Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Support for Delia

Delia doesn''t do half the things that people suggest on this forum. She is the majority share holder, along with her husband, but she is only a member on the board.I agree, she has made mistakes, but non of them have been hers alone.She is a supporter of the club everything she tried to do was for the benefit of the club. Please stop mentioning ''Delia'' when in fact you are talking about the Board as a whole.

the way this club has declined rapidly... and you think delias doing a good job... shes not very good at recruiting managers is she...??

if i was pumping money into a football club, i would want someone better than what roeders cv, or even grants had on it.

she a cook ... thanks for your help delia , but you need to get back to the kitchen , somethings burning.

I''m not saying she isn''t, I''m saying that their are others or assist and share the decision making.

i know what your saying, i agree but if 25,000 fans plus.. and 70 percent of een readers, want roeder out..

and newcastle and west ham fans knew what roeder was all about.. surely they cant be that thick , to see what hes doing to the club.

I think the board are well aware of this and ust be contemplating removing him, but as we have discussed, we have cost of removing him and his staff, getting someone who is competent and who won''t cost the earth and with the lack of funds would someone be able to do the job. But that is what they are there for and we ''employ'' them to make the right choices. They don''t have a good track record of that.

Do I think that we will get rid of him? Yes if the results don''t change and the atmosphere gets nasty, we have to think logicaly too, they get rid of GR and this will deflect some stick against them.

they would have tho do it sooner rather than latter, after jan we cant bring anymore players in .

i would like a manager who scores the lower leauges for cheap players,raw talent and at least would be ours, im not fond on loan players, i think roeders loan carnage has put me off!!

There is something about getting lower league players and making them gems, there are plenty of youngsters around the country who have been released by bigger teams simply because they will not be able to dislodge the more established stars. Posh have done this well and there is one manager who I would think would do well but I don''t see him leaving there for a bit, he is well backed, but he has some good players ther. If GR goes, there is my no 1 choice, Mr Darren Ferguson.

i would like to see young mr bothroyd back .. knows the club..

he was highly respectected here, my friend was in the youth team when he was coach..

hes a good bloke , so ive heard and knows how to motovate players, and mostly liked.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Delia does not select the team, nor decide upon tactics, and does not decide which players are bought and sold. She does not even have much of a say in appointing managers as she leaves that to others. (then she needs to find some new "others", but I don''t think this is entirely true as I know for a fact that Hamilton and Grant were both vetted and approved by Delia)
[/quote]As was Roeder ''nuff said!

Boothroyd would be a good choice too. I doubt we would see the long ball tactics used at Watford, he had to go with what he had and I feel that a bit of confidence and some decent tactical know how, this quad could be a whole lot better, even discounting the loans and lack of squad. You look at the Wolves, Scum and Brum games, add that to the early season performances with out the results, there is enough quality here. We just don''t see it often enough and this for is in spite of GR.

im not talking any bull here, from what my friend has said , the players are good players but roeder is a bit of a hamilton charator, he says goes.

not respected , from whats been said regarding hucks , hoolihan , its clear for all to see hes not a people person ,

i matters that players have respect for managers and vice versa,sadly i dont think this is the case.

I can quite believe that. If you p1ss him off then your history and he doesn''t like anybody questioning his authoirty. I imagine that the assitant managers are in the same boat.

The club board took their time even involved David Stringer in the selection process with Roeder and i have heard him state on radio norfolk that Roeder was the outstanding applicant for the managers position does he take any stick  NO just the board and in particular  Delia .

Yes she has made errors running this club as other owners have with theirs and yes we are in real financial trouble but who else is there prepared to run our club .

There are many clubs struggling to find new investment most are bigger than us  so we will have to bide our time and support not antagonize those currently in control  .

[quote user="singing canary"]

i know what your saying, i agree but if 25,000 fans plus.. and 70 percent of een readers, want roeder out..

and newcastle and west ham fans knew what roeder was all about.. surely they cant be that thick , to see what hes doing to the club.

