Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

No joke - we've had a bid accepted for Arturo Lupoli!

He was Arsenal''s top scorer at youth/reserve level in 2004-05, with 27 goals in 32 appearances.

Lupoli scored prolifically at youth/reserve team level during the 2005-06 season. He also figured in the Gunners'' 2005-06 League Cup campaign, winning the Carling Cup New Talent Award.

Sound''s promising, and wenger has really been wrong about bringing youngsters over with great potential.I''m pessimistic about this 1 though.

Am i the only one that doesn''t think this deal is anything special?

Never looked half as good as Aliadiere and he''s pants and will play no part in Boro''s next season, lightweight, goal scoring record aint great except reserves/youth and if he was any good Wenger would never have let him go for jack in the first place.

Wouldn''t grumble at a loan but we still need another BIG striker

I am afraid I agree.  We have the small nippy guys in cureton and Martin, I would say our money and priority is on two big hold the ball up strikers myself.  Looking at the team against Gorleston, Hoolahan is a midget (good but small!), then with martin, Cureton, Pattison, in fact not one player really who dominates in the air.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

From a Derby-supporting friend:

"Might be ok for you boys, not good enough to be a ram. No, he''s very talented though a bit lightweight for the championship."

[/quote]

And another...

"Very impressive. He was the last player to score a hatrick for Derby. I was that impressed I queued up at the Pride Park shop to buy an autographed top and have me picture taken with him. It''s in 1 of my albums somewhere I think."

I''m a little nervous about him... failed to make the grade at Arsenal, did well at Derby, failed to make the grade at Fiorentina and had a shocker in the 2nd tier of Italy with Treviso but I guess he''s young and clearly has ability. Could be interesting but if this is our "main" striker i''d slightly nervous

Potentially a very good signing for you.I remember Arsene Wenger stating a few years ago that he considered Arturo Lupoli to be the best finisher in the entire Arsenal squad. This at a time when it contained the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Wiltord, Pires, Ljungberg etc.

Sod it, i know he''s a risk, but i''m happy to take that with someone who could literally realistically be the best forward in the world one day! Even if on the flipside, he could just be shit! Definately worth a £2m-£3m punt!

[quote user="BRFC"]I remember Arsene Wenger stating a few years ago that he considered Arturo Lupoli to be the best finisher in the entire Arsenal squad. This at a time when it contained the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Wiltord, Pires, Ljungberg etc.[/quote]Totally correct.A couple of my Arsenal supporting friends were slightly baffled that Wenger let Lupoli leave, although apparently that was more down to Lupoli than Wenger.As for the comment earlier about Lupoli not being as good as Aliadiere, well that''s just laughable to be honest. Aliadiere has managed a great 16 goals in 100 appearances for all clubs, Lupoli has 14 in 63...I''d be extremely happy with Lupoli on a permanent deal, he''s a great natural finisher, is pretty quick off the mark, and makes some very intelligent runs. Has real potential, we just need to be the club to truly unlock it.For anything less than 2 million, this guy would be a bargain IMHO.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Sod it, i know he''s a risk, but i''m happy to take that with someone who could literally realistically be the best forward in the world one day! Even if on the flipside, he could just be shit! Definately worth a £2m-£3m punt!
[/quote]

Yeah, because City are financially able to afford £2-3M pound gambles aren''t we!!!!  Perhaps you should lay off the sauce at 3AM or perhaps it is just that my sarcasm censors are quite tuned in yet this morning [:O]

[quote user="JC"]

I am afraid I agree.  We have the small nippy guys in cureton and Martin, I would say our money and priority is on two big hold the ball up strikers myself.  Looking at the team against Gorleston, Hoolahan is a midget (good but small!), then with martin, Cureton, Pattison, in fact not one player really who dominates in the air.

[/quote]

Maybe we''re going to be playing a style of football that doesn''t need a big lump up front [^o)] Roeder does have a reputation of want fooball played ''the right way'' after all.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Maybe we''re going to be playing a style of football that doesn''t need a big lump up front [^o)] Roeder does have a reputation of want fooball played ''the right way'' after all.[/quote]Sounds good to me.We always used to play some great football on the deck, and some of our finest forwards of the last 15-20 years have been shorter in stature - Fleck, Robins, Curo, McVeigh and Bellamy.If these signings are indicative that we''re looking to play a stronger possession game, with closer passing, I couldn''t be happier.

[quote user="A steaming pile of Efan Ekoku"]doesnt say it has been accepted does it? or am i severely blind
[/quote]

It hasn''tb mate, well, according to SSN.

Regardless of whether he is good or bad, Loans can only ever be a temporary fix at best! take young Evans for example. He was brought on and improved by us, but it seems someone else will reap the benefits!.

I must say I am fed up with loans as well, they are a part of life and needed at a club like ours, but we must start building the core of our squad other wise every year we will still be looking for vital players. This Italian player sounds pretty good but as a permanent signing hopefully.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

For anything less than 2 million, this guy would be a bargain IMHO.
[/quote]

Not sure I would pay near the 2 million mark.  Lupoli only managed 1 goal in 17 games in the poor Serie B and 7 goals in 18(16) Championship games!! (in fact 5 of those came in his first 7 Championship games!

I would be expecting us to get him for a lot less than that.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=39952

When spoke on Rad Norfolk, Roeder said the Lupoli connection was news to him. He knew nothing about it.

[quote user="tribes"]When spoke on Rad Norfolk, Roeder said the Lupoli connection was news to him. He knew nothing about it.[/quote]

He has to say that - its our clubs transfer policy. Im still pretty confident given what Fiorentina said.