Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

Hucks turns down premierleague!

Yer he had about 12 offers from teams in this country including 1 from a prem team. Makes you laugh doesn''t it. Roeder actually thought he was going to get better players in than Hucks. Big big mistake from him!

Or he needed to take him of the wage bill....

But please try and forget about Huckerby! HE HAS GONE...GET OVER IT

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Or he needed to take him of the wage bill....

But please try and forget about Huckerby! HE HAS GONE...GET OVER IT[/quote]No offense ncfcstar but if you don''t wish to talk about Hucks, perhaps it would be wise not to look at a thread entitled ''Hucks turns down premierleague!''.  Might save you some pain.  [:)]

[quote user="AndyJR"]In other news...............

Roeder turns down Hucks.

(excuse me as I go and cry).

[/quote]

or quite possibly was told we could no longer afford him, which is looking more likely with each day revealing no new signings.....

It just bores me the amount of threads that pop up about him, yes he will go down as a Norwich legend, but it''s getting ridiculous the way that people pine after him.

We became 1-dimensional for many games when Huckerby played, everything came down the left, and that was it, apart from the long ball. People talk about rose-tinted glasses in regards to the Delia/Cullum affair, but the same applies to the Huckerby fanboys.

It''s old now, he has been gone for almost 3 months, time to move on.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]In other news...............

Roeder turns down Hucks.

(excuse me as I go and cry).

[/quote]

or quite possibly was told we could no longer afford him, which is looking more likely with each day revealing no new signings.....

[/quote]

Hate to say it but i think your spot on.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]It just bores me the amount of threads that pop up about him, yes he will go down as a Norwich legend, but it''s getting ridiculous the way that people pine after him.

We became 1-dimensional for many games when Huckerby played, everything came down the left, and that was it, apart from the long ball. People talk about rose-tinted glasses in regards to the Delia/Cullum affair, but the same applies to the Huckerby fanboys.

It''s old now, he has been gone for almost 3 months, time to move on.[/quote]Come now ncfcstar, sit under neath the tree of past glories, be a romantic and reminisce over past times, you know you want to.  [;)]

Do you not think Huckerby would have taken a wage-cut? Considering he''s just admitted he''s getting a quarter at San Jose of what he would get here.

Don''t tell me it''s the money because it isn''t.

[quote user="colneycanary"]I think he would of been quite happy on 8k a week the same as Dotherty.[/quote]

Splutter cough choke....(I was having a drink)...You are not serious about the Doc being on 8k are you? F me surely leagues 1 and 2 offer better value and better ability than him!

Dotherty was on 9k a week, but his new contract he is on 8k a week because of the wage cap. Thats why he took so long to decide. He thought he was going to get a better offer elsewhere! LOL!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Dotherty was on 9k a week, but his new contract he is on 8k a week because of the wage cap. Thats why he took so long to decide. He thought he was going to get a better offer elsewhere! LOL![/quote]

How do you know his contract details? Just curious!

Not sure where I heard it but the figures match what I had heard too;  with fozzy being the only player now at the wage cap of £9k...  perhaps I read it here - cant recall now;  I have had my toughest ever week so mind is a little befuddled..

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]

Do you not think Huckerby would have taken a wage-cut? Considering he''s just admitted he''s getting a quarter at San Jose of what he would get here.

[/quote]Hucks has made it clear, by saying that he is on one-quarter of what he would get here, that he would have taken a cut to stay here.

That statement should knock the "we couldn''t afford him" on the head. It was Roeder who did not want him, there could be no other reason.

As every day passes that decision becomes more and more ridiculous.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]

[/quote]Hucks has made it clear, by saying that he is on one-quarter of what he would get here, that he would have taken a cut to stay here.

That statement should knock the "we couldn''t afford him" on the head. It was Roeder who did not want him, there could be no other reason.

[/quote]Hucks made the mistake of having an opinion (as did Neil Adams), a big no no with Glen Roeder, although I can see why.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]

[/quote]

Hucks made the mistake of having an opinion (as did Neil Adams), a big no no with Glen Roeder, although I can see why.
[/quote]I can see why too, Andy.

8k a week is not as much as you think, when you take into consideration that a player will have at least 20 years before he is able to draw on any pensions. it sounds alot but being realistic its not

I''m simply staggered by how many people are still crying over Hucks departutre - he''s gone, good, now we can move forward. He was a one trick pony who singular trick, putting the ball past some one and running fast, deserted him 2-3 years ago. An expensive luxuruy who wasn''t a team player and offered no support defensively. A left winger without a left foot who, achingly predictably, had to cut inside and never delivered decent crosses. We got the wrong Christmas present that Boxing Day evening, we should have unwrapped Peter Crouch as the permanent signing

Wurzel

[quote user="Mangol Wurzel"]

I''m simply staggered by how many people are still crying over Hucks departutre - he''s gone, good, now we can move forward. He was a one trick pony who singular trick, putting the ball past some one and running fast, deserted him 2-3 years ago. An expensive luxuruy who wasn''t a team player and offered no support defensively. A left winger without a left foot who, achingly predictably, had to cut inside and never delivered decent crosses. We got the wrong Christmas present that Boxing Day evening, we should have unwrapped Peter Crouch as the permanent signing

Wurzel

[/quote]

Yes Crouch would have been a nice Christmas present, but he would have left within a season or so when the big boys came calling.

Thought the headline was "Hucks turn down Powerleague", me thinks i need to go to Spec Savers!![8-|]

[quote user="iluveadie"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Dotherty was on 9k a week, but his new contract he is on 8k a week because of the wage cap. Thats why he took so long to decide. He thought he was going to get a better offer elsewhere! LOL![/quote]

[/quote]

You heard it from me. The wage cap is actually 8k, Doherty is on 7k (was on 9k with his last contract). Fozzy is on 8k, I didnt say anything about him being the only player on 8k though, I should imagine (a stab in the dark) that Hoolohan is on at least very close to that.

[quote user="goldengoal"][quote user="iluveadie"]

[/quote]

You heard it from me. The wage cap is actually 8k, Doherty is on 7k (was on 9k with his last contract). Fozzy is on 8k, I didnt say anything about him being the only player on 8k though, I should imagine (a stab in the dark) that Hoolohan is on at least very close to that.

[/quote]Ryank put out this information as well. last week. Who is the source of this? Who is able to access this info.