Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Roeder is not the problem

I think you''ll find he said the budget had been spent, not that we have no money. The trouble is the budget has been spent on bringing in the loan players who will walk away in the near future leaving us with nothing to show for the outlay. Of course we still have Patterson who must be worth a lot more than the £500,000 we gave Newcastle for him.

What budget he had has been totally wasted.

[quote user="jbghost"]

I think you''ll find he said the budget had been spent, not that we have no money. The trouble is the budget has been spent on bringing in the loan players who will walk away in the near future leaving us with nothing to show for the outlay. Of course we still have Patterson who must be worth a lot more than the £500,000 we gave Newcastle for him.

[/quote]

Maybe but it was a p*** poor budget in the first place, and these loan signing were needed because we couldn''t afford perm signings, so don''t hold that against Roeder because any other manager would have had to do the same thing just to make up the numbers.

Untill this Board is gone we will have the same problem again and again untill we hit league 1 with a bang!

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Maybe but it was a p*** poor budget in the first place, and these loan signing were needed because we couldn''t afford perm signings, so don''t hold that against Roeder because any other manager would have had to do the same thing just to make up the numbers.

Untill this Board is gone we will have the same problem again and again untill we hit league 1 with a bang!

[/quote]Loans are not free. He has wasted loads of money on loans. Waggers even suggested Bertrand''s loan is nearly 1m FFS!! How much for Lita? Roeder has bought this so called ''quality'' in and it''s not happening. It is 100% his fault, his players, his team

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you recently entered a competition for stating the bleedin'' obvious? If so you''re on to a winner pal.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Loans are not free. He has wasted loads of money on loans. Waggers even suggested Bertrand''s loan is nearly 1m FFS!! How much for Lita? Roeder has bought this so called ''quality'' in and it''s not happening. It is 100% his fault, his players, his team
[/quote]

I''m not saying Loans are free, they are merely a cheaper and a shorter term fix, exactly what the Board made GR do, sure you can question how poor his loan signings are but before you do that just consider what other loan signings he could have made?... Also consider how another manager could have done so much better by useing loan signings alone, when loan signings leave you with very few quality players available?....

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you recently entered a competition for stating the bleedin'' obvious? If so you''re on to a winner pal.[/quote]

If it''s so bleedin obvious then why are you and many others venting yout anger out on Roeder before the Norwich City Board?...

It''s not rocket science, if you vent your anger out on the manager alone, then your deflecting attention away from the real problem which is the board! Christ get a grip!

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Loans are not free. He has wasted loads of money on loans. Waggers even suggested Bertrand''s loan is nearly 1m FFS!! How much for Lita? Roeder has bought this so called ''quality'' in and it''s not happening. It is 100% his fault, his players, his team[/quote]

I''m not saying Loans are free, they are merely a cheaper and a shorter term fix, exactly what the Board made GR do, sure you can question how poor his loan signings are but before you do that just consider what other loan signings he could have made?... Also consider how another manager could have done so much better by useing loan signings alone, when loan signings leave you with very few quality players available?....

[/quote]So would you prefer us to spend 500K on loaning Omozusi or spend it on a Perm signing?

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Loans are not free. He has wasted loads of money on loans. Waggers even suggested Bertrand''s loan is nearly 1m FFS!! How much for Lita? Roeder has bought this so called ''quality'' in and it''s not happening. It is 100% his fault, his players, his team
[/quote]

[/quote]

So would you prefer us to spend 500K on loaning Omozusi or spend it on a Perm signing?
[/quote]

500k, 500k would just about cover a players wages for 2 years IF THAT! What are you going to use to buy the player in the first place?

Roeder is part of the problem.   It is his and solely his job to put the squad together to create a system of work/style of play, that ensures more wins than defeats, and to motivate the team.

Has he built a squad that could get promoted?   On the basis of the excellent - yes excellent - performances against Brum and Wolves we do have that squad - even up front where we have better choice than last year but we are not utilising them well.   This is his squad and we are being outperformed by teams with smaller budgets week in week out.

Do we have a clear style of play?  No - we started out playing excellent football and not scoring or winning.  We have moved to a longer ball game with similar results.  We have no idea how to create a chance at the moment and the attacking line up was designed to fail - as I predicted yest.  No team can defend its way to victory esp when that team has no creativity on the park or the bench.  In bell and russell we have 2 players out of position.

Can he motivate the team?  Clearly not for me;  constant team changes (dropping perfroming players such as doc over preferred ones - leaving out the two most consistently creative players in lupoli and hoolahan and wondering why their confidence is shattered,  ditto strikers when he would prefer to play a midfielder up top despite demotivating that player at the same time.

He takes the responsibility for our league position - completley.

As for loanees being the problem - yesterday was by all accounts the most gutless performance of the season.  Yet we only started with 3 loanees and a fourth on the bench who did not make it on to the pitch.  We perform worst each time we have started with just 3 loanees (the lowest number used) - but thats irrelevant - its the shape, tactics and personnel put out that is key - and yesterdays team was picked for failure.   

