Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Cureton annoys me

such a good forward, just can''t do the simple finishes, it ain''t just a blip either, it''s been the same for a year and a half!

yeah he''s an enigma. Hopefully the pressure will be off if he doesn''t start for a while and can play super sub.

I feel sorry for Jamie, he wants to succeed but its all too much for him.

Shame because he''s a nice lad but he won''t get many more chances.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]such a good forward, just can''t do the simple finishes, it ain''t just a blip either, it''s been the same for a year and a half!
[/quote]And you annoy me jimmy smith so stop posting

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Great way to support a player. All strikers miss chances. Lets enjoy this point and stop getting on players back.[/quote]

But not for 18 months.

Come in Jamie, your time is up.

Cureton is a good player and a good striker, but hasn''t had a decent run since he signed back for us

football is a competitive game so i wouldn''t be sad to see him dropped until he can prove himself again, but it''s not time for him to quit, no way. football fans are a little too fickle (i like how Cort is suddenly a hero)

I''ve put Cureton''s stats on the ''new heroes'' thread, but last season has was ok from a goal ratio perspective, although he tends to score in 2''s or 3''s meaning that although he may end the season with 12+ goals, he''s actually only scored in 5 or 6 of the 20+ games he''s played in.This season is his worst ever, currently working on a worse than a goal every 5 games at the minute.He HAS to be dropped, and I don''t mind if it''s for Killen, Gow or McDonald tbh...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]such a good forward, just can''t do the simple finishes, it ain''t just a blip either, it''s been the same for a year and a half!
[/quote]

I''m backing Jamie. I think he''ll benefit from Killen and Corts being fit. Think he just needs his confidence back. He''ll be fine against Bristol. C''mon Jamie!

[quote user="king canary"]What do you mean hasnt had a decent run? He was our main striker most of last season?
[/quote]

what i mean is decent run of goal scoring - sometimes even the best strikers in the world find it harder to score the longer they go without scoring. doesn''t help when you play with a different strike partner every game.

Jamie started a run of goals towards end of last season but it was a bit too late. he scored 14 goals in total last yr which isn''t brilliant but better than our other strikers. (tho i admit Super Ched would have surpassed this had he been here all season)

[quote user="ricardo"]

I feel sorry for Jamie, he wants to succeed but its all too much for him.

Shame because he''s a nice lad but he won''t get many more chances.

[/quote]

I think you''ve hit the nail on the head, Jamie wants to do well for us so badly that i think it actually affects his composure. he seems to snatch at chances when he needs to be composed and calm. It''s a shame to see someone who has such a passion for the club not able to deliver.

[/quote]

What annoys me is yet another JC thread, whats the point?