Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Player ratings

Marshall - 7 - Couldn''t see the goal clearly from where I was sat, so difficult to comment on that. ''Swept up'' some through balls well with his heading ability! 

Omazusi - 5 - Apart from a couple of good recovery tackles, looked very average - poor going forward.

Kennedy - 7 - Was doing a good job until his injury. Any news on that?

Stefanovic - 6 - A poor game by his standards. Also allowed himself to be wound up by the opposition, which belies his experience.

Bertrand - 7 - Poor first half, but improved in the second half. Needs to work on his delivery in the final third.

Pattison - 7 - Actually didn''t do too bad, especially as he played in three different positions. Some wayward passing on occasions, though.

Fotheringham - 4 - How this man is in the side, let alone captain, mystifies me.

Russell - 7 - Have seen him play a lot better; however, just back from a double hernia operation, so understandable that he is a little off the pace.

Hoolahoop - 7 - Got better as the game went on, but he ain''t a ''new hero'' by any stretch of the imagination. How has this club managed to turn one of the best players in the division into an Average Joe within the space of 7 games?

Sibierski - 6 - Showed flashes of class, but was largely anonymous during the game.

Lupoli - 6 - Got caught offside on a number of occasions (but see below re linesman). Should have done better with a chance in the second minute, given his ability.

Subs:

Croft - 7 - Added a bit of spark when he came on for the second half, although that wasn''t difficult, given the way we had played in the first 45. Still lacks that bit of quality with his final delivery.

Cureton - 6 - As ever, tried his very best, but his confidence is shot to pieces, especially after his public mauling by Roeder. Nice bandage, Jamie!

Grounds - 7 - Tried to play football from the back, although some of his passing was wayward. Worryingly for a defender, he didn''t defend that convincingly!

Roeder - 5 - All over the place with his formation and tactics. Looked as if he was making it up as he went along. Had Pattison and Russell playing a number of different positions and put a midfielder in attack when we had an attacker on the bench - how does that work? Also subbed our two most creative players (Hoolahoop and Lupoli) - I know that they weren''t having the best of games, but all you need is one bit of magic, which the likes of Fotheringham is not going to give you in a million years. Tactically, was outdone by a very astute Dowie.

Referee - 3- He and his ''linesmen'' gave some awful decisions, the worst being only a yellow card for a QPR defender who narrowly missed breaking the jaw one of our players (Russell, I think) when he led with his elbow in a header. Also the lino consistently flagged for offside against Lupoil when he was 5-10 yards behind play! 

All in all, a dismal performance, which showed that our team is not that good, especially when it comes to breaking down stubbornly defensive opposition.

Absolutley no one deserved a 7 out there tonight, let alone a 6, lower them all by about 2 points then you''ve got it. We looked about as sharp as a spoon tonight, not one person broke through their holding midfielder let alone getting into the QPR back 4. Then the ball would go out to the wings, who then delivered some poor excuse for a cross which would be beaten away by the QPR defence. The refs were terrible and I too was suprised Roeder was out done tactically by Dowie.

Pretty much agree with those marks Link, until we get to Russell 7 Fotheringham 4! They are either both 4 or both 7. However, if Omazusi was really a 5 then I would mark them six to one and half a dozen to the other.[;)]

Marshall - 4 - You can''t win games if your keeper lets in goals like

that. Simple as. Should have saved it, was very frustrating in the 2nd

half as well.

