Sign in to follow this  
Delia, When Do I Start??

SSN REPORT!

There is some conflict in the stories coming out of the Irish FA though. This morning they were saying there had ben no contact from Norwich, yet later they say they denied Norwich permission to talk last night.

Could be they have released this to the press to warn Norwich off if they have heard all the rumours about wanting him back.

I eally can''t believe even our board would consider bringing him back, especially when Boothroyd has been sat in the directors box for the last  games.

Get ready for the spin machine!! "We approached the irish fa to speak to Nigel yes........for advice on who we should appoint"

The problem we have is we will never know while the club kep quiet.

Did we approach the Irish FA? Who knows

If we did, was it to ask Worthington to take over as manager or manage us short term whilst a new manager is found?

He is still close to Delia so were they going to ask his views on the new manager. It would make sense if they are considering Boothroyd. He worked with Worthington for a while.

Whilst the club stay silent all we have are rumours which are just getting wilder by the hour. If the board are to keep any of the credit they got for the swift dismissal of Roeder they need to make a press statement very soon.

The IFA said that they turned doen City''s approach for Worthy,face it people they want him back,GULP..christ where''s the JD. 

[quote user="jbghost"]

There is some conflict in the stories coming out of the Irish FA though. This morning they were saying there had ben no contact from Norwich, yet later they say they denied Norwich permission to talk last night.

Could be they have released this to the press to warn Norwich off if they have heard all the rumours about wanting him back.

I eally can''t believe even our board would consider bringing him back, especially when Boothroyd has been sat in the directors box for the last  games.

[/quote]

With respect where does it say they turned us down last night? Haven''t seen that. Here on the pink ''un it says we made an approach this evening: “On Thursday evening, the Irish FA turned down a request from Norwich City FC to speak to the Northern Ireland manager (Nigel Worthington) with regards to their vacant managerial position." So if the IFA are saying we hadn''t contacted them this morning then they are correct.

I''m not sure if we did. The quotes (that I''ve seen at least) seemed to suggest that the Northern Irland FA "would turn down any approach" (should one materialise) however when that got to the headline writer it became the Northern Ireland FA had "turned down an actual approach". That''s what i saw anyway...

[quote user="Puddy"]I''m not sure if we did. The quotes (that I''ve seen at least) seemed to suggest that the Northern Irland FA "would turn down any approach" (should one materialise) however when that got to the headline writer it became the Northern Ireland FA had "turned down an actual approach".

That''s what i saw anyway...
[/quote]

Not sure if your replying to me puddy but the quote i''ve used from the Pink ''Un comes direct off the IFA website so it''s quite clear whatever the board may say we did indeed make an approach.

[quote user="Puddy"]I''m not sure if we did. The quotes (that I''ve seen at least) seemed to suggest that the Northern Irland FA "would turn down any approach" (should one materialise) however when that got to the headline writer it became the Northern Ireland FA had "turned down an actual approach".

That''s what i saw anyway...
[/quote]

The exact wording from the NI FA website is:

"On Thursday evening, the Irish FA turned down a request from Norwich City FC to speak to the Northern Ireland manager (Nigel Worthington) with regards to their vacant managerial position."

I didn''t see SSN and would like to know word for word what the club are denying, but it soundsa bit like hairsplitting, ie.  is a "request to speak to" the same thing as an "approach"?

Nothing is ever clear in football.

The story seems strange because one minute they are warning us off and the next they are turning down our approach.

Hmmm, hadn''t seen that one. Is that an actual quote (it doesn''t say who said it).... I just find it incredibly hard to believe they would appraoch him to take control of the club.

[quote user="sturgeon220"]
Silly, (i Know) butthey might be right and The irish might have been misquoted or got hold of the wrong end of the stick?
[/quote]

The Irish have not been misquoted or got hold of the wrong end of the stick although, being Irish, I do realise that we frequently do that.

You rang and were told to **** off. 