[/quote]

OK things not so good at the moment with Roeder, but at the time, he was a brilliant appointment because surely there is no doubt that he saved the club from certain relegation last season.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I think the board are well aware of this and ust be contemplating removing him, but as we have discussed, we have cost of removing him and his staff, getting someone who is competent and who won''t cost the earth and with the lack of funds would someone be able to do the job. But that is what they are there for and we ''employ'' them to make the right choices. They don''t have a good track record of that.

Do I think that we will get rid of him? Yes if the results don''t change and the atmosphere gets nasty, we have to think logicaly too, they get rid of GR and this will deflect some stick against them.

[/quote]The board don''t like Roeder is the impression I get from them and its only the financial issues of getting shot of him that are preventing them from doing exactly that but I hope they soon come to the conclusion that getting rid of him now will be cheaper than losing a fair number of season ticket holders and 3rd tier football!

[quote user="Flinty"]tom cavendish... not returning then to answer for himself

suprising... no
[/quote]

Yes. Here I am. It''s just that I don''t spend all my time on here...

[quote user="CT "]I''ll ask you these questions then

Who has spent more money on ''off the field projects'' when we''ve desperately needed players on the pitch?

[/quote]

Fans of all clubs will always say that their club needs investment in new players. NCFC have invested into the infrastructure which generates a profit that helps pay for the team over a long period of time. It''s the way that clubs do biz these days and NCFC does the same to try and compete with other clubs.

[quote]

Do you think deliar will leave us in a worse position than chase did?

[/quote]

I would hope not. Chase left the club hours from going bust (ask Gordon Bennet)

[quote]

Who waited until half way through the prem season to sign Ashton?

[/quote]

Nigel Worthington.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

average crowds have nothing to do with Delia

[/quote]

Of course they do - her image and ideas has helped transform the club to be the heart of the community and be more family friendly - which has attracted an average of an extra 10,000 to games.

[quote]

now rated by many as a laughing stock, before she took over we were in the top flight and beating the likes of Arsenal etc, now we can''t compete with the likes of Burnley, Preston and Swansea.

[/quote]

NCFC was 16th in Division 2 when she took over. If you want to go back further in history then Burnley and Preston used to be a couple of the biggest clubs in the country.

[quote]

the club has business interests that fail to provide any kind of transfer kitty, we can''t even raise funds to buy our own players, we are a laughing stock.

[/quote]

That isn''t true. The profits from the business interests contribute to the playing budget.

[quote]

the stadium, although it has been redeveloped has still fallen way behind many of our rivals and it''s capacity would be way too small if we were a succesful club, the City stand would be more appropriate for a Div 1 club, mind you that''s where we are heading with complacent posters like you sticking up for the current regime.

[/quote]

The stadium can be increased further in capacity as and when required.

[quote]

Your point about playing budget is so pathetic and misguided to be hysterically funny if it were not so tragic.

I am sure she will have a say in what players are bought and sold, simply there are no funds to buy any players, and any that are regarded as being worth anything are quickly sold on.

[/quote]

Wrong again. Delia does not decide which players are bought and sold and she even insists that she has nothing to do with it because that is what the manager is paid to do.

[quote]

You are entitled to your opinion, but it is the opinion of a naive, deluded fool.

[/quote]

Keep telling yourself that...

roeder saved the club with most of grants team, with exception of a couple of fantastic loan signings then.

then ripped the guts out of the team , which has backfired badly.

some of the decisions he has made have been woefull to say the least.

then i could list loads, the bit that bugs me more than anything , if someone done something wrong and put their hands up and said , i was wrong, fair enough.

this guy is prepaired to argue the toss with everyone, and stating everyone else is wrong, a good manager would listen to the fans, understand.

no everyone is ignorant, and knows best. if he had a record to back himself up then fair enough, but hasnt.

so i could imagine he would be a arse to work for, no wonder all our players we have sent out on loan are doing well , i would say at a guess maybe a better working atmoshere would help.

