Sign in to follow this  
Rastaman

Doherty Your On Your Own!!!!

Just wondering how Doherty is going to cope at Centre back on his own January??

- Stefanovic out rest of season

- Henville gone back for not being good enough but straight back in Tottenham reserves as captain (and we''re still paying his wages till January, so why not have just kept him)

- Shackell sold willy nilly after having a run of first team games

- Kennedy returning back to Celtic in early January

- Roeder''s said he is not bringing in another centre back.

Sorry Doherty looks like you''ve got your work cut out. Good Luck

[quote user="Rastaman"]

- Henville gone back for not being good enough but straight back in Tottenham reserves as captain (and we''re still paying his wages till January, so why not have just kept him)

[/quote]Given his performances this season, at least he''s trying his best.  He was our best player yesterday, against Burnley and he was solid against Preston too.  Chants of "one Ginger Pele" have even been heard on occasion.  Nice to see he might prove the doubters wrong.

Mr Chops, the Ginger Pele chants come from where I am, the bloke next to me, Neil always starts them. Doc is proving a lot of people wrong and is twice the player he was before - due to not having to play next to Shackell.

I guess Drury will be playing in CH position unless he finds a club to take him out on loan.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Mr Chops, the Ginger Pele chants come from where I am, the bloke next to me, Neil always starts them. Doc is proving a lot of people wrong and is twice the player he was before - due to not having to play next to Shackell.

I guess Drury will be playing in CH position unless he finds a club to take him out on loan.[/quote]Excellent, bring him to the Rosary (Neil, or Doc) and I''ll buy him  a beer.I get really p*ssed off about "fans" who can''t see that Doc''s one of our best players, that he tries 100% and has been the best of a poor bunch this seaon - and they still slate him without seeing him play, or just choose to ignore all the effective stuff he does and focus instead on the one inevitable error every player makes (or ten, if you''re Fozzy/Patty).

He will be ok.......yesterday he was excellent having to do most of it on his own, including playing right wing and midfield in an attempt to get us back in the game........Top Man and a very good and commited player

I will enquire where he lives the next match, Chops, CA and I, and Face were in the Rosary pre match yesterday, but didn''t see you. It was busy though.....

A lot of the anti Doc, or anyone else for that matter, threads are made by people who don''t go to games. Doc might not be pretty, but he''s effective and he obviously puts his heart into playing - if only the others were as dedicated.

[quote user="Rastaman"]

[/quote]

Are we really paying Henville''s wages? Can''t remember seeing anything about that anywhere, do us a favour and post the link will you?

It was in one of the AGM reports. As for Doc, i have been critical of him in the past, but have to admit he looks a different player when he''s not along side Shackell.

I thought that Doc was one of the only ones to come out of the game yesterday with credit. He wore his heart on his sleeve, never gave up and you could see what the game meants to him.

Well Done Doc [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

I thought that Doc was one of the only ones to come out of the game yesterday with credit. He wore his heart on his sleeve, never gave up and you could see what the game meants to him.

[/quote]

Make doc captain every game, he was like a one man team for the last 20 minutes yesterday

Marshall

Semmy   Omosuzi  Doherty Drury

Bell Clingan Russel Hoolahan

Cureton Lupoli

Subs: Nelson, Patty, Croft, Koroma and Troy

Worrying isnt it!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Totally agree, CA - he was our best player yesterday and has been solid since coming back into the team. He''s now looking more solid thanKennedy, who doesn''t look half as good as before his injury.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Oh my God it looks like you have "retired" your San Jose shirt CA.

Watch out Doc you may well have a stalker.

By the way CA ,Hucks and Iwan were drinking in The Nelson Hotel last night with Carl Moore.My wife who knows bugger all about football told me it was Carl Moore as she serves him on a match day at Carrow Road.