Sign in to follow this  
Irish canary

Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Finally a really good win, and Roeder played Hoolahan for the whole game, hopefully now he will stick with it now (apart from maybe puttin Lupoli in for Sibierski) & we might put out a stable consistent team that does not change regularly and get some results!! For tonight well done Roeder, and its only one win (a hell of a win) but its great to get that silly optimism back again!! [:P] cant help it! Our team on paper looks too good to be where we are!

OTBC 

[quote user="johnnyryan1970"]

hey there....another irish canary here......so how did u end up supporting the canaries????

[/quote]

Hey, God I thought I was the only one! I just started supporting them when I was young, maybe it was the bright yellow colour or the fact that everyone else supported Liverpool or Man U at the time so I went for someone different! Got some amount of stick over the years. What about you????

didnt notice hollahan even played! But maybe some credit lee croft? He bloody awesomd tonight!

To be honest it was a poor game by Croftys standard tonight, but yeah he is an awesome player, he can take people on for fun, Hoolahan looked good I thought tonight. He was like a little yapper dog at everyones ankle all night long, gave a lot of effort last night, credit to him.

[quote user="we8wba"]didnt notice hollahan even played! But maybe some credit lee croft? He bloody awesomd tonight![/quote]You probably had your head in your hands most of the game as Wes had his best game for us last night, the boy is coming good.

[quote user="we8wba"]didnt notice hollahan even played! But maybe some credit lee croft? He bloody awesomd tonight![/quote]

Did any Wolves player? Both of your goals were dubious. Ebanks Blake "looked" for the pen and blocked Marshall off for the other one.

[quote user="we8wba"]didnt notice hollahan even played! But maybe some credit lee croft? He bloody awesomd tonight![/quote]

If wes gets his way you will not see a lot of him as it seems he has set his mind on a move to wolves in jan.  

[quote user="Irish canary"]

Finally a really good win, and Roeder played Hoolahan for the whole game, hopefully now he will stick with it now (apart from maybe puttin Lupoli in for Sibierski) & we might put out a stable consistent team that does not change regularly and get some results!! For tonight well done Roeder, and its only one win (a hell of a win) but its great to get that silly optimism back again!! [:P] cant help it! Our team on paper looks too good to be where we are!

OTBC 

[/quote]

Was this the first time that both Fotheringham and Pattison didn''t feature all match? In Hoolahan (and Croft) we had players to run at the defence which we''ve missed without Hucks. Hoolahan must keep up the good work and GR must ensure Hoolahan stays. In short he needs to be managed not bossed. (And Chadwick should be recalled in January...). Surely only injuries will persuade GR to tinker with the current line up now?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

If wes gets his way you will not see a lot of him as it seems he has set his mind on a move to wolves in jan.  

[/quote]

Where did you see this or hear this?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Really hope you''re wrong on this

According to a previous thread, a fictitious version of Wes Hoolahan was seen/heard in the Ribs of Beef a few weeks ago disclosing his impending departure to Wolves ( to one person).

However at least three people posted that they were there all night on the night in question and nothing of the sort ever happened. In fact he wasn''t even there.

So it just sounds like a load of rubbish, especially after Roeder''s comments re Wes''s attitude in training being exemplary, hardly a sign that he''s downing tools.

i started supporting them in 1976...i lived in england and a lad called john ryan played for them......and thats my name....and as a 6 yr old kid i thought wow...so that my story!!! followed them ever since...from tipp..where u from

[quote user="johnnyryan1970"]i started supporting them in 1976...i lived in england and a lad called john ryan played for them......and thats my name....and as a 6 yr old kid i thought wow...so that my story!!! followed them ever since...from tipp..where u from[/quote]

Wow, thats a great story johnny. From Tipp eh! very good, from Dublin myself, you have a lot of years supporting them on me mate as I was only born in 81. Been a fan as long as I remember though and have always wore the jersey''s proud, went over to my first match only a few years ago and loved it. So hopefully I can get over to at least one or two matches a season

[quote user="Irish canary"]

[quote user="johnnyryan1970"]i started supporting them in 1976...i lived in england and a lad called john ryan played for them......and thats my name....and as a 6 yr old kid i thought wow...so that my story!!! followed them ever since...from tipp..where u from[/quote]

Wow, thats a great story johnny. From Tipp eh! very good, from Dublin myself, you have a lot of years supporting them on me mate as I was only born in 81. Been a fan as long as I remember though and have always wore the jersey''s proud, went over to my first match only a few years ago and loved it. So hopefully I can get over to at least one or two matches a season

[/quote]

I''m from tipp too and living in Dublin.

I lived with another Norwich supporter in collage in Carlow but went out with an Ipswich supporter in collage too.

[quote user="tippyellow"][quote user="Irish canary"]

[/quote]

I lived with another Norwich supporter in collage in Carlow but went out with an Ipswich supporter in collage too.

Alright tippyellow, Hmm it seems there are a few Irish canaries!! good stuff! any more out there?? Whats your story, how did you come about supporting them?

[/quote]

[quote user="Irish canary"][quote user="tippyellow"][quote user="Irish canary"]

[/quote]

Alright tippyellow, Hmm it seems there are a few Irish canaries!! good stuff! any more out there?? Whats your story, how did you come about supporting them?

[/quote][/quote]

i was fed up of all the liverpool supporters in the early 80''s. i think i saw a match on sports stadium liked the kit and followed them ever since.  

my girlfriend took me to see Norwich and Sunderland game at Carrow road for my birthday a few years ago where we had 1 or 2 shots and won the game one nil. earnie scored.

great day

[quote user="tippyellow"][quote user="Irish canary"][quote user="tippyellow"][quote user="Irish canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

i was fed up of all the liverpool supporters in the early 80''s. i think i saw a match on sports stadium liked the kit and followed them ever since.  

my girlfriend took me to see Norwich and Sunderland game at Carrow road for my birthday a few years ago where we had 1 or 2 shots and won the game one nil. earnie scored.

great day

[/quote]

Thats pretty much the same as myself, my girlfriend also brought me over for my birthday a few years ago aswell for the Norwich & Sheffield Utd game and we won 2-1, Earnie got the winner, it was a brilliant weekend!

you Irish canaries should set up a supporters group.. theres probably more out there who dont post on here... "shamrock Yellows" or something would be a good name..

get a group of you together, get a banner so we can all identify you, and make a jaunt down to Carrow Road!

jas :)

[quote user="tippyellow"]

good idea Jas,

ive looked up before about a supporters club over here but there doesnt seem to be one.

[/quote]

Then start one Tipp, not hard to do, as Jas has said  I''m sure there are a lot of you about but no contact,  

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

you Irish canaries should set up a supporters group.. theres probably more out there who dont post on here... "shamrock Yellows" or something would be a good name..

get a group of you together, get a banner so we can all identify you, and make a jaunt down to Carrow Road!

[/quote]

I like your thinking there Jas. How about this for a banner ( <------ avater) how do you think that would go down at carrow road??! Its pretty noticable anyway!

Could not set it up as a signature so its bigger (dont know how, sorry!)

if u ask poster "rasputin" nicely he will make that as a banner for you.... it looks good! would certainly get u noticed at Carrow road.

lets see the "shamrock Canaries" up and running!

[quote user="tippyellow"][quote user="Irish canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]lol don''t worry my best mate was an ipswich supporter (well 2nd best)at the moment a couple of good mates are stoke and wycombe supporters so I like to wind em up lol.