Sign in to follow this  
Barclay_Boy

Roeder Just Been On Sky

Just been on. A small clip to accompany news that we had signed the two players on loan. GR was going on about how it took 6 weeks to sign the Hooligan etc, but the interesting bit (possibly) was where he said there would be 3 more before he was finished. Is that 3 more after these two, or was the interview held before the two were confirmed?

If there are 3 more to come, what positions, apart from the obvious one, ie another striker?

We know:

1 is a big striker

1 will be a CB on loan because he said he would have to get one more because of the Doc.

the other 1 is a mystery... my guess would be a punt on a young/lower league striker.

Yeah he was referring to three more players after the two we captured today. I would say he''s after another centre-back (he mentioned this in an interview after Doc was ruled out for three months), an experienced striker (Ameobi? Howard? - also mentioned in recent interviews), and maybe the young Irish midfielder we have on loan at the moment?

They''re my guesses anyway mate.

KB

[quote user="King Beef"]

Yeah he was referring to three more players after the two we captured today. I would say he''s after another centre-back (he mentioned this in an interview after Doc was ruled out for three months), an experienced striker (Ameobi? Howard? - also mentioned in recent interviews), and maybe the young Irish midfielder we have on loan at the moment?

KB

[/quote]

What young Irish midfielder do we have on loan...? [:S]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]We still need another Striker and a Goalkeeper as far as I''m concerned.[/quote]

Why do we need to spend money on anothr keeper?

Take a look at last seasons team photo, 5 keepers stand in the middle. How many were used? One. Barring injury, it will be one again this season. Obviously that''s barring injury, but even so, we have adequate cover in Nelson and then Rudd too. I remember before our promotion season Worthy bleating on about how he had to sign another keeper, despite having Greeno, Lewis and Gallacher on the books, and sure enough we signed Ward. But when did we ever get into a goalkeeping crisis then or last season?

It just seems to me that getting another keeper behind Marshall and Nelson will just create another ''Joe Lewis situation'' whereby we have a young and promising home grown keeper who will never get to make an appearance for his club.

Striker I more than I agree with though!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I remember before our promotion season Worthy bleating on about how he had to sign another keeper, despite having Greeno, Lewis and Gallacher on the books, and sure enough we signed Ward. But when did we ever get into a goalkeeping crisis then or last season?

[/quote]

Ward and Gallacher weren''t here during our promotion season, we had Green, Crichton and a 16 yr old Lewis

[quote user="ncfc_chris"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I remember before our promotion season Worthy bleating on about how he had to sign another keeper, despite having Greeno, Lewis and Gallacher on the books, and sure enough we signed Ward. But when did we ever get into a goalkeeping crisis then or last season?

[/quote]

Ward and Gallacher weren''t here during our promotion season, we had Green, Crichton and a 16 yr old Lewis

[/quote]

I know, I realised after I meant after promotion season [:p]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

Just been on. A small clip to accompany news that we had signed the two players on loan. GR was going on about how it took 6 weeks to sign the Hooligan etc, but the interesting bit (possibly) was where he said there would be 3 more before he was finished. Is that 3 more after these two, or was the interview held before the two were confirmed?

If there are 3 more to come, what positions, apart from the obvious one, ie another striker?

[/quote]

If you subscribe to Canariesworld the whole interview (which is very interesting) is on the website.

Im led to believe we are getting 3 more on top of the two confirmed today...

Beach Radio sports stated we had signed two new players and Glenn Roeder was expecting to bring three more in before the window closes.

1 - Possibly Iversen

2 - Another striker

3 - CB Cover for Doc injury

My guesses! :)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

If you subscribe to Canariesworld the whole interview (which is very interesting) is on the website.

[/quote]

I don''t subscribe - what interesting bits are in there?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="King Beef"]

KB

[/quote]

What young Irish midfielder do we have on loan...? [:S]

[/quote]

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED31%20Jul%202008%2009%3A34%3A29%3A360

KB

It''s pretty much covered on waghorns site:http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=3822

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]the young irish lad isnt on loan, he''s here on trial[/quote]

My mistake, it is indeed a trial, mind must have wondered!

KB

[quote user="Ambrosden canary"]

Centre back, big target striker and probably Kieran Gibbs I reckon.

[/quote]

Agree with that - everyone seemed to have forgotten that Gibbs was thought to be a very likely returner but I''m pretty sure that he was.  Only problem is that we have 5 loans already, and if we get him + loan a c/b, we have the problem of who to leave out of the playing squad each match (though with the Sheff Wed fiasco last season only costing them a couple of £k, might be worth not worrying about it!).

On the Canariesworld interview Roeder mentions an experienced striker that is still scoring goals in the league he is playing in. Unfortunately this smells of Howard to me.

[quote user="Dionysus"]On the Canariesworld interview Roeder mentions an experienced striker that is still scoring goals in the league he is playing in. Unfortunately this smells of Howard to me.[/quote]

No its not Howard because he isnt currently scoring in L1

His exact words in reply to the target man question, its an experienced striker (meaning over 30!) and he is currently scoring in the division he is playing.

From the way he said it its not an English division.

I thinks it points to Iversen, espeially with the rumors of his club wanting a replacement before he comes. That ties in with GR saying it could take a few weeks to get it together.