Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

No source BUT...

...heard more rumours about Nobby Solano and Sibierski coming in. I don''t know how much truth there is in this but I certainly respect the person who told me and he isn''t one for making stuff up.

If Nobby is true presumably someone is off...Russell or Croft perhaps?

Anyone else heard anything?

Where did you hear the rumours? I just can''t see us being able to afford either of them, they surely demand a wage far exceeding Roeder''s apparent 8k wage cap.

I think if we signed them there would soon be a toothpaste style mark on my trousers with all the classy football we''d be playing, although wages may be a big problem, so as much as id love it i have my doubts. Fingers crossed.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I think ourt £8k per week wage cap puts an end to that little rumour... Sorry.[/quote]

I''m not so sure. 34 and no club...will his wages still be that high?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolberto_Solano

Sibierski has been told he can leave on a free too. Again not sure what his likely wages will be but surely the chance to play more regularly will have a big influence on where he ends up rather than a massive pay day.

As I said I don''t know how much truth is in this - just rumours I''ve heard but I''d certainly like to add these guy''s experience to the team. We''d have experience and quality throughout the team in Stefanovic, Solano and Sibierski.

True, true, but I would love to be able to say that the rumour about the wage cap is a reliable one, I for one think it makes great sense.

Where has this £8k wage cap actually come from?   

Dejan Stefanovic would have been on some bit more than that at Fulham and was still under contract to them, the same would also apply to Lupoli I would imagine as well,  so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility? 

It does make economic sense though, a lot of clubs have a wage cap, so why not employ one? Especially if we are in as much ''trouble'' as people say we are!!

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Where has this £8k wage cap actually come from?   

Dejan Stefanovic would have been on some bit more than that at Fulham and was still under contract to them, the same would also apply to Lupoli I would imagine as well,  so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility? 

[/quote]

It''s rumoured that Roeder has self imposed the cap...

I dunno about Stefanovic other than he''s getting on a bit so settled for less in terms of money, but with Lupoli we may not be paying all of his wages. We pay a loan fee and only a percentage of his wages...

1: Solano is in L.A with a look to moving to the Galaxy.

2: There certainly was not an 8k cap last season.

-Bigus.

I would love to see Sibierski here, so lets hope the £8k wage cap is just a rumour! Solano I rate but do we really need another midielder?

[quote user="Bigus"]

1: Solano is in L.A with a look to moving to the Galaxy.

2: There certainly was not an 8k cap last season.

-Bigus.

[/quote]

1. is interesting, thanks for that Bigus - maybe he is after one last pay day after all...

Does anyone know if he was at Newcastle under Roder i.e. is his mob no. likely to be in Glenn''s phone? (would google it but can''t be bothered)!

I was really hoping that there was some truth in this - I really like the idea of these two.

I would be quite surprised if Mr Roeder has tied himself down with a formal wage cap.  He might well have one in place mentally but to say you won''t pay an extra £1000 for a very good player reduces your flexibility.  I have a pretty good idea of the top wages at Colchester but the owner was quite prepared to bust that to try and keep Lisbie.  It didn''t work but clearly the facility was there and I would have thought that such would apply at a club like Norwich.

Then we would have Bell, Chadwick, Croft and Solano on the right. I doubt we would be looking to add Nobby anyway. I am hoping Roeder is trying to sign 2 strikers and a centre half!

Yep 2 strikers and a centre half is exactly what I think we need as well, probably a centre half on loan, then 2 permanents up-front.

[quote user="Bigus"]

Then we would have Bell, Chadwick, Croft and Solano on the right. I doubt we would be looking to add Nobby anyway. I am hoping Roeder is trying to sign 2 strikers and a centre half!

[/quote]

Personally I''d let Croft go. Good going forward but can''t cross or shoot - not great attributes for a winger. I reckon Nobby would fill his shoes easily!

Re: wages and so on, if a player is a free agent (for example, Solano and Sibierski - didn''t someone say he would be allowed to leave for free?), we would presumably give him a signing on fee on top of his weekly wage: if we have a pot of £1m left, it doesn''t really matter if we have to pay it as a transfer fee to the club + wages to the player, or just to the player in some form or other.  Using theoretical figures only, if the wages cap is indeed £8k and we attached a signing on fee of £350k, it would give the equivalent of Â£15k a week (c£780k pa) for a one year contract.

Yes players in the Prem are probably on more than that (the average is now >£1m), but players in their early 30s have presumably already made a sack of £ from the game, so perhaps might settle for ''slumming it'' on just £500k or so for a couple of years (to put it into context, that is still the sort of figure it would probably take the rest of us well over a decade to earn).

I seem to recall that when Cardiff signed Fowler on a "free" they reportedly paid him something like £30k a week, the suggesting being that the final figure would be c£1.5m for the season, equivalent to what his transfer fee would have been. 

Not read the thread (lazy, and whatever).Might be worth considering the distance that we are from where they are based.  Is it worth the long travel?  Is it worth relocating?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Re: wages and so on, if a player is a free agent (for example, Solano and Sibierski - didn''t someone say he would be allowed to leave for free?), we would presumably give him a signing on fee on top of his weekly wage: if we have a pot of £1m left, it doesn''t really matter if we have to pay it as a transfer fee to the club + wages to the player, or just to the player in some form or other.  Using theoretical figures only, if the wages cap is indeed £8k and we attached a signing on fee of £350k, it would give the equivalent of Â£15k a week (c£780k pa) for a one year contract.

Yes players in the Prem are probably on more than that (the average is now >£1m), but players in their early 30s have presumably already made a sack of £ from the game, so perhaps might settle for ''slumming it'' on just £500k or so for a couple of years (to put it into context, that is still the sort of figure it would probably take the rest of us well over a decade to earn).

I seem to recall that when Cardiff signed Fowler on a "free" they reportedly paid him something like £30k a week, the suggesting being that the final figure would be c£1.5m for the season, equivalent to what his transfer fee would have been. 

[/quote]

Very good points. They would both add some vital experience and quality to the team, but I can''t see the point of us signing Solano. Yes he''s a fantastic player but we need no wide players now. Sibierski and Lupoli though would be a championship winning striker partnership in my opinion. They would bang in goals for fun in this league.

[quote user="Fozzie"]Not read the thread (lazy, and whatever).

Might be worth considering the distance that we are from where they are based.  Is it worth the long travel?  Is it worth relocating?
[/quote]

London is not really that far nowadays...especially when they get on with the A11 dualling!

This sounds a bit suspect because there have already been rumors of both these players coming here which got old and tiring before... had this topic been on a player not previously mentioned then it would be a little more tempting to believe... would LOVE to see this happening but i fear its just the arising of an old rumor to get the rumor mill working overtime again.

Not sure about these 2. There are both decent players don''t get me wrong but there aren''t long term. As many have stated we are overloaded with midfielders and Siebierski is one of these in between players who isn''t really a striker or a midfielder and we have a couple of players for that role. I just can''t see where either would fit in currently - if we were getting Solano why sign Bell?