand just what they''re getting in to. I remember standing on Carrow Road, as horses were charging directly at me, thinking "I wish I''d listened to my Dad". I was not in any way prepared for either the force that police officers were prepared to use or the behaviour of people that were quite obviously of a different opinion. I shat myself if I''m honest… [:$][/quote]

lol I don''t think you were alone in shatting yourself, there were lots of fans in the same boat.

I''m not scared of police horses, in fact any horses, been around them since I was old enough to toddle, but they can be pretty intimidating to people who aren''t used to them.[/quote]

I''m good with horses too WAY, my sis has had them since she was a nipper and I have always loved them. I got charged with ''behaviour likley to cause a riot'' AND striking a police horse!!! I made it quite clear to the magistrate that I would never hit a horse… the rider was a different matter.

No, what made me soil myself (figuratively speaking) was the truncheon wielding that was going on. No wonder the miners hated the bas*ards![:@]

Andy, i was one of the on-the-pitch sit down protesters at the Villa game but got lucky and managed to get out between the Barclay and South stand- i believe everyone else was arrested.  The police tried to charge one of my mates with making "Nazi salutes" on the pitch (I`m sure you remember the general arm movements when chanting "Chase out"!), you really couldn`t make it up.....

There were some PC`s there whose general approach seemed to be that we were animals to be rounded up, and provoked in any way possible.  I had my hand deliberately stamped on whilst sitting in the road (I saw him look down and move his boot toward my hand) by a friendly PC and another mate had a boot rake down the back of his leg from knee to achilles.  Luckily we were bright enough not to give them the reaction they were obviously looking for....

All this, the accounts of others on here, and the fact that a good number of idiot yokels wanted to punch and spit at us (although i didn`t see any complaints anywhere when Watling, then Delia took over thanks to our efforts) probably give an indication why some of us- older and calmer now- don`t particularly want to go through all that again.  I also know that if anyone spat in my face the consequences would be very serious for both parties.

I don`t regret it at all.  If i`m honest, looking back there is an element of "arrogance of youth" about it, and there are also elements of the club which we took for granted which in hindsight you have to give Chase credit for (canny scouting policy and an ability to spot a good manager).  But let`s not forget that this was the man who seriously stated that we "have a catchment area of 120,000 people", that we "can never average over 20,000 supporters" and whose sole ambition for the club was to be an East-coast Crewe- he even touted the possibility of us being an official feeder club for one of the big clubs.

But fundamentally i don`t think much has changed.  We are still little norwich (despite season-ticket numbers all bar about 10 clubs in the country would kill for), we still chose largely cosmetic but expensive stadium and training ground improvements when we had the chance to be ambitious on the pitch.  We still tie millions up for years in land speculation.  And we still have a fan-base for whom being nice is more important than being competent and effective, and playing nice football is more important than winning.  I suppose the reason why i was so pro-Cullum (maybe naively), was that at last i could see an opportunity for a real change in approach at the club- more hard-headed, driven and ambitious.

Without a very different type of board in place i think it is inevitable that the wooly-thinking, complacency and denial will continue- and despite what i have written above, once i finish work on Tuesday i might just find myself walking down to the ground in time for the final whistle.......

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"] lol it was an understatement, but how can you put into words what we experienced?  I don''t think you can TBH.[/quote]

No, you''re right, you can''t. I was merely trying to add a sense of realism, so that people understand just what they''re getting in to. I remember standing on Carrow Road, as horses were charging directly at me, thinking "I wish I''d listened to my Dad". I was not in any way prepared for either the force that police officers were prepared to use or the behaviour of people that were quite obviously of a different opinion. I shat myself if I''m honest… [:$]
[/quote]

I''m not scared of police horses, in fact any horses, been around them since I was old enough to toddle, but they can be pretty intimidating to people who aren''t used to them.[/quote]

I''m good with horses too WAY, my sis has had them since she was a nipper and I have always loved them. I got charged with ''behaviour likley to cause a riot'' AND striking a police horse!!! I made it quite clear to the magistrate that I would never hit a horse… the rider was a different matter.

No, what made me soil myself (figuratively speaking) was the truncheon wielding that was going on. No wonder the miners hated the bas*ards![:@]

[/quote]

I understand where you are coming from, but I am married to an Ex-bobby, he''s a good-un though and being a City fan would never turn on one, there are good and bad plods.

I was punched in the stomach by a bobby and then hit by a side arm (batton/truncheon) at those protests, but was very luckily protected then by a group of male supporters who thought the 6ft something policeman was being slightly unfair towards a 5ft 4 woman.  Thank god for those or I think it might have been a lot worse.

You had it pretty rough by all accounts, and I think as we are older and a bit wiser we might take a more guarded view of things.

I''m a very vocal woman, and I fight like a man, but all I had was a scarf and a programme lol.

Pleased to say that the plods I saw were not Norfolk Constabulary.

Why are we talking and worrying so much about what happened in the Chase demos ?, and thinking they could happen again ? For crying out loud we havn''t even even started a chorus of sack the board or Delia out yet after we loose the next home game yet!.Did we see any policemen on horse backs, batons swinging in the  vocal but peaceful Worthy out demos!.Lets just have that type of demonstration, with maybe some banners unfurled at certain times during the match. That''s the best way within the law, no one is going to get a lifetime ban or be arrested. We will be sending a clear message to this board, and as others have said on here it might speed up the process of them looking to hand over the reigns of our football club to someone who can do a better job. Before anyone get on there high horse and say there is no sugar daddy waiting to buy the club most of us know that!, but it is our duty to let the likes of Smith Jones & Doncaster etc know that we think their tenure should end sooner rather than later.

