Sign in to follow this  
ForeverYellow

No goal music !!!

I think we shouldnt have any goal music next season as the sound of the fans cheering is what the players want to hear !

What do you all think ?

So long as they play a half decent bloody entrance song rather than the tosh last season I think no goal music could work nicely, would be a bit intimidating for the opposition fans and players when if we score a goal instead of being a typical club pounding music out, hear our chants and cheers!

[quote user="ForeverYellow"]

I think we shouldnt have any goal music next season as the sound of the fans cheering is what the players want to hear !

What do you all think ?

[/quote]

Lets hope they dont score at the River End then eh?

I love the way the german fans all shout the scorers surname in unison.............The announcer would say for instance "scorer of Cities first goal, timed at 23mins ..................Jamie.........." then the whole ground shouts "CURETON!"thats pretty cool

I really think an email to the club would be good ! I hate the goal music and love to hear the passion of the fans cheering. Maybe our own chant after the goal which every fan would go along to would be great!

[quote user="National express super guard "]hang on, i''ll set up a poll, coz i like it but some don''t. samba de janeiro is norwich city
[/quote]

It clearly isn''t Norwich City cos other clubs use it too. Why do we need music when we score? People argue that it gets the fans in the mood and pumped when we score a goal, but if they can''t do that without cheesey music then wtf are they doing at a football match anyway?

Personally I quite like it, I think it works quite well. That''s not to say that no music would work either but it has become part of the furniture so to speak. Perhaps if it was delayed for a few seconds after the goal, as happened at the Euros. You get the initial passion and reaction from the crowd and then the music kicks in.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Perhaps if it was delayed for a few seconds after the goal[/quote]Was gunna say the same thing; I only went to the one away game last season but at Leicester they seemed to wait until the crowd''s cheering had subsided until the music started, which worked better. At CR the music is booming virtually as soon as the ball hits the net.

Yes I say do away with the goal music,we can make as much noise without it, agree with other poster where the first name of the scorer is announced and we do the rest, good idea.   

I''d like to see the end of the PA system altogether except for public announcements and perhaps a little pre-match music, but certainly all of it at about half the volume it is now.The people who run the PA system seem to believe that Carrow Rd would be silent if it weren''t for them, when in fact it''d probably be noisier if they shut the effing thing up. To be honest the PA makes me feel embaressed about what the away fans think

i like to think i''m old skool. but i do like the goal music. there should be a delay ,then when the celebrations have died down play the musicthen anounce the goal scorers first name

big clubs dont have music i dont think.. it does make us look a bit of a joke too at times.. especialyl as they play it when we are losing by a few and get a consolation goal..

lets have no music

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

big clubs dont have music i dont think.. it does make us look a bit of a joke too at times.. especialyl as they play it when we are losing by a few and get a consolation goal..

lets have no music

jas :)

[/quote]

Too true, Jas!

The worst example of this was when we were getting pummelled 3-0 by Burnley in Worthy''s final game and Earnie got that 85th minute consolation goal - dreadful performance, dreadful atmosphere, no one cheering - and still they blurt out that God-awful music!

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]I don''t really get how its an embarrassment. Who really gives a toss?[/quote]I think a bit of music can add to the atmosphere. It''s only the Barclay who create and atmosphere in any case, the rest of the ground appear to take a vow of silence before the start of the season.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]I don''t really get how its an embarrassment. Who really gives a toss?
[/quote]

It''s just cheesey and the atmosphere was fine without it so why do we need it now? The away fans all take the piss when it plays anyway.

To be fair it has been quiet from all sides of Carrow Road in recent years. I''d put that down to the high quality football that we''ve all been stunned into silence by [:P] With regards to music before the game I would have to say its far too loud. Nothing wrong with a bit of music but it should be in the background. I personally think the goal music should stay. It all adds to the fun I suppose you could say. Perhaps delaying it for a few seconds after the goal would allow for a more natural reaction from the support but I think it should still be used.