Sign in to follow this  
ca

Striker Crisis

We have only got an unfit Cort and Loopiloo left as natural strikers at our club, I think its time to recall Jamie in case either of them two get injured in training.

Whats your opinion?

[quote user="cityangel"]

We have only got an unfit Cort and Loopiloo left as natural strikers at our club, I think its time to recall Jamie in case either of them two get injured in training.

Whats your opinion?

[/quote]

Agreed Angel, but we both know Jamie won''t come back here whilst Roeders in charge.[:(]

well he didn''t bring cort on yesterday so you won''t need to worry about him getting injured, i would recall cureton but roeder is to pig headed to do this, he''s already stated that cureton will spend 3 months at barnsley, which is nonsense to say that when we don''t have many forwards!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

Whats your opinion?

[/quote]

Agreed Angel, but we both know Jamie won''t come back here whilst Roeders in charge.[:(]

[/quote]

I agree he''d be reluctant to come back whilst Roeder is here but he wouldn''t get a choice would he?

Jamie won''t be coming back.  I wasn''t unhappy to see him go, but its pure insanity to send him away without any proper cover in the squad.  If we''re relying on Cort until May then we''re in deep trouble.  The guy has looked woefully unfit and the fact we were going to arrange a friendly purely to improve his fitness (which was postponed) says it all really.

I suspect we''ll have someone in by the end of the month but we really can''t wait too much longer.

The last time I saw Cort play was at Crystal Palace when he came on for 20 minutes or so. It’s difficult to put into words how dreadful he was that day. He was either not interested or unfit, or a combination of the two.

If he doesn’t get a start, or even a decent run out on Tuesday, it will be difficult to understand why he was brought to the club in the first place.

Regardless of whether or not Cort plays in the Cup match, he''s not the answer to our scoring problems, and if we don''t get a striker in of the calibre of Lita, we will be playing League 1 football next season.

striker crisis, management crisis, board crisis. no more excuses,delia out, rodent hanged

[quote user="JJ"]

I suspect we''ll have someone in by the end of the month but we really can''t wait too much longer.

[/quote]

Correct.

We have three vitally important games coming up, and we need some firepower up front now, and not at the end of January.

We all know that, but will Roeder or the Board manage to work it out?

Yes, it''s that silly season where the board and the manager play a game of chicken. FFS - we are not in the position for games!! Back him or sack him!

[quote user="astrodyne"]Yes, it''s that silly season where the board and the manager play a game of chicken. FFS - we are not in the position for games!! Back him or sack him![/quote]totally agree there, the silence from the board is deafening once again. if they truly believed he was the right man for the job should they not be saying that

[quote user="steve o"]well he didn''t bring cort on yesterday so you won''t need to worry about him getting injured, i would recall cureton but roeder is to pig headed to do this, he''s already stated that cureton will spend 3 months at barnsley, which is nonsense to say that when we don''t have many forwards![/quote]

This might be all very well, but could i point out cureton''s ''''form'''' for Barnsley this season (A team that is 5 places above us in the league):

GamesGoalsAssists

However you look at that, that is not good. one goal per 11 games! it would almost be better to have no strikers at all! (joke) i hope that Cort will play soon, because i have got a good feeling about that. selling shackell was a GOOD move, imagine where we would be without that money... loan moves aren''t ideal by any means, but when a club has little or no money, they can be a life saver. i agree that Roeder''s tactics on occassions have been a little suspect, but he has managed to make some really quality signings, Clingan for free! what a deal that has been. not so sure about bell, but we will see hopefully. we have got too good a squad to get relegated. what we need is stefanovic back from injury... good luck roeder

if there are any budding billionaires out there willing to waste their money on a football club that will suck them to poverty, could they arrange to meet with Neil Doncaster... we should have pounced on Cullum when he hinted at interest

The striker crisis is no worse than it was before yesterday;  we still only have lupoli who can score!

[quote user="ridgeman"]

This might be all very well, but could i point out cureton''s ''''form'''' for Barnsley this season (A team that is 5 places above us in the league):

GamesGoalsAssists

How has Cureton played 22 games for Barnsley.

[/quote]7 games at last count.  He did have 505 goal-free minutes for us though.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

GamesGoalsAssists

How has Cureton played 22 games for Barnsley.

[/quote]

Exactly!

Striker crisis!

Why didn''t Cort come on yesterday?

Roeders taken a massive gamble on a ''sicknote'' striker who dones buggerall for 4-5 years and then yesterday had him on the bench and doesn''t try him?

Playing Hoolahan behind a lone striker has mainly not worked this season so when you''ve got another option one the idiot signed on himself why not try him out?

Sorry but Roeders passing the bucks and harluck stories carry no substance for me at all cause its Roeder himself whos been the instigator of most of the teams problems!

Why release Huckerby if we were going to be that short?

Why not recall Cureton and/or try one of the good performing Academy strikers?

Roeder just F*ck of you are useless!