Ozomuzi - 4 - 0.00000001 effectiveness offensively wise, and wasn''t

that good defensively either. Struggled to cope defensively and was

beaten a fair few times. What happened to Semmy?Kennedy - 7 - I like him. Played well. Might have made a few boo boo''s I couldn''t tell from where I was sitting. Looked solid in the 2nd half.Stefan - 6 - He played well still but he made a few errors (gave away the silly free-kick) and was getting worked up a bit.Betrand - 7 - Solid again. Nothing really gets past him and he gives a lot going forward. Not the best crossing but made up numbers when it mattered and that was important.Fozzy - 3 - Awful. From his lack of effort, to his stupidiness at the free-kick, to his awful and slow touch and passing to his backing off at every run QPR had, it had to be one of the worst perforances by a player since Kieran Gibbs. I guess I was on his case to early but the free-kick just made me justified I think.Russell - 5 - Ineffective. Loads of effort but nothing to show. Why he was playing upfront I don''t know. We might as well have just took him off really, waste of time.Patty - 6 - Ok but not great. Better down the right than anything. He didn''t put much defensive effort in and looked as though he was struggling late on. Oh and when you''re playing left wing, play left wing, don''t stand in the centre of midfield and just let QPR break everytime through the massive gap in the middle (unless that was roeders wonderful idea).Hoolahan - 5 - Nothing. Simple as. Created nothing, gave nothing, no tackles, no defending. Out of position a lot of the time. I feel for him because it just didn''t quite click for him last night. An inch either way and he might have been sitting pretty. Trouble is it didn''t happen, and I still feel bad for big-ing him up so much pre-season.Lupoli - 8 - Well I can only rate the first half (stupid roeder) and I thought he was superb. Never gave up, made some really good runs. Tackled, got involved and on another night might have grabbed a goal. Offside once or twice but not his fault (see fozzy''s slow passing)Sibierski - 6 - Tried but got nothing. Little service and isolated in the 2nd half. He looked classy on the ball when he got it. Was offside more often than Lupoli (see above) but I don''t think he can blame himself for us losing.Subs:Croft - 4- Waste of timeGrounds - 7 - Very good and stylish. Took it forward and gave it some. Promising, we''ll have to see how this young guy goesCureton - 5 - Waste of time, he''s not sibierski, he''s not lupoli and the sooner our players manage to work that out the sooner we might be able to grab goals off of the bench. I don''t hold much hope though.Roeder got his tactics wrong. We missed clingan awfully. Ozomuzi didn''t work for us and taking lupoli off killed any chance we had of winning the game. There was no midfield effort like against Birmingham. By giving QPR the soft goal we really shot ourselves in the foot and made it even harder to get anything out of this game. He should be dispointed.Lastly, I wonder where all the fans calling for more firepower are. I told them time and again last season it''s not all on the strikers shoulders. The midfield have to provide and they didn''t yesterday and so we didn''t score. It''s not rocket science. Anyway there is no justification in booing jamie when he comes on. Hang your heads in shame.... again.....again....

Marshall   6   Solid, don''t think can be blamed for goal. Distributed quickly, commanding. But little to do

OImozusi   5   Poor. Uncomposed, sloppy, unconvincing. No better than Otsemobor on that showing, not convinced by all the loans.

Bertrand   6   Generally Sound.

Kennedy   6   Sold enough, although a couple of dodgy moments, one that nearly lead toi a qpr 2nd straght away.

Stefanovic   5   Couldnt get near Blackstock. Dissapointing

Patterson   6   Did Ok, but agenerous 6 really. Lacks quality and asses sideways then back.

Russel   5   Was he playing? enugh said.

Fotheringham   5   More involved than russel Unfortuantely, no creativity, sloppy on the ball. Woeful.

Hoolahan 5/7   Ineffective first half when he was too slow on the ball, 2nd half looked like he was beginning to make things happen...then subbed...strange.

Sibierski   6  Showed the odd touch but quiet, perhaps should have had agoal "he puts them away in training every time"= GR!!

Lupoli   6   lively enough when he got it, but all too  rare occurences.

-----

Croft    6   Generous. Headless Chicken Syndrome, and his crosseswere more of a worry for the Barclay Stand.

Cureton   Didnt get a touch

Grounds   6   Did ok...tried to play football from the back...though a little bit worrying at times under pressure at the back.

Good set of ratings Fellas but I stand by what I said to Link, Fotheringham was no worse than Russell in the midfield last night and they both put in a better performance than Ozomuzi (who I spell differently every time I post!) Sometimes, when the team aren''t playing well the player you continually notice is the one who is making most effort to put things right. I didn''t notice Russell in the midfield 1st half.

