Sign in to follow this  
ndhscanary

Ian Henderson released by Northampton

I dont know if anyone else has seen but Ian henderson has been released by northampton. He hassnt scored a single goal for them! I have to say never really thought much of him apart from when we went up he done nothing at all for us!

[quote user="ndhscanary"]I dont know if anyone else has seen but Ian henderson has been released by northampton. He hassnt scored a single goal for them! I have to say never really thought much of him apart from when we went up he done nothing at all for us![/quote]

I DID, think he was going to be good, but then as his career went on realised he wasn''t, i wish him luck for the future though :)

One of the worst "professional" footballers i''ve ever seen, if there was ever a 50/50 challenge to go in for you could be sure he would chicken out.

wasn''t he voted their worst ever player????

I think there comes a time where individuals have to consider their careers and if they have made the right decision.....

Ian shouldn''t worry.. theres plenty of companies needing staff in January.. perhaps his calling lies in the office, the call center or anywhere other than the pitch...

jas :)

Danny Crow seemed to lose interest, form and any desire to do well after he broke his metatarsal at the other NCFC (Notts County).We had high hopes for him -at League two level he should have done well - but wasn''t to be and he seemed to go into hiding imo. If he can''t do well at Cambridge............

[quote user="norwichmagpie"]Danny Crow seemed to lose interest, form and any desire to do well after he broke his metatarsal at the other NCFC (Notts County).We had high hopes for him -at League two level he should have done well - but wasn''t to be and he seemed to go into hiding imo. If he can''t do well at Cambridge............[/quote]Maybe he''s just not the academic type?

lol! Took me a minute or two tho....maybe Hull would have been ok  ......... a little while ago now though!Had hopes for Jarvis too but he seems to be doing ok at Orient?

Anyone whp thought he was going to be good should really give up watching football as it was bloody ovious he was rubbish.[quote user="ndhscanary"]I dont know if anyone else has seen but Ian henderson has been released by northampton. He hassnt scored a single goal for them! I have to say never really thought much of him apart from when we went up he done nothing at all for us![/quote]

What does this tell you about our youth set up,superb facilities, spent millions, but who has come through?

Until this changes we will be in the mire.

I wrote this piece when Hendo was released from Norwich, June / July 2007. I think that the reference to England U19''s is incorrect as there was a quiz question about him in the recent Charlton programme about England U20''s. Perhaps I was too sympathetic to him. Or not. Who knows if he would have made it given in different circumstances? Here it is :-

I liked Hendo when he initially started playing for Norwich. He looked lively in his first start up front in that awful Carling Cup match at Northampton in August 2003. He almost scored that evening after a clever run through their defence but lifted the ball over the keeper and it went just wide. If he had scored that chance would it have changed his confidence or Worthington’s attitude towards him or maybe him getting selected as an attacker ? Who knows.

He played for England U19’s and in the game I saw him play he was selected up front. I recall he looked lively and a decent player.

In the Championship year I thought he had cracked it. He looked lively for a few games, scored a couple of great goals cutting in from the right wing, where he was almost always selected.

After the initial euphoria of those few goals, he lost form and for the most part he looked lost and bereft of confidence on the wing. He rarely tried to go past a player, he often passed it sideways and left it to others. With the crowd starting to groan every time he made a mistake his confidence started to ebb.

He was capable of the odd moment of outstanding play; that wonderful cross for Matt Svensson’s first goal for the club in the Boxing Day fixture against Forest springs to mind.

He hardly featured in the Prem season and the season after that was becoming a more and more peripheral figure. He was rewarded with the odd sub appearance here and there and he got one start up front, the first since that Carling Cup match three years ago. He was subbed after an hour.

I heard he did ok when he was at Rotherham, he scored once (or twice) in a dozen appearances.

So at the end of this long spiel about Hendo, I don’t know whether he was

(a)    A decent young player who didn’t develop enough to make the grade

(b)   A decent young player who development was stifled by Worthington’s failure to give him a chance

(c)    Not good enough

I genuinely don’t know what the answer is. All I know is that he needs a move, he needs to play first team football in his preferred position, up front, for a club a division or two below Norwich to see if he can establish himself. The next season will be crucial to his career. If he doesn’t crack it, this may well be his last season where he gets paid to play.

I wish him well and really hope me makes a success of his new club wherever that may be.

Good write up.I wonder how much the young players are hurt by the weight of expectation, partly drummed up by the club itself.  If you remember, Rossi Jarvis was going to be "our Cesc Fabregas", Ryan Jarvis was an England striker, Hendo/Llewellyn were the next Eadie/O''Neill etc, etc.  And also, when they get on the pitch and aren''t the finished article, the fans do seem to turn on them quickly.  Carrow Road is no place for a young player to learn the trade: look at Gibbs last season.  Two poor games and everyone''s on his back straight away - and this would have been as likely to happen if he''d been "ours".One of the reasons everyone''s so furious about Joe Lewis leaving is the reputation he has, but I wonder how many people have ever seen him play?