I''ve been a defender of Roeder''s since his appointment, and am sorry to say that I can''t do it anymore.I actually don''t think most of his signings are poor choices. Bertrand played strongly last season and gives competition for Drury, Lupoli I''ve highly rated since his Arsenal days, Hoolahan was excellent for Bpool last season and I feel a bargain at the price we paid, similar situation with Bell, Omozusi is fair cover for Semmy and highly regarded by many as a future player. Kennedy is also a defender who has bags of quality, and Dejan brings some good experience. Lita is also a top player, particularly at this level.On paper, I feel we''ve got a pretty good squad, in fact I feel it''s one of the better squads in the league.The simple problem has been Roeder''s poor team selections from these available players, and his style of play from them.Apart from Sibierski, NONE of our strikers are target players, or strikers who like the ball crossed in, yet instead of playing to their strengths, we insisted on getting Sibi in as a target player and forcing crosses. Both Croft and Hoolahan like to keep the ball in close and run at defenders, so why as the manager would I instead ask them to keep banging crosses into the box? I''d instead be asking them to run at defenders, then either:A) Have a crack on goalB) Place a calm pass to one of our strikersC) Cut to the byline and hammer a strong ball across the floor in the areaThat way, strikers like Curo and Lupoli would get the balls they rely on to fully perform, we get the best out of the wingers, and we also give their defenders major headaches in trying to deal with our attacking play.A long ball game is never going to suit the squad we have, it needs to be on the floor, passing, possession football. And I actually thought that with Roeder, he''d be looking to get us playing like the Arsenal of the CCC. Instead we''re normally playing like clueless muppets, which is then compounded by poor sub choices and tactics.I''d go with:MarshallSemmyKennedyDejanDruryCroftRussellClinganHoolahanLupoliCuroA combination of strength, pace and passing ability, with strikers that love the ball on the ground and having balls to run onto. Croft and Semmy work really well together on the right, Drury gives more defensive stability that Bertrand, and should things not be going to play, we can always bring on Sibi and Bell, to change the pattern of the game and give new options. To me this is very basic management and I can''t see how a man as experienced as Roeder can''t see it.Sorry Glenn, but the sort of play we''ve seen against teams like Burnley is just making us relegation fodder, and the sooner you make a decent first XI selection, and get them back playing to their main strengths, the better. If not, then please do us a favour and make way for a manager who will do so.

Eh yes he is, his signings have been confusing and his tactics are just plain stupid. He has a hardon for Mark (couldnt even perform in the Scottish 3rd tier) Fotheringham and the players dont respect him. He is as culpable as the board. Burnley wont have an easier game all season, except maybe when they return to Carrow Road.

Top post Indy. Summed up well - except to say Sib is probably not a real striker, but Roeder should have known that. Since his introduction we have gone backwards into hoof and hope (fingers crossed). Our main problem as I see it is a defensive and static midfield with no ideas and no technique - those with creativity are dropped after a handful of games.

Tactics aside, how can any team hope to progress when it''s chopped and changed almost every game - and so many are played out of position? Morale, it''s sunk.

I would send your thoughts to Roeder at Colney, signed one classy fan. lol

Glen Roeder isnt the only problem at our club. But club has got to find a way of getting on a positive footing. The one huge positive this club has is the loyal support it receives and the club has to find away of getting the stadium on home matches behind the team, this would help the team more than any extra qaulity gained from loan players which currently divides fans down the middle.

I believe the loans players give their all, but our best player has probably been Sammy Clingan a free transfer from a team which was playing in the divison below last season, surely there must be some decent young left back''s and centre half''s in the divisions below, we could then have used to cash saved on Bertrand, Kennedy, Omuzusi and Henville to bring in higher qaulity forward players on loan.

Roeder is not perfect, far from it.  But if he goes, who appoints the next one? . . . yeah, exactly

Board out first then the new regime can deal with the manager

Directing our anger at Roeder instead of where it really belongs is - to borrow football jargon - "tactically naive"

-releasing Huckerby

-not signing a proper target man striker necessary in this division in 12 months

-constantly playing people out of position

-giving fotheringham the captaincy

-Bringing in too many loans, leading to loan rotation, no settled side and wasted resources.

-An arrogance where he never admits his mistakes.

-cannot accept creative players will make mistakes (e.g Hucks, Hoolahan)

-Big Ego

-Playing Russel up front, Omozusi depite his constantly dodgy performances.

-A ridiculous back room shake up

I could go on, but im afraid Roeder has a catalogue of errors already, and unless he starts to admit his mistakes; some that are so blatantly obvious the only Roed we are on to is League one.

I accept that a clear-out was a required necessity. Although, at the rate and pace off the clear-out, coupled with the limited finances and lean operating budget (unless it''s for ''off the field projects'' that is). I do think Roeder the Eroder threw the baby out with the bath water.....

We have no real assets in the squad, and those that are of any noticeable quality wouldn''t command a large selling on fee.

We have to cut our cloth accordingly......but, he went a bit awry with the scissors - and has left us with rags and strips that don''t resemble any item of attire that would cover our bare necessities....Too much, too quickly.....Soon to be.....Too late.[:|]

[quote user="Huddy "]

-releasing Huckerby

-not signing a proper target man striker necessary in this division in 12 months

-constantly playing people out of position

-giving fotheringham the captaincy

-Bringing in too many loans, leading to loan rotation, no settled side and wasted resources.

-An arrogance where he never admits his mistakes.

-cannot accept creative players will make mistakes (e.g Hucks, Hoolahan)

-Big Ego

-Playing Russel up front, Omozusi depite his constantly dodgy performances.

-A ridiculous back room shake up

I could go on, but im afraid Roeder has a catalogue of errors already, and unless he starts to admit his mistakes; some that are so blatantly obvious the only Roed we are on to is League one.

[/quote]

Very correct!

It annoys me when everyone keeps going on about the lack of funds as if we''re the only club with these problems!

Yes we need a change of ownership if the club is to move forward but Roeder has proved since January with his many bad decisions that he isn''t the right person for the job!