Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

MK Dons are a much better team than given credit for

A lot of people have been saying "oh we lost to a crap league 1 team" and such things, however they are probably one of the best in their league. Their confidence is flowing after winning the league and winning the trophy final.

We played 1 league game and looked extremely positive apart from having a recognized goal scorer which remains to be our problem, but to be perfectly honest, there really is no need to moan and whine that we are now doomed and as these prats on the radio are saying "a joke, a mistake, a disaster" - I know gelling isn''t ideal however to call them a joke and a relegation team after ONE league game and a carling cup game. (both away from home which doesn''t make things easier)

We have to stay positive for our first home game on Saturday, get behind them and see how things progress over the coming weeks.

I agree. But I''m bloody annoyed!Even though I know there''s only been 2 games, MK Dons are still a league 1 team! We aren''t the worst in our league, and we played brilliant football at the Ricoh, but tonight we just didn''t. I still have faith though. OTBC

I don''t think we can blame a team on this one, Glenn played 4 4 2 at the weekend and we trashed Coventry in midfield, today we play 4 3 1 2 and play bad football.

Glenn also takes off Lupoli and Koroma, brings on the likes of Pattison Cureton and Croft and we go downhill at crunch time - the last 20 minutes.

Shame the tactics were bad but I imagine the Dons played very well defensively today, we lacked shots and lacked midfield passing - NOT passes from midfield to strikers.

Shame really, looking forward to the first home tie

[quote user="ricky knight"]i am not negative i deal in reality, if city finish in the top 8, i pledge 100 pounds to charity, believe me i hope i have to pay.[/quote]

I''ve got a small bet going with a mate. The wager is 3 pints paid for by the loser to the winner. Not a huge stake I know but it is only a small bet afterall.

Hes betting we finish in the top 8 spacers, I''ve bet we finish 9-16th (although my exact guess is 14th). Anything lower than that and we''ve agreed to buy our own drinks and drown our sorrows. Got a feeling I''ll be having a few free drinks one night next may.

[quote user="ricky knight"]here come the excuses fo another loss against another lower league team, same old city, same old Percy''s.[/quote]Charlton lost AT HOME to Yeovil, Wolves needed extra time at home to

beat accrington Stanley. Sheff wed went out to rotherham. Doncaster

lost to notts county, blackpool beaten by macclesfield, plymouth lost

to luton and let rossi jarvis score! barnsley dumped out 2-0 by crewe.

Now this either says all these teams need to be really worried too.

Or it its an indication of how poor our league is.

Either way it means our result tonight does not mean a great deal in how we will finish come May.

[quote user="ricky knight"]here come the excuses fo another loss against another lower league team, same old city, same old Percy''s.[/quote]

Yep...God alone knows what it will take to open the eyes of some.....

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]here come the excuses fo another loss against another lower league team, same old city, same old Percy''s.[/quote]

[/quote]i don''t know, what would it be for you, 4-0 to city 5 games on the trot?cos if we don''t score saturday or at cardiff i think i will make the decision all my optimism has been misplaced. Can you put a realistic scenario together where you won''t be a gloom-merchant?

£100, wow break that bank. Give it to victims of crime charity.....

They were good, they are confident from winning promotion and a cup and looked tide, but and it is a big but, we should be winning, we are a league above and in theory, we have better players, but if there has been one season where a lower league club beats a higher league club, I will eat all my cigarette butts. Its football, but I''m annoyed and we should win.

I agree it''s only a matter of time before MK are in the championship they are massive club at that level with huge backing.  Anyway I don''t care about the league cup FA CUP and league far more important.

Yes, MK Dons did appear to be a sound enough outfit and did get plenty of men back behind the ball, but believe me if you weren''t at the game tonight, they were nothing special, we took a very casual start to the game and never really got into gear...they got one chance when we went to sleep and took it and then ''battened down the hatches''...we were clueless as to how to respond. They might be aspiring Championship material but there is going to be much tougher opposition in the league over the next few weeks and we need to get into gear quickly.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

A crowbar probably.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

£100, wow break that bank. Give it to victims of crime charity.....

They were good, they are confident from winning promotion and a cup and looked tide, but and it is a big but, we should be winning, we are a league above and in theory, we have better players, but if there has been one season where a lower league club beats a higher league club, I will eat all my cigarette butts. Its football, but I''m annoyed and we should win.