Like I have said in another post we are so desperate for kids to come through, that we hype them up and try and compere them with some of other yoots. We have to learn that since this new rule came in, we don''t have a hope in hell of finding a regular influx of players, our catchment are is too small and the poeple are to few.

[quote user="Titanic"]If you think he is bad go and watch Cambridge Utd play, as I did recently, there you will see another bloated ex NCFC player. [/quote]I feel sorry for Cambridge, they signed him on a two year deal..... so he could happily sit there and earn money until the end of next season without being bothered to get fit (if what you say is true).

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Titanic"]If you think he is bad go and watch Cambridge Utd play, as I did recently, there you will see another bloated ex NCFC player. [/quote]

I feel sorry for Cambridge, they signed him on a two year deal..... so he could happily sit there and earn money until the end of next season without being bothered to get fit (if what you say is true).
[/quote]

It is true. I was standing behind the goal which Cambridge were attacking in the second half. Crow was so unfit and over weight it was unbelievable. He moved like an oil tanker. 

Any potential Ian Henderson had, has been damaged by the so called "fans" of this club who regularly booed and groaned whenever he got on the pitch. I for one am ashamed to be associated with them.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Good write up.I wonder how much the young players are hurt by the weight of expectation, partly drummed up by the club itself.  If you remember, Rossi Jarvis was going to be "our Cesc Fabregas", Ryan Jarvis was an England striker, Hendo/Llewellyn were the next Eadie/O''Neill etc, etc.  And also, when they get on the pitch and aren''t the finished article, the fans do seem to turn on them quickly.  Carrow Road is no place for a young player to learn the trade: look at Gibbs last season.  Two poor games and everyone''s on his back straight away - and this would have been as likely to happen if he''d been "ours".One of the reasons everyone''s so furious about Joe Lewis leaving is the reputation he has, but I wonder how many people have ever seen him play?[/quote]I agree with everything that you say, apart from the bit about Chris Llewellyn. He was invaluable for us in the season that he finished top scorer and then went on to be one of the most exciting players in League One for Wrexham, where he had a few opportunities to return to the championship but didn''t want to leave Wales....... he has played for wales four times since leaving Norwich, including as recently as last year when he scored his first goal for wales playing alongside Craig Bellamy. He also scored the goal in 2006/2007 in the last game of the season that saved Wrexham from relegation to the conference. So although Chris Llewellyn never became the next Darren Eadie, I think its unfair to say that he didnt make it in the game, as like I said.... he has saved two clubs from relegation and won some caps for an international team that arent all that bad these days!  He is of course now playing in League Two, but he is 29........ I doubt that Crow, Jarvis and Jarvis and possibly even Martin will still be playing professionally at 29. I do have high hopes for Spillane though who is said to have been great for Luton, which means he should at least be a league one player.Of course, Jarvis and Jarvis, or Martin and Spillane if we release them, could end up being the next Paul Hayes, Ali Gibb or Che Wilson........ who all failed to make the grade at Norwich and all ended up playing in the championship for a couple of years later in their careers......

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Good write up.I wonder how much the young players are hurt by the weight of expectation, partly drummed up by the club itself.  If you remember, Rossi Jarvis was going to be "our Cesc Fabregas", Ryan Jarvis was an England striker, Hendo/Llewellyn were the next Eadie/O''Neill etc, etc.  And also, when they get on the pitch and aren''t the finished article, the fans do seem to turn on them quickly.  Carrow Road is no place for a young player to learn the trade: look at Gibbs last season.  Two poor games and everyone''s on his back straight away - and this would have been as likely to happen if he''d been "ours".One of the reasons everyone''s so furious about Joe Lewis leaving is the reputation he has, but I wonder how many people have ever seen him play?[/quote]I agree with everything that you say, apart from the bit about Chris Llewellyn. He was invaluable for us in the season that he finished top scorer and then went on to be one of the most exciting players in League One for Wrexham, where he had a few opportunities to return to the championship but didn''t want to leave Wales....... he has played for wales four times since leaving Norwich, including as recently as last year when he scored his first goal for wales playing alongside Craig Bellamy. He also scored the goal in 2006/2007 in the last game of the season that saved Wrexham from relegation to the conference. So although Chris Llewellyn never became the next Darren Eadie, I think its unfair to say that he didnt make it in the game, as like I said.... he has saved two clubs from relegation and won some caps for an international team that arent all that bad these days!  He is of course now playing in League Two, but he is 29........ I doubt that Crow, Jarvis and Jarvis and possibly even Martin will still be playing professionally at 29. I do have high hopes for Spillane though who is said to have been great for Luton, which means he should at least be a league one player.Of course, Jarvis and Jarvis, or Martin and Spillane if we release them, could end up being the next Paul Hayes, Ali Gibb or Che Wilson........ who all failed to make the grade at Norwich and all ended up playing in the championship for a couple of years later in their careers......

