Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

WHO WILL GUNNY SIGN????

I would assume Gunny still has the same list of players as he had last week when he was Head Scout, has more money been made available than last week?

Aside from a possible  import from down under it will surely be the usual suspects.

We don''t need to worry about bringing in a lot of new talent.  Gunn needs to focus on getting the right players on the field, something his 2 predecessors were consistantly hopeless at.  Worry about new players in the summer when there is time for it. Don''t make rash decisions that may cost the club money for little or no return.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]We don''t need to worry about bringing in a lot of new talent.  Gunn needs to focus on getting the right players on the field, something his 2 predecessors were consistantly hopeless at.  Worry about new players in the summer when there is time for it. Don''t make rash decisions that may cost the club money for little or no return.[/quote]Agreed - but we DO need a striker - and a CB IMO.

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="Houston Canary"]We don''t need to worry about bringing in a lot of new talent.  Gunn needs to focus on getting the right players on the field, something his 2 predecessors were consistantly hopeless at.  Worry about new players in the summer when there is time for it. Don''t make rash decisions that may cost the club money for little or no return.[/quote]

Agreed - but we DO need a striker - and a CB IMO.
[/quote]

One target man and one centre back and we''re away.[;)]

I''m confident that they will do the job, someone said that the key to being a good manager is man management more so knowledge on tactics. All 3 will have good skills at football but more so they will inspire confidence in the team.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]We don''t need to worry about bringing in a lot of new talent.  Gunn needs to focus on getting the right players on the field, something his 2 predecessors were consistantly hopeless at.  Worry about new players in the summer when there is time for it. Don''t make rash decisions that may cost the club money for little or no return.[/quote]IMO WE NEED A STRIKER AND DEFENDER..with these added we wil beat the drop...without it will be a struggle(still think we will tho) OTBC

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="Houston Canary"]We don''t need to worry about bringing in a lot of new talent.  Gunn needs to focus on getting the right players on the field, something his 2 predecessors were consistantly hopeless at.  Worry about new players in the summer when there is time for it. Don''t make rash decisions that may cost the club money for little or no return.[/quote]

Agreed - but we DO need a striker - and a CB IMO.
[/quote]

One target man and one centre back and we''re away.[;)]

[/quote]beat me to it..lol

I''m going to mention someone - Chris Porter a striker who plays for Motherwell, previously Oldham, got a good goals per game ration, is 6ft 2, only about 24/25, and cheap because his contract is up at the end of the season!! Huddersfield had a bid of £100,000 accepted but the player himself turned the move down.

[quote user="LDC"]

I''m going to mention someone - Chris Porter a striker who plays for Motherwell, previously Oldham, got a good goals per game ration, is 6ft 2, only about 24/25, and cheap because his contract is up at the end of the season!! Huddersfield had a bid of £100,000 accepted but the player himself turned the move down.

[/quote]Has already been mentioned here in a few papers. Sounds like a decent shout.OTBChttp://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-keen-to-land-Motherwell.4846217.jp

[quote user="one 4 the future"]With John Deehan coming back here from a role at Birmingham FC does anyone think there''s a chance of  Martin Taylor being approached again?[/quote]

Thought he''d gone from being director of footy for Npton and then Lincoln he was then made a scout at Bolton??

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="one 4 the future"]With John Deehan coming back here from a role at Birmingham FC does anyone think there''s a chance of  Martin Taylor being approached again?[/quote]

Thought he''d gone from being director of footy for Npton and then Lincoln he was then made a scout at Bolton??

[/quote]Sorry, maybe i misunderstood what i thought i heard earlyer.

[quote user="one 4 the future"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Sorry, maybe i misunderstood what i thought i heard earlyer.[/quote]No, you didn''t, he was at Birmingham, or so says every article and press conference!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Someone cheap![/quote]

Oh, Wiz, you are awful but I like you ! In these turbulent times in which we live we often seek constancy and, Wiz, you never let us down !

Darren Ward at Wolves said on Soccer AM a couple of weeks ago that he wants to go out on loan. Hed do a good job til the end of the season.I cant see any big money signings as Gunns only here until the end of the season atm, so I dont think the board will give him much to work with, if we have anything.

I agree we do need some central defense help and a striker, but I also believe if Roeder has used what he had properly, we would not be in the mess we are in at the moment.  Ergo, if Gunn plays it smart and allows Hoolahan to play his game and let other under-used or mis-used talents "do their thing" we will have no worries about relegation.  Didn''t Hoolahan say it was like having hancuffs removed when he was allowed to dominate the game vs Barnsley?  Why Roeder would sign him and then try to change his game is baffling.   It''s like the ugly chick who tells her friends she is going to "change that guy" who is a real jerkwad into something she likes, but ends uip in tears when he dumps her because she meddles too much (and is ugly).

Incredibly Gunny was on the radio lunchtime and said he may not need to sign anyone! He''s thrown down the challenge to the rest of the squad to keep playing as they did Saturday basically. This is worrying because even if you believe Gunn was a good appointment and that Saturday''s performance can be replicated over the next 18 games you must surely recognise the need for urgent reinforcements at the back and up front in case of injuries and suspensions. It must have been music to the Board''s ears though!!