Sign in to follow this  
CanaryRyan

Coventry vs Norwich - Aug 9th - Who's got there ticket?

Got my ticket :D

Anyone know much about the Ricoh Arena?

I heard the coventry fans are pretty awful!

Lets hope we take a BIG following down there :D

Cant wait now!!

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Cant wait now!!

[/quote]called to buy two today and we''ve already sold out our first allocation so waiting for more to be sent from cov, expected today.

Went there a couple of seasons ago.

Nice ground, fairly big. We lost 3-0 i think and our coach was 10 minutes late for the game.

Also the stewards threatened to throw us out because we wouldn''t sit down.

Food was awful and didn''t get a chance for a beverage.

Nice ground though like i said.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Cant wait now!!

[/quote]

called to buy two today and we''ve already sold out our first allocation so waiting for more to be sent from cov, expected today.
[/quote]

Good stuff! Hope you get your tickets fella!

Got my ticket booked already - very excited about it!Ground is crap - Cov fans are crap - if you are going by car i would park in the tescos opposite as the park and ride is a bit of a joke.The ground was so empty last season and we took quite a big following, after the game i witnessed a fight between two cov fans consisting of one just walking up behind the other, tappping him on  the shoulder and then smacking him in the face. I''m gonna take a jacket to cover up my shirt outside the ground, just in case. Hopefully there won''t be any trouble and we can all enjoy the mighty yellas record their first win of the season.

the best bit about away days is the day out but far too many grounds now are out of the city in the middle of nowhere with no pubs and attractions. The Ricoh is 1 of them, boring bowl shaped ground also

[quote user="CanaryRyan"][quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Cant wait now!!

[/quote]called to buy two today and we''ve already sold out our first allocation so waiting for more to be sent from cov, expected today.[/quote]

Good stuff! Hope you get your tickets fella!

[/quote]Yes mate we got them.Sitting in row "Double H" too, which sounds buxom.[:D]SO excited about this season. hurry up the big new lad upfront....

If you get a seat in the first 10 rows unlucky because they are simply dire. Your soo much better of sitting higher

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]If you get a seat in the first 10 rows unlucky because they are simply dire. Your soo much better of sitting higher
[/quote]

Why is it dire sitting in the first 10 rows?

Decent ground with a god pitch to the seats so even lower rows give a good view of the far end. Secure parking  by the Novotel off J3 of the M6 with a 10 minute walk to the ground. Cov fans are no problem as long as you don''t go looking for the chav element as at any ground. Balti chickenm pies are good bu then again only an idiot goes to football grounds for the catering. One of my favourite away days although the ground''s atmosphere is not the greatest. 

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]If you get a seat in the first 10 rows unlucky because they are simply dire. Your soo much better of sitting higher[/quote]

Why is it dire sitting in the first 10 rows?

[/quote]You can see the other end, but not very well at all

Got ours. Sitting in row JJ. Never been to the Ricoh - anything''s got to be better than restricted viewing at Highfield Road! These contemporary bowl stadiums are completely lifeless though - no atmosphere.

Go to Nuneaton, have a few beers in the town centre, then get the bus to the ground and back?  Easy.

Or you could go by cabbage, have a nice cup of tea (careful not to spill it down your new club shirt) and a little nap, get dropped outside the ground just before kick off, go in and sit down and complain about the people who are standing and making an atmosphere for the lads, then straight back on the lovely bus and home again for an early night.............

[quote user="wrightycool"]

Went there a couple of seasons ago.

Nice ground, fairly big. We lost 3-0 i think and our coach was 10 minutes late for the game.

[/quote]

good to see club Canary has improved :|

jas :)

Free parking at Costco 10 minutes walk away from the ground (just along the dual carriageway. Parking costs at the ground are a rip-off at £10...there is allegedly a topless car wash in the vicinity of the ground, (really upper class surroundingseh!). Last season we took a good few, disappointing home support though. Making the trip again this year because its the first game of the season...I''ve had better away trips to crummier grounds, despite its modern structure the Ricoh is a soul less place, ...in my humble opinion.

Hello everyone.Please can you tell me that there is a better way of getting to the game than the 5 hour odd train journey via either london or birmingham?!Don''t want to drive so can have opening day drinkies... advice please.. (noone suggest the club coach)

[quote user="Seat0123"]Hello everyone.

Please can you tell me that there is a better way of getting to the game than the 5 hour odd train journey via either london or birmingham?!

Don''t want to drive so can have opening day drinkies... advice please.. (noone suggest the club coach)
[/quote]

get someone else to drive.... solved!

club cabbage is crap but it does mean u can drink as much as u want and not have to worry... before my mate could drive me and him would tank ourselves up pre game and at half time to make the journery home (usually after a defeat) more Bearable... just pick the coach with the toilet!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Seat0123"]Hello everyone.Please can you tell me that there is a better way of getting to the game than the 5 hour odd train journey via either london or birmingham?!Don''t want to drive so can have opening day drinkies... advice please.. (noone suggest the club coach)[/quote]

get someone else to drive.... solved!

club cabbage is crap but it does mean u can drink as much as u want and not have to worry... before my mate could drive me and him would tank ourselves up pre game and at half time to make the journery home (usually after a defeat) more Bearable... just pick the coach with the toilet!

[/quote]does your mate wanna drive us?! we''ll buy his ricoh food... and it''ll mightily reduce the petrol...

Is row H near the bottom or near the top?

Dont know if its 8 rows from the back, or 8 rows from the front lol

Anyone know?

Is row H near the bottom or near the top?

Dont know if its 8 rows from the back, or 8 rows from the front lol

Anyone know?

[/quote]we''re in row hh, which according to the delightful lady on the ticket office phone line is towards the back, so presume h is therefore 8th row up, we''re presumably 34 rows back..