Your last point about goals from the midfield is spot on. In fact read that as defence and midfield. Stefanovic and Kennedy have looked less likely to score from set pieces than Doherty and Shackell. Crofts strike rate of 1/46 last season doesn''t look like being improved upon. Ditto Fotheringham. Hoolahan  hasn''t looked like scoring yet. Only Russell(not last night) and Pattison(I think he will score a few when he breaks his duck) really look dangerous from the midfield.

I dont think any players can really hold their head up high after that performance.

playing against 10 men, ok they scored 1 from a freekick but still had 2 other very good chances to score before half time.

we never looked liked scoring, and why did some of the barclay start booing the ref after the freekick. Firstly it was a freekick, secondly it was handball and thirdly you cant charge down a direct freekick. every decision has to go Norwich''s way or they all hate the ref!!

Marshall - 5 - had a bad day, but we can allow that once in a while, but lets be honest...he has saved us more times than he should have. I really rate him, but was poor.Omazusi - 4 - Woeful. No desire to get forward at all until the last 2 minutes. Not great defensively either, bring back semi!!!!Kennedy - 7 - Really like the look of him, him and stefanovic look good together, hopefully his injury isnt too bad.Stefanovic - 6 - Lucky to stay on the pitch towards the end, that would have really put the iceing onto the already iced up cake.Bertrand - 5 - As OmazusiPattison - 8 - One of the few players if any who can can actually walk away from yesterdays game knowing he played well, defo getting better.Fozzy aka Captain Marvel (not) a minus 9 - Awful player, awful passing, awful tackling, awful headering, has about as much presence in the midfield as a wet paper bag would have. Shocking choice of captain too. Why does he need 4+ touches everytime he gets the ball, and why does he do the same negative 5-10 yard pass backwards !!! should be dropped and captaincy given to Stefanovic.Russell - 7 - played well considering what hes been through recently.Hoolahan - 6.5 - Probably a 7 if he would have stayed on the pitch longer, good choice to take him off though, useless against physical oposition.Lupoli - 6 - same as HoolahanSibierski - 7 - Right, this realllly anoyed me yesterday.... We finally bring the player GR has been after for yonks, and we play the football like we still have Cureton upfront ! I can remember one half decent ball played to him in the 1st half, he shot and it was blocked, looks goalbound from where i was. No service what so ever, the full backs and wingers to blame there, not getting the ball in soon enough. He shown some neat touches and good all round performance, but a frustrating night for him... largely down to the awfull players around him.Subs ..... Croft -5 - Looking worse and worse, soo lightweight. A big time confidence player too.Cureton - 1 - No movement what so ever, wasnt on for long, but even so, shocking performances at the moment. WHY DOESNT HE MOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!Grounds - 6 - OKReferee and Friends.. - too whistle happy and a total idiot.Glenn Roader.......... cant knock the mans knowledge or the players he brought in etc. its down to the players, and he i feell he needs to come out and publicly slate the individuals who where awfull. starting with captain marvel, god i hate him.

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]

Pattison - 8 - One of the few players if any who can can actually walk away from yesterdays game knowing he played well, defo getting better.

[/quote]

How did Fatty Patty get an eight, he refused to shoot when it was clear and the only time he did shoot it went harmlessly wide, not putting the keeper under enough pressure. his free kicks were poor hardly any of his corners got past the first man.

I am sorry but at most he got a 5 at best. He was not the player he was against plym.

Marshall - 4  He was 3 feet away from his right hand post, and somehow the ball went between them.  For the way the player shaped up to take it, there was only one place he could put it to score and he put it there, Hoolahan actually noticed discussions between QPR players and told Marshall that it was going to be hit along the floor!

Omazusi - 3 Got forward with Croft in second half, which is the only positive thing.  His defending, positioning is substandard, yet Roeder is in love with him, and is one of the 1st names on the team sheet.  With Croft in 2nd half, got forward as I said, but never wanted the ball and when he did he had to offload asap.

Kennedy - 7 Pity he might be injured, I like him and  think he could be a good signing if we manage to make it permanent, though a Scotland call-up could put his price up a bit too far for us.  A couple of sloppy moments in 1st half but was more composed than Stef.  Doesn''t look like he will win a header in opposition penalty area, let alone score.