Yes Roeder kept us up lasy year but that was due to to the long unbeaten run which was a case of the players playing out of their skin to impress the new boss, little I think to do with Roeders  motivational skills. This was a very similar scanario to the recovery we made the previous season under the equally inept Grant.

In January we had the opportunity to make a serious bid for the play offs but instead Roedernowhere started to mess about with the team and then ended up stumbling across the line to safety when we could of comfortably done it!

Thats the truth from last January onwards Roeder has been nothing short of a disaster for our great club with only the odd win inbetween mainly poor results!

Delia and co have messed up since keeping Worthy one year too long, and then Grant and Roeder have been very bad appointments but I''m sure her and the board had the best intentions!

The board needs to go but I won''t critiscise them cause they''ve mainly done a good job in most other areas apart from selecting managers!

Roeder is totally inept and the exageratted financial problems shouldn''t be used as an excuse for his bad management!

Roederout!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

The board needs to go but I won''t critiscise them cause they''ve mainly done a good job in most other areas apart from selecting managers!

Roeder is totally inept and the exageratted financial problems shouldn''t be used as an excuse for his bad management!

Roederout!

[/quote]

Fans of nearly every club think their Board make bad selections of managers.

I have a theory... that just about all the football managers are rubbish but sometimes they get lucky...

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Roederout!

[/quote]

I have a theory... that just about all the football managers are rubbish but sometimes they get lucky...

[/quote]I have a theory... that you''re a wind-up merchant and you''ve struck gold with this one...

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

average crowds have nothing to do with Delia

[/quote]

Of course they do - her image and ideas has helped transform the club to be the heart of the community and be more family friendly - which has attracted an average of an extra 10,000 to games.

[quote]

now rated by many as a laughing stock, before she took over we were in the top flight and beating the likes of Arsenal etc, now we can''t compete with the likes of Burnley, Preston and Swansea.

[/quote]

NCFC was 16th in Division 2 when she took over. If you want to go back further in history then Burnley and Preston used to be a couple of the biggest clubs in the country.

[quote]

the club has business interests that fail to provide any kind of transfer kitty, we can''t even raise funds to buy our own players, we are a laughing stock.

[/quote]

That isn''t true. The profits from the business interests contribute to the playing budget.

[quote]

the stadium, although it has been redeveloped has still fallen way behind many of our rivals and it''s capacity would be way too small if we were a succesful club, the City stand would be more appropriate for a Div 1 club, mind you that''s where we are heading with complacent posters like you sticking up for the current regime.

[/quote]

The stadium can be increased further in capacity as and when required.

[quote]

Your point about playing budget is so pathetic and misguided to be hysterically funny if it were not so tragic.

I am sure she will have a say in what players are bought and sold, simply there are no funds to buy any players, and any that are regarded as being worth anything are quickly sold on.

[/quote]

Wrong again. Delia does not decide which players are bought and sold and she even insists that she has nothing to do with it because that is what the manager is paid to do.

[quote]

You are entitled to your opinion, but it is the opinion of a naive, deluded fool.

[/quote]

Keep telling yourself that...

[/quote]

I really cant be arsed to correct your points again as you clearly need to read the points that have been replied in detail again.

I''m sorry sir but you really are naive and deluded.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Roederout!

[/quote]

[/quote]My theory is slightly different, in that I don''t think they''re rubbish as such, but the job is an impossible one. Nobody ever admits luck (or, if you prefer, incalculable complexity) plays a huge part in these things.Has Mark Hughes suddenly become a rubbish manager? Arsenal fans were apparently calling for Wenger''s head a few weeks ago.As I said in a previous thread, How do you explain Mike Walker''s record?Results are all that matter. One thing is certain, a few good results & most of the posters on here will disappear. 100% guaranteed.