Sign in to follow this  
ca

Thinking ahead to the 'derby' game

These are the Ipswich midfield players who will be playing for the 4 places against us

Ambrose---Garvan---Norris---Walters  - Quinn - Campo -Shumi -Haynes- Miller

These are our players who will be playing for their 4 places

Bell -  Croft - Patty -  Rusty -  Clinghan -  Hoolahan- Fozzy

Oh Dear [:$]

[quote user="cityangel"]

These are the Ipswich midfield players who will be playing for the 4 places against us

[/quote]Oh bugger![:S]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

That''s not the problem - our midfield / wide players can more than hold their own v theirs particularly if GR will let Hoolahan off the leash and give him a decent run of games to really show what he can do instead of being axed everytime he put''s in a below par shift!

Our problem is we concede soft goals and upfront (Lita apart) we seem to have no-one to put the ball in the back of the net!!

[quote user="jacktungate"]

And up front we have:

Cureton - Lita - Sibierski - Lupoli - Russell?? - Koroma

Counago - Lisbie - Stead - Haynes - Walters - Rhodes

Gulp!

[/quote]

Exactly!

Interesting that many Norwich fans roundly slagged off Stead as being ''useless'' and how Sibierski was ''quality''. I did''nt join that particular debate although I did have reservations about the Frenchman considering his poor scoring record in the Premiership.   

I''m dreading it, although have to say we won''t be going, I haven''t got the heart for another thrashing by our hottest rivals, I will be shocked and amazed if we draw and stunned if we manage a win lol.

[quote user="jacktungate"]

And up front we have:

Cureton - Lita - Sibierski - Lupoli - Russell?? - Koroma

Counago - Lisbie - Stead - Haynes - Walters - Rhodes

Gulp!

[/quote]

Prefer ours to tell you the truth. Lupoli and Lita are better than all of those. Its just that they arent getting the right service from our pathetic midfield.

If I''m honest i sounded alot worse in my head and as I was writing it I thought, hang on this isn''t as bad as I thought.

Cureton will always be up for it especially against the filth.

Lita needs no explanation - Quality

Sibierski isn''t that bad if he could stay on his feet, main problem is we lump long balls to him and he is too lightweight

Lupoli - can''t understand why he is being left out, I really rate him and would like to see him up front with Lita, possibly with Hoolahan behind the front 2.

Russell - should be in midfield - not up front

Koroma - has only had a couple of chances but has looked lively and as if he might have something to offer the team.

Why do fans find the need to be jealous of that lot!

Anyway, the result against them is no forgone conclusion. When Sheffield United came here these were the five players they had assembled to choose from for their forward line.

Henderson - Cotterill - Beattie - Webber - Sharpe.

We won the game and kept a clean sheet.

They have since added Stokes and Dyer to them which does really show you what we are up against in this league. I would really expect them to be promoted but will they?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]looking at that its painfull isnt it, only hoolahan bell and clingan are similar quality, if the game was played on paper we''d get hammered, but it aint so cummon city![/quote]

Hoolahan is NOT quality!! Useless in all of the games I''ve seen him

[quote user="C T"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]looking at that its painfull isnt it, only hoolahan bell and clingan are similar quality, if the game was played on paper we''d get hammered, but it aint so cummon city![/quote]

Hoolahan is NOT quality!! Useless in all of the games I''ve seen him

[/quote]

Far from IMO, he''s been abit hot and cold most weeks but there is without a doubt potential in the lad yet, I think some people are quick to crtitise Hoolahan because of the very high expectations we all had for him before he even kicked a ball for Norwich, give him time and he will come good in the end i''m sure.

it''d help if glenn-da played hooly in his best position every week. he''s a bit like hucks in the mould of someone who drifts in from the left or given a free role behind the front men. not stuck out on the left and told to stay there. but I''m not the manager so I''ll have to wait and see if he "comes good"

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Don''t worry about the individual players; derby games are decided about which side wants it more and who has more passion.

Oh dear

[/quote]

We can agree on that [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

And with garvan doing his usual refereeing duties , Counago and haynes diving all over the place and Norris s******* himself after Saturday we will win 3 -0 at worst