Stefanovic - 6 Somehow man of match, looked rattled by Blackstock and hardly won a header against him all game.  Other general play was fine though though not awe inspiring, especially from offensive set plays but looks more threatening than Kennedy with them.

Bertrand -7 My personal man of match, didn''t stop trying and got into some very good crossing positions at the end, but unfortunately none paid off.  Didn''t let much get past him defensively and was always eager to help on left hand side going forward.  A vewry good engine.  A great little back flick into Ladesma''s side when he dived and was laying on floor!

Hoolahan - 4 I really don''t like him, he promised so much with what everyone has said and for the 6th league match running, has done nothing.  Didn''t get involved in 1st half, when he did get the ball, he gave it away.  In 2nd half, he showed a few neat moves and nice touches, then got subbed during his best spell of game.

Fozzy - 5 I didn''t think he was as terrible as others, he always wanted the ball, just a pity that whenever he got it, he passed it sideways or backwards.  He got into many shooting positions outside the box and not once did he shoot.  He never got into box to help forwards either.  He got stuck in as he usually does.  He really isn''t good enough for us and is a squad player at best.  One of the worst thing Roeder has ever done was make him captain.  You never know, he might prove us all wrong.

Russell - 4 After a bit of a scuffed effort on goal in 1st half, the only thing I remember him doing was going up front for a bit, and then that was it again.  Got a few tackles in, but thats what we expect form him.  A pity, because I''ve always liked him.

Pattison - 5 After some brilliant games of late, a poor showing.  A couple of poor efforts at goal in 1st half, and that shot his confidence to pieces.  He got into some great shoting positions in 2nd half, but preferred to play it wide instead, every single time, but then didn''t get in area to help out.  Got a few tackles in, saw a bit of the ball, but nothing penetrating.

Lupoli - 4 I believe he got taken off because of his arguments with the linesman and referee.  Every time he has been booked this season so far has been for dissent.  If he spent more time thinking about the game, than diving and having a go at referees, he would be a better player.  Didn''t do anything of note apart from hassle defenders which is one of the main parts of his game.

Sibierski - 4 Had a great shot brilliantly charged down in 1st half.  Before and after that, he did absolutely nothing.  Couldn''t win a header but fair play to the back 4 of QPR who were excellent.  He didn''t link up with anyone around him and was caught offside a couple too many times.

------------------------

Croft - 6 Worked very hard, and almost single handedly raised the tempo of the game.  Pity about some of his crosses, but then a lack of bodies getting into the box, hardly helped matters.

Cureton - 5 As per usual, he has the enthusiasm, but can''t do it.  Maybe it''s his confidence, I don''t know.

Grounds - 5 Looks very confident, but almost got himself into trouble a couple of times with wayward passing.  Looks like he could be quite a decent player in the future.

-------------------------

Roeder - 5 Obviously he can''t do much about the players not performing.  Lupoli sub I believe was forced, just to stop him being sent off, Kennedy was forced due to injury.  When Cureton cameon, I thought Komora should have been given a go.  He si very slightly taller than Cureton but he is a fair bit quicker.  Could have brought a different dimension to our stagnant attack.  I bet he and Harry wish he never came here now.  He came, expecting games, and has got next to nothing, especially at home, where his only run out was in the 89th minute against Blackpool.

Referee - 3 The sending off was a certainty, and anything else would have got him the sack.  The player even walked off the pitch until Dowie told him to go back on, to then see the ref raise the red.  He let Ladesma get away with dive after dive and gave a freekick every time.  Missed elbows on Russell and Cureton.  Was right with the re-taken freekicks though (but shouldn''t have been a freekick in 1st place), a handball by Pattison and then Fozzy encroaching nearly half way to the ball, then having the gall to moan about it.  The linesmen didn''t help matters and seemed wrongly placed when it came to giving offsides.     

i disagree that he ''refused to shoot''..infact he was the only one willing to shoot, trouble was when there was space to shoot, it was on his woeful right foot...im not a pattison fan but last night he had to be one of the ''one or two players that had a good game'' according to roeder, the other presumbly either bertrand or kennedy, the midfield was completely out ran and muscled last night, and omuzuzi, goodness me where is semmy?!

