Sign in to follow this  
Frying Pan Eyes

New striker.

Good old Cuffers, never fails to write stories based on what''s been

rumoured on here... he missed Jay Simpson, though... shame on him...

I''ve got to say that I''m impressed with the names we''re getting linked with, I know there only kids and not proven but I think they could do a job, this lad, Franco Di Santo, Giles Sunu or Homer Jay Simpson, could be class. I''d still like to see the more experienced target man come in first though.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I could bloody weep..............its getting so damn preditable now.[/quote]

Sure is, Wiz... sure is... nice of you to admit it, though... I''ll admit I didn''t see that coming... [:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I could bloody weep..............its getting so damn preditable now.[/quote]More loanee kiddy winks. [:|]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="1st Wizard"]I could bloody weep..............its getting so damn preditable now.[/quote]More loanee kiddy winks. [:|][/quote]I''ll agree that it''s a risk, but I don''t hear too many people complaining about how poor Ched Evans was when he was here..

And what do you suggest Wiz and Mr. Bump??!!! Loans are commonplace now, and are required help to move clubs forward, would we have ever got to the Prem without Huckerby, Crouch, Harper and Cooper? No of course we wouldn''t have.

Loans are here to stay, and the sooner you realise that the better, I''m sure you were moaning last year when we signed Evans, Bertrand, Camara and co. Look how much that helped us in the end, it saved us.

I read that story and the one thing that stood out was this line.....“He was at Southampton last year. They wanted him but could not get a work permit but he''s married now so that''s no longer a problem. [:O] [:O] [:O]Does Harry happen to have a daughter, who recently married.  I wonder.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]And what do you suggest Wiz and Mr. Bump??!!! Loans are commonplace now, and are required help to move clubs forward, would we have ever got to the Prem without Huckerby, Crouch, Harper and Cooper? No of course we wouldn''t have. Loans are here to stay, and the sooner you realise that the better, I''m sure you were moaning last year when we signed Evans, Bertrand, Camara and co. Look how much that helped us in the end, it saved us.[/quote]

Just a tiny glimse of some real ambition would be nice, oh damn, I forgot, we don''t do ambition, only prudence!.

Loans may be commonplace but i bet you wont find another Championship club with anywhere near as many as us , it really is getting beyond a joke we are supposed to be rebuilding but come the end of the season half the squad will be off again .

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]And what do you suggest Wiz and Mr. Bump??!!! Loans are commonplace now, and are required help to move clubs forward, would we have ever got to the Prem without Huckerby, Crouch, Harper and Cooper? No of course we wouldn''t have. Loans are here to stay, and the sooner you realise that the better, I''m sure you were moaning last year when we signed Evans, Bertrand, Camara and co. Look how much that helped us in the end, it saved us.[/quote]

Just a tiny glimse of some real ambition would be nice, oh damn, I forgot, we don''t do ambition, only prudence!.

[/quote]

Actually Wiz I do see this and the signings of Zizou and Plastic as a glimpse of real amition.  Here''s how.

We know that some loanees will play a level as good as any in the squad as Ched, Plastic and (for me at least) Pearce last season.   If some do so again then that will mean:

• The team will perform better, gain more points and move up the table.
  • Some may like it here and want to move permanently thereby giving us quality long term a la Miller and Shawcross.
  • Even if they don''t, if they thrive then more will come next year and the process renews.
  • If City are seen as a Club that performs well and gives good players a chance then that will make us more attractive for other signings.

It is not a complete answer to the issues City face but success attracts success and if good loanees are a shortcut to more success then that is pathway to improvement and progress.   This achievable and pragmatic ambition but ambition nonetheless.

“He was at Southampton last year. They wanted him but could not get a

work permit but he''s married now so that''s no longer a problem.“The

lad was recommended to me
so we had him over for the last couple of

weeks and he''s been tremendous. He''s quick and has got a lot of

everything."Sounds like Southampton has a mole in their camp. I would not be happy if I were them.

[quote user="Duffman"]Does Harry happen to have a daughter, who recently married.  I wonder.[/quote]Maybe Jamie and OJ got a civil partnership?