He is not interested. You''ll have to try somewhere else.

lucky escape then, I guess[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="sturgeon220"]Silly, (i Know) butthey might be right and The irish might have been misquoted or got hold of the wrong end of the stick?[/quote]

The Irish have not been misquoted or got hold of the wrong end of the stick although, being Irish, I do realise that we frequently do that.

[/quote]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Silly, (i Know) butthey might be right and The irish might have been misquoted or got hold of the wrong end of the stick?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you be absolutely sure of that, as Neil Doncaster seems to somewhat disagree.

I''m sorry, Cam but I do not believe this. Bothroyd has been in the directors box for the last 2 games & even our board wouldn''t be stupid enough to try & appoint a manager hounded out of the club just 2 years ago!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you be absolutely sure of that, as Neil Doncaster seems to somewhat disagree.

[/quote]

What else is he going to say? We have the Irish FA and a journalist on here confirming that an approach was indeed made. Why would the Irish FA lie about it?

[quote user="Jonesy"]I''m sorry, Cam but I do not believe this. Bothroyd has been in the directors box for the last 2 games & even our board wouldn''t be stupid enough to try & appoint a manager hounded out of the club just 2 years ago![/quote]

So the Irish FA are telling porkies?

Does everything have to be truth/lie?  No, I don''t think so - mistakes and misunderstandings can and do happen all the time.  The problem is that in this day and age of media/internet a mistake is nowhere near as retractable as it used to be, as it is already in the public domain.

Not saying this is defo the case here, but it is far from impossible.  Indeed,  someone has posted on the o/s that they e-mailed Doomy to ask why the club had approached NW, and was told that "no one has been offered or made any formal approach, least of all the IFA". 

As someone has already suggested, maybe they have denied an approach before it actually happened due to media speculation? Also, surely the board wouldn''t lie about it either? Why are the IFA more trustworthy than our board?

ABSOLUTELY sure, or as the IFA boss put it: "Nige said: "Surely they have to be joking?  Go back there?"

You don''t want him.  He doesn''t want you.

The Irish Football Association has refused Norwich permission to speak to Northern Ireland boss Nigel Worthington about a return to Carrow Road.

When approached by Norwich on Thursday, IFA president Raymond Kennedy said he wanted Worthington to stay and honour his contract as international boss.

The Championship club have accepted this and will continue their search for Glenn Roeder''s successor.

"I am happy to focus on a job I am enjoying," Worthington told BBC Sport.

"I spoke to the president about the situation and we are both happy that it was in the best interests of the association and myself that any offer from Norwich be rejected.

"I had a successful time at Norwich although the last six months were a bit hairy when tough times hit.

"I still live in north Norfolk but I have done the Norwich job and have now moved on and am really enjoying my role with Northern Ireland."

Worthington, who has a contract as Northern Ireland Manager until the end of the current qualifying campaign, was in charge of Norwich for almost six years until he was sacked in 2006.

Roeder was dismissed as Norwich boss on Wednesday following their 1-0 FA Cup defeat by Charlton.

In other, even Irish words, **** off.

"I fell about laughing"Worthy said.  "How times change."

ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN.[:P]

Far too many people are so willing to quickly accept the input of anyone from elsewhere rather than wait to see what action and announcements our club make. For those that are just having a wonderful time engaged in negative spin against NCFC let me play a little thought back to you. Does everyone remember when Nigel Worthington was here how he played the Sheffield Wednesday card to get better contract terms at Norwich? Perhaps a similar type thing is taking place on Nigel''s current contract. Who knows? I''ll wait until NCFC makes an announcement thank you. They took the needed first step of dispensing with Glenn Roeder''s services which was absolutely deserved given his attitude toward the fans, never mind what the results on the pitch were. Now I''ll wait for step two.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Does everything have to be truth/lie?  No, I don''t think so - mistakes and misunderstandings can and do happen all the time.  The problem is that in this day and age of media/internet a mistake is nowhere near as retractable as it used to be, as it is already in the public domain.