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]Lets just have that type of demonstration, with maybe some banners unfurled at certain times during the match. That''s the best way within the law, no one is going to get a lifetime ban or be arrested. We will be sending a clear message to this board, and as others have said on here it might speed up the process of them looking to hand over the reigns of our football club to someone who can do a better job.

[/quote]

So has anyone got any banners ready for Tuesday, can''t see anyone in the City Stand helping me hold one up [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]Lets just have that type of demonstration, with maybe some banners unfurled at certain times during the match. That''s the best way within the law, no one is going to get a lifetime ban or be arrested. We will be sending a clear message to this board, and as others have said on here it might speed up the process of them looking to hand over the reigns of our football club to someone who can do a better job.

[/quote]

So has anyone got any banners ready for Tuesday, can''t see anyone in the City Stand helping me hold one up [:)]

[/quote]

H&S will be quoted why you can''t take them in the ground CA, worth a try but I suspect they will be taken off you.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

H&S will be quoted why you can''t take them in the ground CA, worth a try but I suspect they will be taken off you.

[/quote]

They don''t take anything of you when you go in the City Stand, they don''t even check our season tickets sometimes [:)]

Not that I have had time to make a banner yet I hasten to add [:)]

Was hoping to meet you at the meeting the other night, were you there?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve got 2 landscape A4''s - One says ''BOARD OUT'' and the other says ''SACK THE BOARD''.

Not setting the world on fire I know BUT if everyone wants to print their own I''m sure holding them up with a few choruses of ''Sack the board'' will have Mumbles rushing to shut the blinds upstairs like he did when myself and several others we singing ''We want Roeder out''

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"] lol it was an understatement, but how can you put into words what we experienced?  I don''t think you can TBH.[/quote]No, you''re right, you can''t. I was merely trying to add a sense of realism, so that people understand just what they''re getting in to. I remember standing on Carrow Road, as horses were charging directly at me, thinking "I wish I''d listened to my Dad". I was not in any way prepared for either the force that police officers were prepared to use or the behaviour of people that were quite obviously of a different opinion. I shat myself if I''m honest… [:$][/quote]Agreed, it''s something else having a road full of horses coming at you at full tilt. I never thought they''d do it until they did! Even the local coppers looked shocked as those lovely boys from the Met did Chase''s dirty work. Scary stuff. Changed my view of the police, ''cos they didn''t give a toss who got hurt and Carrow rd was full of peacefully protesting fans of all ages. I knew nothing of any organisation, it just built up and then exploded.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]Lets just have that type of demonstration, with maybe some banners unfurled at certain times during the match. That''s the best way within the law, no one is going to get a lifetime ban or be arrested. We will be sending a clear message to this board, and as others have said on here it might speed up the process of them looking to hand over the reigns of our football club to someone who can do a better job. [/quote]

[/quote]delia might - how close are you too her???lol,,,

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

They don''t take anything of you when you go in the City Stand, they don''t even check our season tickets sometimes [:)]

Not that I have had time to make a banner yet I hasten to add [:)]

Was hoping to meet you at the meeting the other night, were you there?

[/quote]

lol well you can try I guess.

Sadly I wasn''t I started to come down with that cold virus Tuesday when I woke up, coughing and spluttering and feeling generally sh****y, so I wasn''t going to spread my germs around to everyone else.  Still not 100% sure if I will be well enough tomorrow night, but here''s hoping.

Protesting will not help at this stage of the season. Get behind the team until the end of the season and then protest for the board to go. Until the end of the season,let''s give it a real effort of trying to stay up.

Come on you yellows

It is absurd to compare Chase with the current Board, Chase was rightly ousted by folk like myself, whereas the current Board unquestionably have the right aims and values, but have also clearly lost their way. It is nothing to do with ''Little Norwich'',  ''woolly thinking'' or being in denial, as most of us fans fully recognise the limitations of how far a medium/small provincial team will get in the current climate. It seems rather obvious that the top Clubs are going to stay top, and that these Clubs come from London, Manchester, Birmingham, and Liverpool. Of course we can and probably will improve, but this will take time, and it has something to do with Managers/Trainers, and continuity in the Board Room, plus a realistic strategy.

[quote user="corbs"]It is absurd to compare Chase with the current Board, Chase was rightly ousted by folk like myself, whereas the current Board unquestionably have the right aims and values, but have also clearly lost their way. It is nothing to do with ''Little Norwich'',  ''woolly thinking'' or being in denial, as most of us fans fully recognise the limitations of how far a medium/small provincial team will get in the current climate. It seems rather obvious that the top Clubs are going to stay top, and that these Clubs come from London, Manchester, Birmingham, and Liverpool. Of course we can and probably will improve, but this will take time, and it has something to do with Managers/Trainers, and continuity in the Board Room, plus a realistic strategy.[/quote]

It isn`t absurd at all.  They are following exactly the same infrastructure/land speculation before the team policy which lead to Chase`s demise, just with "nicer" PR.  Hardly surprising when you consider chairman Munby was appointed to the club by Chase is it?