Last night was appalling - disjointed at the back,  lack of energy in midfield and even less up front combined with bizarre subs meant a bad night at the office all round...

Marshall  6 - confusion with central defenders and poor wall,  but also commanded area at times - a real mixed bag. 

Omosuzi 6 Defended well but did not get forward as often as Otsemebor

Stefanovic 6 Awful for first 15 mins but steadily improved.  Still not commanding as he has been

Kennedy 5 Stefanovic in reverse;  impressive for first 15 mins but fell apart... nearly gifted QPR second goal when did not deal with a ball near 6 yard box and was not his only mistake.

Betrand 6 - worst game for city?  still classy but not his usuall high standard

Patty 5 - failed at right flank, left flank and central - a new record?  Surely time to give Chadwick a go

Fozzy 5 No bite and poor passing - bring back clingan

Russell 5 - no bite, poor movement and no presence going forward.

Hoolahoop 6 only midfielder to run at QPR but too often down blind alleys.

Lupoli 6 - offered movement and most likely goal threat.

Sib 5 - poor movement and just one forceful effort in first half but beyond that and a couple of theatrical huckerby like dives was unimpressive.

Subs

Croft - 5 Mr Blind Alley - if he could cross we could be a winger;  to be fair at the death he finally put his best cross in for 2 seasons.

Jamei Papa Smurf Cureton 5 - was it a smurf hat or a condom? Is jamie Practiing safe goal netting - offering no threat to teh goal in case the net breaks? 

Grounds 6 Seemed OK and most comfortable with the ball at his feet;  want to see more...

Subs - why take of lupoli and intruduce a midfielder when we have 2 strikers on the bench;  the midfield were creating nothing and needed changing yet he changed the attack who had no service or chances.   

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good set of ratings Fellas but I stand by what I said to Link, Fotheringham was no worse than Russell in the midfield last night and they both put in a better performance than Ozomuzi (who I spell differently every time I post!) Sometimes, when the team aren''t playing well the player you continually notice is the one who is making most effort to put things right. I didn''t notice Russell in the midfield 1st half.

Your last point about goals from the midfield is spot on. In fact read that as defence and midfield. Stefanovic and Kennedy have looked less likely to score from set pieces than Doherty and Shackell. Crofts strike rate of 1/46 last season doesn''t look like being improved upon. Ditto Fotheringham. Hoolahan  hasn''t looked like scoring yet. Only Russell(not last night) and Pattison(I think he will score a few when he breaks his duck) really look dangerous from the midfield.

[/quote]Thank you Nutty. Fozzy wise, I think you are right. I thought the whole reason we played so poorly today was that we lost the midfield battle. Unlike birmingham where we went with 5 in the middle and swamped them, we went with 4 and two central players that looked either uninterested or very jaded. I think the reason I gave fozzy a lower rating was because he was part of the reason we conceeded (although not the main culprit) and because at times in the second half he just didn''t seem to care. His corners were poor and he made few runs into the box, and on those that he did, he never bothered to take a risk and go, maybe thats why I thought russell gave that bit extra despite not looking his usual self. In my eyes the two big problems we had yesterday was:1. The midfield - we missed clingan very badly. He played superb against Brum and was with Betrand my star player of that game. We missed his running, tackles but more importantly his happy-go-lucky take on the midfield role he had against Birmingham. None of the midfielders yesterday wanted to break the game line.2. Semmy - Ozomuzi might be better defensively but does nothing going forward. That''s a problem, especially considering QPR were playing with two big bruisers in the centre of midfield. Semmy makes the wingers think "If I don''t get this ball and he does, I''m in trouble". His pace really helped bring the best out of pattison and I''m not surprised pattison had a weaker game with Ozumizi behind him.And lastly, I''ve said it all long, we have no goal scorers in the midfield. That was my big reason why we should have kept Hux. Because he could come on and grab a goal. Croft is never gonna grab a goal off of the bench. The only goal I can remember him scoring was against 10 man Barnsley 2 years ago. Fozzy doesn''t score, Pattison doesn''t score, Russell is not in full fitness and Hoolahan is struggling. Where are the goals gonna come from. Dejan hasn''t been as good in the air as I hoped and Kennedy (who does look like a threat) doesn''t get jack good corners. We are gonna rely on Sibierski, Lupoli and dare I say it Cureton to score goals. If anything Cureton the most. Coming off the bench he could grab some for us, and it doesn''t help the crowd boo-ing him and the players not giving our strikers service. It was painful seeing Cureton and Sibierski get isolated upfront last night, probably more painful than anything else. We could have played for 900 minutes and I don''t think we would have scored and that''s a recurring theme even though we have brought new strikers in.

