Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Jamie Cureton recalled!

[quote user="Herman "]Can someone tell me who recalled him? Just got back from work and am quite confused who is left in the backroom  staff.[/quote]I think our backroom staff now consists of Tommy Wright the goalkeeping coach but since he too was a Roeder appointment who knows how long he''ll be here.

I thought that JC might have been one of the first to publicly speak out against Roeder. Perhaps not.http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/14/norwichcity-championship

[quote user="claud"]I thought that JC might have been one of the first to publicly speak out against Roeder. Perhaps not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/14/norwichcity-championship
[/quote]

Whatever''s best for Jamie.  Jamie is for Jamie.

Whichever club it is won''t matter. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="claud"]I thought that JC might have been one of the first to publicly speak out against Roeder. Perhaps not.

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS: He bled yellow and green and then bled blue and white stripes and then bled yellow and green again.

Whatever.[:|]

It does make sense recalling him because we have so little firepower up front.  Roeder was insane to let him go without having someone lined up (Cort doesn''t count because his fitness was never going to allow him to start straight away).

Saying that, Curo is not the long-term answer.  He''s been poor under both Grant and Roeder and I don''t think is up to it, regardless of the failings of those respective managers.  I think some people make way too many excuses for Jamie when other players get slaughtered for being just as poor.

Thought JC had a decent pre season but had his confidence knocked by a few key misses, eg penalty against Cardiff. Roeder also lost patience with him missing opportunities and couldn''t be arsed to wait for his lean period to end.

He needs someone to deliver low crosses in, perhaps could link up well with Bell, also thought he had a good understanding with Hoolahan developing but had very few starts under Roeder. A fresh start under a new manager should see more goals from Jamie.

[quote user="Largey"]I wouldnt say 14 goals was a poor return for a mediocre team last season?[/quote]

Okay, fair enough (although 5 of his goals were against Barnet and Colchester), but I don''t think he''s the answer long term.  I admit we do need him right now as cover, but we still need another body come the end of Jan.

Yes I agree he isnt a long-term solution but I dont think you can argue with his output last season.

And to be fair, we havnt got the pedigree up front at the moment, have we?!

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS: He bled yellow and green and then bled blue and white stripes and then bled yellow and green again.

[/quote]

I''m sure that Jamie enjoyed his time at Colchester but we were his first club where he scored 90 goals in our youth team before he progressed to the reserves and first team and its no secret how he feels about our club.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PPS: Before you loaned him to Barnsley he made overtures to The Mighty U''s to return but unfortunately the Manager had changed and he was told to **** off.  Personal letter to the Owner I believe who passed it to the Manager.

This end we remember him pledging his allegiance to Colchester and signing all the kids shirts at £10 a time while negotiating with you "a club with real ambition" as he told Essex Radio and the Colchester Evening Gazette 48 hours after signing the shirts.[:|]

If you get in Holloway as your new Manager they should get on really, really well.

In Colchester we are stupid and just got conned.  And, being conned, no, we didn''t like it.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PPS: Before you loaned him to Barnsley he made overtures to The Mighty U''s to return but unfortunately the Manager had changed and he was told to **** off.  Personal letter to the Owner I believe who passed it to the Manager.

This end we remember him pledging his allegiance to Colchester and signing all the kids shirts at £10 a time while negotiating with you "a club with real ambition" as he told Essex Radio and the Colchester Evening Gazette 48 hours after signing the shirts.[:|]

If you get in Holloway as your new Manager they should get on really, really well.

In Colchester we are stupid and just got conned.  And, being conned, no, we didn''t like it.

[/quote]

I''m not defending anyone, this is just a general question...

Who is loyal these days? This whole "kiss the badge" loyalty is all just a show by all players. JC, Holloway, Ronaldo flirting with Real. They''re all the same IMO.

And probably with good reason too. When you do get a genuinely loyal player like one D Huckerby, he gets treated as an expendable resource. Can players afford to be loyal? Can they guarantee the same loyalty would be paid back to them by their club? It is a 2-way street after all.

I think it''s just a part of modern football now. I think the sooner we get out of our heads that anyone "bleeds yellow, green or blue", the less time we will spend having these conversations.

I''m sure you didn''t like being conned Camuldonum, but maybe we expect too much sometimes. I''m not saying its right, it’s just modern football.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="claud"]I thought that JC might have been one of the first to publicly speak out against Roeder. Perhaps not.http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/14/norwichcity-championship[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]If this is the case then it surprises me even more that he hasn''t spoken out, yet. It would have been far easier for him to blame GR for the past 5 months and his form, but he hasn''t. He''s been relatively unselfish and said that it was the players fault.

[quote user="JJ"]

Okay, fair enough (although 5 of his goals were against Barnet and Colchester)

[/quote]Not sure what you mean by that, but remind me how many goals we scored against the weakest team in the divison, who had not won in 18 games, on Tuesday?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]What''s the chances of Martin and Spillane getting recalled too![/quote]

Spillane you can recall, I believe.  Martin, no.  That''s what Luton said when it was raised with them weeks ago.

I think you will have a new Manager by the end of this week.

[/quote]Would say that new manager has already been decided on.[/quote]

I said that earlier, I reckon the wheels have been in motion longer than we think

[/quote]

i said that at work yesterday.. something tells me the club have already interviewed and made their mind up on who they want.. i expect we will know before Saturday.... the bookies arent often wrong... its boothroyd.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]What''s the chances of Martin and Spillane getting recalled too![/quote]

Spillane you can recall, I believe.  Martin, no.  That''s what Luton said when it was raised with them weeks ago.

I think you will have a new Manager by the end of this week.

[/quote]Would say that new manager has already been decided on.[/quote]

I said that earlier, I reckon the wheels have been in motion longer than we think

[/quote]

i said that at work yesterday.. something tells me the club have already interviewed and made their mind up on who they want.. i expect we will know before Saturday.... the bookies arent often wrong... its boothroyd.

jas :)

[/quote]

I think it''s a no brainer that we will have a new manager at Carrow Road by close of business tomorrow. I have got to believe that the Board had already discussed contingency plans over tea and crumpets with Smith and Jones and, dare I say, made exploratory contact with the identified replacement whi, IMI, will be either Boothroyd or Rioch because of their immediate, uncomplicated availability. If Rioch, then it would be great if his assistant is named as Dublin.