[/quote]I was thinking more of the abuse llewellyn used to get from the crowd than the fact he was a "failure" - he was a decent young player.  But yes, your points are entirely fair.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Good write up.I wonder how much the young players are hurt by the weight of expectation, partly drummed up by the club itself.  If you remember, Rossi Jarvis was going to be "our Cesc Fabregas", Ryan Jarvis was an England striker, Hendo/Llewellyn were the next Eadie/O''Neill etc, etc.  And also, when they get on the pitch and aren''t the finished article, the fans do seem to turn on them quickly.  Carrow Road is no place for a young player to learn the trade: look at Gibbs last season.  Two poor games and everyone''s on his back straight away - and this would have been as likely to happen if he''d been "ours".One of the reasons everyone''s so furious about Joe Lewis leaving is the reputation he has, but I wonder how many people have ever seen him play?[/quote]I agree with everything that you say, apart from the bit about Chris Llewellyn. He was invaluable for us in the season that he finished top scorer and then went on to be one of the most exciting players in League One for Wrexham, where he had a few opportunities to return to the championship but didn''t want to leave Wales....... he has played for wales four times since leaving Norwich, including as recently as last year when he scored his first goal for wales playing alongside Craig Bellamy. He also scored the goal in 2006/2007 in the last game of the season that saved Wrexham from relegation to the conference. So although Chris Llewellyn never became the next Darren Eadie, I think its unfair to say that he didnt make it in the game, as like I said.... he has saved two clubs from relegation and won some caps for an international team that arent all that bad these days!  He is of course now playing in League Two, but he is 29........ I doubt that Crow, Jarvis and Jarvis and possibly even Martin will still be playing professionally at 29. I do have high hopes for Spillane though who is said to have been great for Luton, which means he should at least be a league one player.Of course, Jarvis and Jarvis, or Martin and Spillane if we release them, could end up being the next Paul Hayes, Ali Gibb or Che Wilson........ who all failed to make the grade at Norwich and all ended up playing in the championship for a couple of years later in their careers......

[/quote]I was thinking more of the abuse llewellyn used to get from the crowd than the fact he was a "failure" - he was a decent young player.  But yes, your points are entirely fair.[/quote]I do recall that abuse a bit...... which in hindsight, even if he turned a little cr*p, was unfair....... considering he probably kept us up that season! it is funny how we hero worship Dion Dublin and cite him as saving us from relegation, hero worship Huckerby as the legend that got us promoted (both deservedly) but many other players can go unnoticed or unappreciated...... for example, Dean Ashtons goals for us in the Premiership season nearly kept us up (we would have been relegated long before the last game of the season without him) yet when he leaves (after first seeing if we would go on a promotion run!) he becomes a money grabbing w*nker.I guess football fans are just fickle. I can remember going down to Carrow Road when they filled the barclay for the filming of that bit that used to be on at the start of match of the day (a sea of yellow a green) just after Mike Walker left. Almost the whole of the stand was signing "Mike Walker is a w*nker, he wears a w*nkers hat, and now hes gone to Everton cos he''s a greedy tw*t......... then two years later he was back as the saviour and the man to get us back up!

If anything tells you about the standard of our youth set-up. Look at the youth team player of the year for the past decade (from the FONCY website). Very few moved on to be come first team regulars.

.Player of the Year

[quote user="Canadian Canary"]

If anything tells you about the standard of our youth set-up. Look at the youth team player of the year for the past decade (from the FONCY website). Very few moved on to be come first team regulars.

.Player of the Year
[/quote]Lewis Blois was quality and was unlucky not to make it....... other than that, exactly! Jason Shackell...... the only one.

[quote user="Canadian Canary"]

.Player of the Year

[/quote]

9 of those players dont even play professionally! It was 4-4-2 magazine who did a report on youth football a few years ago.. only 5% of youth players will ever play professionally... when you consider how many are released as not good enough its a phenomenal number!

I can''t believe the stuff I read on here.

You are all morons (with a couple of exceptions)

You have no ideas. You have no suggestions. The only thing you have is a lack of common sense and lack of reality.

But its my fault for reading this muck!

Bring back real journalism!

Steve.

[quote user="Steve Ritchie"]I can''t believe the stuff I read on here. You are all morons (with a couple of exceptions) You have no ideas. You have no suggestions. The only thing you have is a lack of common sense and lack of reality. But its my fault for reading this muck! Bring back real journalism! Steve.[/quote]

hahah! this post made me laugh!