Isn''t football a great game.  Everyone sees everything differently.

Some have said that Bertie was man of the match, some say he was rubbish. Some gave Hooly a 7 or 8, some say he was rubbish. Patty was great, Patty shouldn''t be on the park, Lupi was rubbish, Stef was rubbish, Sibs was great, Jamie was robbed etc etc etc

Does it depend on your view, of Roeder, or from your seat? Do you never criticise your favourite, once a Rusty fan always a Rusty fan?

The one thing we can agree on is that we''ll never agree on anything............................... Oh, except Fozzy was rubbish[;)]

I would say that Norwich were at 6''s and 7''s but they weren''t!!!

4''s and 5''s all round with the exception of Fotheringham who gets a lucky 3

Marshall - 7 - kept the score down when we should have been 3-0 down by half time against ten men

Omozusi - 5 - Time for Otsemobor

Kennedy - 6 - Best of a bad back four

Stefanovic - 5 - Sub standard

Bertrand - 6 - Not helped by Hula Hoop''s insistence on running inside at every opportunity

Pattison - 6 - apart from five minutes in the 2nd half when he was minus eight

Fotheringham - 4 - Please somebody bid some money for him so we can get rid.  Backwards, sideways, four touches, no urgency or pace to his game at all.

Russell - 5 - Equally poor, tried hard as always but off his game

Hoolahoop - 6 - Seemed to spend most of his time on his arse

Sibierski - 6 - some lovely touches to hold it up but underused (and hoofed to)

Lupoli - 5.5 - has been taking tips from Cureton on running offside

Subs:

Croft - 5 - FFS! HUFF AND PUFF BUT NO END PRODUCT FROM THE FAT MANCUNIAN ROBBIE WILLIAMS LOOKALIKE.  One good cross, to be fair.

Cureton - 5 - Bless him.  Looked like the mummy, played like a mummy.

Grounds - 6 - Could be decent, time will tell.

Overall - 5 - created nothing, very disappointing.

Cant be bothered to mention the awful players. But I''ll mention the ones who I considered not to be completely useless yesterday.

Kennedy - Before he got injured was not too bad, didn''t make any major mistakes and defended fairly well.

Bertrand - Left to defend and attack the whole of the left side all on his own, with Hoolahan playing centre/right midfield. On that basis, the fact he wasn''t ripped apart and played some decent attacking football gives him no reason to be slated.

Pattison - In my opinion he had a few excellent moments and seemed to finally be able to pass a ball! first half I was very impressed with him. Seemed to have gained confidence aswell and was allways looking to make things happen. I think people are judging his performance fairly harshly, yes he filtered out totally second half, but his first half performance was greater than the majority of our players for the whole game.

Lupoli - as somebody else said. The chance of getting anything from the game was killed when he was brought off. Looked the only attacking threat. Looking to create opportunities and looked lively. Couldn;t believe he got brought off.

I disagree about what everyone was saying about the lino. I actualy think he got all decisions correctly with the exception of one tight one which could have gone either way.

I sat in Jarrold stand about half way between half way line and N and P. I think most fans seem to either not understand the offside rule, or are totally biased!   

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Fotheringham - 4 - Please somebody bid some money for him so we can get rid.  Backwards, sideways, four touches, no urgency or pace to his game at all.

Russell - 5 - Equally poor, tried hard as always but off his game

[/quote]

Russell 4 then?