Not saying this is defo the case here, but it is far from impossible.  Indeed,  someone has posted on the o/s that they e-mailed Doomy to ask why the club had approached NW, and was told that "no one has been offered or made any formal approach, least of all the IFA". 

[/quote]

Yes a misunderstanding... Kind of like one of those misunderstanding that Doctors see in casualty all the time when a gentlemans private parts ends up in a hoover or a rather large cucumber ends up inserted in a delicate place. "So how did this get stuck up here" " Well in I was in the kitchen and the floor was rather wet, and I must have slipped..."

I can see it now. Relaxing back in his chair after a hard days e-mailing Doncaster falls and smashes his head on the phone. Miraculously in a million to 1 chance he manages to call the Chief Exec of the IFA. "Who''s this" cries the IFA CE "Umm well it''s Neil Doncaster from Norwich City" he says in his dazed state, immediatly jumping the gun the IFA CE responds "Listen you bleedin'' bastuurd, you ain''t getting your dirty English mitts on ''im, ya hear!" "Umm no but err you don''t underst..." BEEEEEEEEEEE and the phone goes dead. Yeap I can see it now...

PS: If Ray Kennedy says there was an approach from Norwich City there WAS an approach from Norwich City whatever Mr Doncaster says at your end.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

someone has posted on the o/s that they e-mailed Doomy to ask why the club had approached NW, and was told that "no one has been offered or made any formal approach, least of all the IFA". 

[/quote]

I thought so.

A "formal approach"?  What exactly does that mean?  Is it the same thing as the "request to speak to" which the IFA say they turned down?

Answer: it means whatever Neil Doncaster wants it to mean.

It''s eerily like the "formal offer" that the club told us Peter Cullum never made.

Someone needs to ask him "has anyone at Norwich City FC, or anyone acting on behalf of Norwich City FC, made a request to the IFA to speak to NW with regards to the managerial vacancy at Carrow Road?"

Sorry Cam., but just quoting a bbc article doesn''t really make your point - you know as well as I do how things are picked up and run with. 

You are certainly calling Doomy a liar, though.

Personally couldn''t really get too excited either way - as you say, we don''t want him and he doesn''t want us.  

Is amazing how many jump on any and every article however much truth or otherwise there might be in it, though.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]PS: If Ray Kennedy says there was an approach from Norwich City there WAS an approach from Norwich City whatever Mr Doncaster says at your end.[/quote]

Thats good enough for me Cam. Sadly a lot of people are still willing to believe the lies and deceit of this board. It''s like a nice warm comforting blanket from Auntie Delia that they can''t bear to let go. I have no doubt that the club will try and spin this and pretend no approach took place, this is not only what our club does but many do. Sadly many of the ''true believers'' will lap it up!

[quote user="TheFineCity"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]PS: If Ray Kennedy says there was an approach from Norwich City there WAS an approach from Norwich City whatever Mr Doncaster says at your end.[/quote]

Thats good enough for me Cam. Sadly a lot of people are still willing to believe the lies and deceit of this board. It''s like a nice warm comforting blanket from Auntie Delia that they can''t bear to let go. I have no doubt that the club will try and spin this and pretend no approach took place, this is not only what our club does but many do. Sadly many of the ''true believers'' will lap it up!

[/quote]

I am far from willing to believe "lies and deceit" of anyone, least of all the internet. Which is my whole point.  You will not meet anyone more cynical than me when dealing with such things as the media (in its widest sense) as my wife has worked in it for years and it is full of deliberate lies and deceit.  However, mistakes and misunderstandings happen all the time. If you want the truth of something you can never take it from one source/something that has clearly used that one source for its information.  Unfortunately far too many people are willing to read any and every article written on something and take it as the truth.

However, if Cam states something he has better links than I do to these things so I''m generally happy enough to believe what he says.