Sign in to follow this  
mighty yellow

Overheard a Coventry fan outside the ground...

Well my dad did anyway.He said that anyone who takes 3 points off Norwich this season should be very pleased with themselves. I don''t think many people would have been saying this last year...

I was chatting to a fan on the way back to the car park and he couldn''t believe they''d beaten us.

I heard a Cov fan say that he thought Cov were going to win as he had seen no signings of any player over 2 million. Well I done what all hard Norwich fans do, I carried on walking on my own as he was in a big Cov group.

I sat with a load a Cov fans today and they were all convinced they were in for an easy win. They were shocked at how we ripped them apart, especially in the first half.

All of them were complimentary, on the lines of "Norwich always play good football"

but compliments aint enough, that was a victory for the taking and at times, we defeated ourselves.

[quote user="rascal"]

I sat with a load a Cov fans today and they were all convinced they were in for an easy win. They were shocked at how we ripped them apart, especially in the first half.

All of them were complimentary, on the lines of "Norwich always play good football"

but compliments aint enough, that was a victory for the taking and at times, we defeated ourselves.

[/quote]

And that''s the point. Roeder said a while ago there''s a need for NCFC to get nasty when it''s needed. Listening to the radio commentary today, it seemed we wanted to walk the ball into the net at times. Are we shot shy or something? Perhaps it''s shooting practice we need on the training ground not a target man. I''m not so sure about a target man anyway. Yes some big physical presence but some proven goal scorer who is not afraid to have a go 

Im glad we played well.Im glad the coventry fan was sympathetic and encouraging.But neither of those things will matter a jot if we cant put points on the board.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Im glad we played well.Im glad the coventry fan was sympathetic and encouraging.But neither of those things will matter a jot if we cant put points on the board.[/quote]I don''t think the fan was being sympathetic. I think he was being realistic to both his own teams shortcomings, and our ability. Again I ask, were you there today? I am not trying to lord it over you, I am just intrigued as to whether someone who saw the game could appear to have such a negative opinion of the performance.

[quote user="rascal"]

I sat with a load a Cov fans today and they were all convinced they were in for an easy win.

[/quote]

I can''t imagine why, considering they finished below us last season. 

This is a difficult one.  I''ve been on sites that say Norwich fans were convinced they were going to lose(and even place nearly £400 of their money on it).  I''ve seen comments about Coventry fans who were convinced they would win.I''m Sky Blue  and was impressed by the performance by the Canaries. You deserved something out of the game.  I would not have been surprised if we had lost becasue we do that quite well.( Norwich boss is a god for saving you).I sat in a crowd of Sky Blues fans who were dissing my team.  It was a result that will just about make my Monday OK. My cousin lives in Norwich and will wear his colours with pride instead of the laughing and joking that he normally suffers when we lose against you.Football is all about winning nowadays.  But those of you who are looking at the positives of your performance are going to be enjoying the games more than the fans who diss their teams all the time.  Having said all this:  We could be Derby fans!

.............saying that his team was still work in progress so Norwich''s performance reflects that but that Coventry have better desire and  all-round ability and balanced squad and better manager

i  was there, first away game in years and probably last now for a while. we ripped em apart first half and should have been three up but yet again tried to WALK THE BALL INTO THE NET. ffs shoot!!! then second half we were a team that lacked leadership and seemed to fall apart. first half was encouraging but we need to be more ruthless.

[quote user="Matt"]Should have played Russell instead of Cling-on, he shoots outside the area, scored 2 in pre-season!![/quote]

No don''t think so. Clingan played very well and deserves his place in the starting line up. When Roeder did take Clingan off, making changes to try and get an equaliser, i think we lost our shape a little. We were unlucky thats all. Chris Colemen said his team were lucky to be awarded a penalty and thought we should of had one that wasn''t given!

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]I was chatting to a fan on the way back to the car park and he couldn''t believe they''d beaten us.[/quote]

I don''t think that''s specific to Norwich to be honest

[quote user="mighty yellow"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Im glad we played well.Im glad the coventry fan was sympathetic and encouraging.But neither of those things will matter a jot if we cant put points on the board.[/quote]I don''t think the fan was being sympathetic. I think he was being realistic to both his own teams shortcomings, and our ability. Again I ask, were you there today? I am not trying to lord it over you, I am just intrigued as to whether someone who saw the game could appear to have such a negative opinion of the performance.[/quote]I dont have a negative opinion of the performance, by all accounts we seem to have played well.It certainly sounds like an improvement over the usual shower we''ve been privvy to at Carrow Road these last few seasons.Then again, so would watching the under 12s.Fact of the matter is, we played well and STILL lost 2-0.If we play well and lose, I dread to think what things will be like when we play badly.Probably just a repeat of the last 3 miserable seasons.

[quote user="Matt"]Should have played Russell instead of Cling-on, he shoots outside the area, scored 2 in pre-season!![/quote]

He has had more shots than anyone so far this season - 4  - (2 on target, 1 off and 1 hitting the woodwork).

[quote user="Matt"]Should have played Russell instead of Cling-on, he shoots outside the area, scored 2 in pre-season!![/quote]Nope - should have played Russell instead of Fozzy. Fozzy''s the weakest link now, I''m afraid. Being noisy doesn''t make you a leader, you have to lead by example.