[/quote]

Well i will match any bet you want, if you want to back us in the top 8. Yes shocks happen in the cup, but nearly every year we are one of the shocks, gets abit depressing and it makes you wonder at our mindset. The only victims of crime i can think of are the 25000 who pack carrow each home game.

''Gutwrenching defeat?''

Look out, here come the hyperbole police..

As disappointed as i am in the result, i think that''s taking it a tad (and the rest) too far. We lost, as we always do, to lower league opposition, in a cup that not very many clubs care about these days. It happens. And it happens even more frequently with Norwich. Unless you''ve spent the last 15 years living under a rock, you really should all have had the sense to realise we''d struggle against any lower league opposition. To make it even worse, we got drawn against relatively good lower league opposition.

Disappointing, yes. Gutwrenching? Far, far from it.

Ultimately, i''d happily trade any league defeat for a defeat in the cup, because, seeing as we''re never, ever going to win it, i''m really not all that bothered.

Sorry but thats the attitude that helps this useless board and keep this club in a state of mediocrity, so you are another who if we got to wembley would not go because its a shxt cup, yea right.

Now you''re just being obtuse. Of course i''d go, it''s Norwich at Wembley. I''d go even if it was for a friendly with Caister Roma Under 12s.

And also, where did i say it''s a ''shxt'' cup? What i said was ''not a lot of clubs'' care about it, which i think is a more than fair point.

As for your comment about ''my attitude'' helping to keep this club in mediocrity, well, we''ll just have to agree to disagree. Personally, i''m not sure the constant moaners are helping either, i mean, Newcastle fans whinge and whine after every defeat and little mishap too, but i''ve yet to see any success come there way due to it. Secondly, i wasn''t even aware that i''d mentioned the board on that post. Amazing, what one can read between the lines, eh?

I did not say you did say anything about the board, i mentioned them. Better clubs in a better position than us can take the cup lightly, but i was always taught, if you enter a competition, try to win it, people try and fail, others fail to try, city come under the latter.

Didn''t we lose to Division 2''s Northampton Town after a wretched display in the first round of the Carling Cup the season we got promoted? Similarly, we were dumped out after a pretty dire performance aginst Division 2''s Brentford in the Playoff final season. I''m not saying the signs currently look great or anything; just that there is precedent for things improving as the season progresses.

I''ll not start crying into my Cornflakes just yet...

But if i didn''t mention the board in my post, why then bring them and their supposed ineptitude up in your reply? It''s getting ridiculous now. Can''t we have a single thread that isn''t taken over by people harping on about how awful they all are?

We enter the competition because we''re obliged to under the league rules, i believe, and when obligated to do something the whole ''if you''re going to do something do it well'' mantra doesn''t really stand up, in my book. But again, that''s just my opinion. Maybe i''m just a lazy schmuck. ;o)

But still, i really can''t see how anyone can call a first-round League Cup defeat to ANYONE ''gutwrenching''. The playoff final was gutwrenching. The host of England penalty defeats were gutwrenching. The League Cup is ''meh''.

[quote user="Chip20"]

Didn''t we lose to Division 2''s Northampton Town after a wretched display in the first round of the Carling Cup the season we got promoted? Similarly, we were dumped out after a pretty dire performance aginst Division 2''s Brentford in the Playoff final season. I''m not saying the signs currently look great or anything; just that there is precedent for things improving as the season progresses.

I''ll not start crying into my Cornflakes just yet...

[/quote]

Yes but we also lost to barnet and finished no-where, we also went out of the fa cup to Bury last season and finished in our lowest position in over 50 years.

Surely all that tells us is that League Cup results have no bearing on

the rest of the season?? Which should calm people down, but doesn''t....

And again with bringing the board into it... Dear oh Dear.

Defeats in important games (read: League games) matter. I was disappointed Saturday, but also cheered by what was a very good performance compared to what i was expecting to see. Yesterday''s result i couldn''t care about either way. Come Saturday, i''ll be back to giving a damn, because it''s a league match, once more, and the league is THE important competition.

Are you getting it now? Yes, it would have been nice to win yesterday and go on some kind of 50s-esque cup run, but it didn''t happen and it''s not the end of the world or some kind of proof of our impending doom.

Quite simply, losing to MK Dons will not relegate us. Get over it.

[quote user="ricky knight"]i am not negative i deal in reality, if city finish in the top 8, i pledge 100 pounds to charity, believe me i hope i have to pay.[/quote]

OK, but don''t expect us to except the "gay wrestling foundation" as a charity!