Sign in to follow this  
FU MAN SHOE

Wave your scarves

One thousand scarves giveaway for early birds at the game tomorrow...what''s that all about?

Isn''t there going to be enough green and yellow ?  Are we going to have a Kop style rendition of ''You''ll never walk alone''?

Is it going to be a bit cold? ...or Is this just a nice gesture by the club at the start of the season?

I didn''t get the full story but what are your thoughts?

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]it would look great if it was 24,000 instead of 1,000 but o well lol[/quote]

Didn''t they do something more substantial like this at Newcastle last season (or perhaps the season before), where virtually the whole crowd had one?

[quote user="Dom."]It''s actuallly ten thousand according to the O/S
[/quote]

Sorry! and thanks for the correction...10, 000 being waved in unison will make a good sight and should add to the ''12th man'' effect on the team.

[quote]

Sorry! and thanks for the correction...10, 000 being waved in unison will make a good sight and should add to the ''12th man'' effect on the team.

[/quote]Wouldn''t a pissed up Delia be more cost effective?

Mmmmm...10,000 scarves tied together could make a nice colourful group lynching.....

Absolutely brilliant... I hope the River End and the South Stand respond......... There is a solid block in the middle of the River End who have a "dress" code which involves them wearing suits and not Green & Yellow... I hope they respond to the scarves. On the Ball City! Wish like Hell I was going to be there but at least my wife and two of my sons will be cheering the boys on. Come on you Yellas!

so all the happy clappy "casuals" can have something showing "their clubs colours" even though they have only jumped on the bandwagon in recent years....

Take that "lee Evans" bloke who''s mug is plastered on the fixture list the club sent with the season tickets.. says he has been a Norwich fan for 8 years.. which isnt that impressive when you consider he looks in his 30''s....

This is the sort fo fan teh club wants... the "Young urban professionals" who are more spectators than fans, have a little bit of money to spend, dont really care if we win or lose, they go to football to be fashionable.... why cant they buy a scarf in the club shop?

ive got 9 Norwich City scarves at home.. all but 2 of them have benefited the club financially.... but then freebies will boost the clubs coffer considerably and keep the yuppies in the jarrold happy.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so all the happy clappy "casuals" can have something showing "their clubs colours" even though they have only jumped on the bandwagon in recent years....

Take that "lee Evans" bloke who''s mug is plastered on the fixture list the club sent with the season tickets.. says he has been a Norwich fan for 8 years.. which isnt that impressive when you consider he looks in his 30''s....

This is the sort fo fan teh club wants... the "Young urban professionals" who are more spectators than fans, have a little bit of money to spend, dont really care if we win or lose, they go to football to be fashionable.... why cant they buy a scarf in the club shop?

ive got 9 Norwich City scarves at home.. all but 2 of them have benefited the club financially.... but then freebies will boost the clubs coffer considerably and keep the yuppies in the jarrold happy.

jas :)

[/quote]

In fairness to him at least he does support the club (or says he does anyway). Afterall you don''t nessessarily have to be a fan since early childhood. Perhaps hes only recently got into football? But I do know what you mean.

We''re used to freebies don''t forget - look at the team. Plenty seem to be happy with that.[:(]

[quote user="Roed 2 Rouen"]

Isn''t there going to be enough green and yellow ?  Are we going to have a Kop style rendition of ''You''ll never walk alone''?

[/quote]Where I sit, it''s more like "you''ll always sing alone".  Should look nice but what an empty gesture.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

I don''t want a free scarf, I want the club to explain the details of the Cullum saga or where this new investment has gone.

Anyone else feel the same?

[/quote]Yes.Maybe the free scarves will be a limited edition "NCFC Bayeux Tapestry" featuring a picture of a man in a bowler hat with a wheelbarrow full of cash getting kicked up the ar$e by a portly chef and her entourage.  Two birds, one stone and all that.

[quote user="Bobert"]Absolutely brilliant... I hope the River End and the South Stand respond......... There is a solid block in the middle of the River End who have a "dress" code which involves them wearing suits and not Green & Yellow... I hope they respond to the scarves. On the Ball City! Wish like Hell I was going to be there but at least my wife and two of my sons will be cheering the boys on. Come on you Yellas![/quote][:O]That''s not true! I sit in the river end and always wear my colours, all be them away colours, and my yellow and green scarf! Although everyone around just sits like they''re at the cinema.

I suppose its a slight improvement on the pieces of paper with the words to On The Ball City printed on the back for those who still don''t know them. At least holding something up with both hands stops people being able to clap and so cheering and shouting may actually happen. Unlikely but you never know [:P]

It will be interesting to see how early those who are fond of freebies arrive. Will their be 10,000 people in the ground by 2pm? I shall arrive at my normal time of around 2.30pm having had a couple of beers in the Queen of the Iceni.

I can''t imagine too many people know about this. It''s only on the O/S and hidden away in one of the articles, I doubt people will be there too early.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]I suppose its a slight improvement on the pieces of paper with the words to On The Ball City printed on the back for those who still don''t know them. At least holding something up with both hands stops people being able to clap and so cheering and shouting may actually happen. Unlikely but you never know [:P]
[/quote]

The scarves are made out of paper.......Toilet paper, to be precise.[:P]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]I suppose its a slight improvement on the pieces of paper with the words to On The Ball City printed on the back for those who still don''t know them. At least holding something up with both hands stops people being able to clap and so cheering and shouting may actually happen. Unlikely but you never know [:P][/quote]

The scarves are made out of paper.......Toilet paper, to be precise.[:P]

[/quote]Why would that not be much of a surprise...I personally think Delia has knitted them all by hand in the last week to show how committed she is to her little football club [:D]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

I don''t want a free scarf, I want the club to explain the details of the Cullum saga or where this new investment has gone.

[/quote]Yes.Maybe the free scarves will be a limited edition "NCFC Bayeux Tapestry" featuring a picture of a man in a bowler hat with a wheelbarrow full of cash getting kicked up the ar$e by a portly chef and her entourage.  Two birds, one stone and all that.

[/quote]Did you know, contrary to popular belief, Harold was not hit in the eye by an arrow, but actually chopped through the knees by a sword. So there.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[/quote]

Me too .....in fact I will by a new scarf if the money was to be used solely for buying players........obviously not just the money from one scarf .................you know what I mean !

Otherwise that would just be carrying on with the current budget !

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[/quote]Did you know, contrary to popular belief, Harold was not hit in the eye by an arrow, but actually chopped through the knees by a sword. So there.[/quote]Maybe he got one in the eye while trying to find his ankles.