Sign in to follow this  
the stump

hoolahan??

iam interested to know other peoples verdict on this player so far i know its early days but ive been disapointed with him looks a bit lightweight and seems to give the ball away quite a bit.iam sure hes a reasonable player hopefully the best is yet to come??

I thought he was playing ok until his spat with Roeder, his form has gone down hill since then in my  opinion 

[quote user="jimbob"]I thought he was playing ok until his spat with Roeder, his form has gone down hill since then in my  opinion [/quote]

Expect a manager to magically "discover" if Hoolahan has a buy out clause in January then... lol

jas :)

Ive only seen norwich once this season due to playing cricket and the game i saw was coventry away and i thought he looked excellent he looked really skillful so what has happened?

If he''d stick to one bloody position then perhaps I''d make a better judgement but at the moment he''s all over the pitch and is way off being a "new hero". Personally, I think this is down to Roeder''s poor tactics.

[quote user="Dionysus"]If he''d stick to one bloody position then perhaps I''d make a better judgement but at the moment he''s all over the pitch and is way off being a "new hero". Personally, I think this is down to Roeder''s poor tactics.[/quote]

That my opinion to, hes never on the left wing which is where I thought we signed him for.

There is more to come I think;  he is a tricky player and vastly superior to say croft;  extremely one footed though which limits his options;  lightweight yes and in recent games has conceeded possession too easily;   want to see him be more aggressive;  more than once he could have gone to the by line having beaten the QPR full back but cut inside on to his weaker foot;  there are only so many tiomes you can successfull pass accurately with the outside of your boot.

Not a new hux;  but while I find his lack of positional discipline frustrating feel he has shown enough to improve and become  a decent buy

[quote user="the stump"]iam interested to know other peoples verdict on this player so far i know its early days but ive been disapointed with him looks a bit lightweight and seems to give the ball away quite a bit.iam sure hes a reasonable player hopefully the best is yet to come??[/quote] I have a feeling that he is struggling to settle and wont be here long

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

There is more to come I think;  he is a tricky player and vastly superior to say croft;  extremely one footed though which limits his options;  lightweight yes and in recent games has conceeded possession too easily;   want to see him be more aggressive;  more than once he could have gone to the by line having beaten the QPR full back but cut inside on to his weaker foot;  there are only so many tiomes you can successfull pass accurately with the outside of your boot.

Not a new hux;  but while I find his lack of positional discipline frustrating feel he has shown enough to improve and become  a decent buy

[/quote]Sorry Zip but this kind of rational thinking is going to get you nowhere.  We all know that after not being top of his game so early in the season he be sold and never seen in a City shirt again.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Sorry Zip but this kind of rational thinking is going to get you nowhere.  We all know that after not being top of his game so early in the season he be sold and never seen in a City shirt again.
[/quote]

in my head (never to be voiced) the chant was going ''you''re just a s*** Paul McVeigh'' on Wednesday

His decline in performance does seem to date to his spat with GR.He is capable of match winning performances - he tore us apart last season, - admittedly not too difficult, and he has done the same to other sides. Hence our interest pre-season and eventual transfer.Is there any other reason why he seems to be under-performing? We do seem to have a little more long ball since Sibi arrived - worked with Lupo''s goal. Perhaps this does not suit his game. On Wednesday even GR remarked that the physical and quick closing down by QPR  made our players less mobile. Perhaps our players are no longer finding gaps into which Hooly can pass.

I''ve seen him play twice now and he doesn''t know what left wing means. he does seem to loose the ball quite often and he as yet hasn''t shown the skill of our long missed hucks.