Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Modern day slavery

[quote user="C.T"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7499028.stm

Some ludicrous comments from Mr. Blatter.

It would appear that he doesnt like english clubs[^o)]

[/quote]

What is it with this buffoon? He clearly hates England. And what a numpty to compare a spoilt little Cheat on 100 grand a year to someone who suffered slavery! Idiot should get the boot. I''m writing to uefa over this, he''s always slating English football.

Joking apart i think it is, that bloody french moron is always having little digs at English football.

Can''t even be bothered to remember his name now!!

This story had me nearly choking on my Rice Crispies this morning as well - even for Blatter (a man who has a habit of talking out of his posterior) this has to be seen as special.

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

Joking apart i think it is, that bloody french moron is always having little digs at English football.

[/quote]

Slack Bladder? The man''s a buffoon...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

[/quote]

Slack Bladder? The man''s a buffoon...
[/quote]

No the french tit, good footballer in his day but now a complete arrogant t***er

I would think the length of Ronaldo''s contract at Man U is linked to what he has been earning there. He would have been free to move now if he hadn''t signed that contract but if he''d signed a shorter contract I imagine it would for less money. But ultimately the player will probably get what he wants. Ultimately I guess players will sign from season to season and there will be no more transfer fees but even more money will leave the game on players wages.

I''ll be the first to admit I don''t like Manchester Utd but Sepp Blatter what a complete and utter c*ck. Nobody forced Ronaldo to sign that length of deal and at teh end of the day a contract of that llength is there to ensure the club gets a decent transfer fee for him. Also Man Utd do a lot of charity work with Unicef in a bid to stop people trafficking so I think comparing the Ronaldo saga to modern day slavery was a retarded thing to say from the ''most powerful man in football.'' What a moron.

If it had been the other way round i.e ronaldo wanting to come to utd from real madrid Blatter wouldnt have come out and said this. He clearly has a problem with English clubs, which will probably result in us losing out on the world cup [N] we want blatter out

I can''t believe that he is that stupid. 

How is someone agreeing to a multi-million pound deal for a fixed term be the modern day equivalent of being forced to do something for whole whole like under punishement of torture?

If he didn''t want to stay there, he souldn''t have agreed that contract, high salary and signing fee. 

With the principle, "if a player wants to leave, let them leave" does it work the other way.  If a club doesn''t want a player, they can just write off the rest of the contract?  From the sound of it, he is against the whole contract principle. 

In my opinion, I think that players should be able to leave their contract early, if the give notice and pay back any signing fee, the outstanding value of the contract plus a fixed % premium to cover all the admin, agents fees, etc.

[quote user="dhickl"]

In my opinion, I think that players should be able to leave their contract early, if the give notice and pay back any signing fee, the outstanding value of the contract plus a fixed % premium to cover all the admin, agents fees, etc.

[/quote]

I agree in principal my friend but then I guess there would be no transfer fee. I really think before long players will only sign for one season at a time and there will be no transfer fees.

If that happens nutty, and I think you''re right, it probably will, then it will be extremely important to retain a manager with good rapport with players, and good contacts.  Let''s hope we can hold onto Roeder then.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="C.T"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7499028.stm

Some ludicrous comments from Mr. Blatter.

It would appear that he doesnt like english clubs[^o)]

[/quote]

What is it with this buffoon? He clearly hates England. And what a numpty to compare a spoilt little Cheat on 100 grand a year to someone who suffered slavery! Idiot should get the boot. I''m writing to uefa over this, he''s always slating English football.

[/quote]

Arthur, if you do can you post the letter and your response? I think it would be a really interesting read to hear what they have to say! expect some Doncaster style spin though!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="dhickl"]

[/quote]

I agree in principal my friend but then I guess there would be no transfer fee. I really think before long players will only sign for one season at a time and there will be no transfer fees.

[/quote]

There would still be a transfer fee, but it will be related to the length of the contract and the salary.  That would also reduce the over inflated prices.  Although in the long term it would probably put up salaries and transfer fees anyway!

I feel sorry for little slave Critiano Ronaldo

he is forced to play a game for his job and be given thousands of pounds every week for it

this sort of thing makes me weep, anyone else willing to join me in starting a new charity - Help the Ungrateful ?

Although I believe I''ll get shot down for this, and I in no way support the language Blatter has used (i.e. slave Ronaldo). He should but out, as it has nothing to do with him....buuuuuuuut.

I''m inclined to somewhat agree with him.

Think about how many deals the top 4 in the premiership have made to bring players to England over the last few years. I mean just Chelsea and Man U alone you could probably count at least 10.

Where all these players in contract? Well, if they paid a fee, yes.

Did the players want to leave? Well, I assume after they were tapped up either through the media or by other non-legal means, then they did.

So, whats the difference between Manchester United paying 18million for an in contract Anderson from Porto, to Real Madrid paying 80odd million for Roanldo. Its a bit hypocritical for United to take the high ground saying that if Ronaldo were to leave, contracts just aren''t worth anything. They themselves spend millions of dollars every year to clubs to have players to break the same contracts.

Don''t hate the player, hate the game. The system not only allows this, it encourages it. It encourages it by letting agents take their cut from these massive transfer fees, which I''m sure a percentage has to make it back to the players.

Whats the betting in 2-3 years time, a move to some Italian club will be a dream come true?

i think players should have to see out their contracts. my idea is if a player joins us on a 3 year deal he has to stay for the 3 years and at the end of it we can discuse with the player wheather he wants to carry on his career with the club if no agreement is made it goes to the f.a. they decide on the players worth then clubs have to bid to the f.a for that player then he can choose which club he wants to go to. this would stop bungs, agents, and massive transfere fees that are getting stupid.