Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Club is a joke!

Today we get a story from archant stating Roeder steps up search for a striker (NO) Centre Back (NO) etc... but a Keeper (Yes)!For christs sake, we have not even got a defence to play in front of him. How about stepping up the search for the other 10 positions filled with crap beforehand!!Sad Fact is, we had a great keeper that could of challenged for the No1 spot this season, he is already in the England squad ahead of Robert Green!! The club let him go for a pathetic 400,000 or so and he is already being priced up at 3-4 Million!!Our clubs transfer poilcy stinks and I have had enough of the whole thing, Crap rumours, spin, free signings, an absolute pathetic shambles of an organisation.The sooner they are driven out the better, I am sure Roeder would not have decided to sell Joe unless he needed the money! Which came from peterborough for christs sake. Get out of this club now and let Doncaster close the door on the way out!!

There was an article on Friday/Saturday about Roeder''s hunt for new defenders. Archant don''t know what to write about at the moment, I wouldn''t get too wound up by what their topic ''du jour'' is. As for the Joe Lewis situation, I still partially blame Grant for it. If he hadn''t signed Gilks whilst panicking that his first choice might not come Lewis would probably still be here. Roeder on the surface appears to have a similar situation on his hands this summer with Gow. The difference is that rather than just signing Gow as a ''panic buy'' he seems to be holding on for his primary targets. Of course, thats all speculation though.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Today we get a story from archant stating Roeder steps up search for a striker (NO) Centre Back (NO) etc... but a Keeper (Yes)!

For christs sake, we have not even got a defence to play in front of him. How about stepping up the search for the other 10 positions filled with crap beforehand!!

Sad Fact is, we had a great keeper that could of challenged for the No1 spot this season, he is already in the England squad ahead of Robert Green!! The club let him go for a pathetic 400,000 or so and he is already being priced up at 3-4 Million!!

Our clubs transfer poilcy stinks and I have had enough of the whole thing, Crap rumours, spin, free signings, an absolute pathetic shambles of an organisation.

The sooner they are driven out the better, I am sure Roeder would not have decided to sell Joe unless he needed the money! Which came from peterborough for christs sake.

Get out of this club now and let Doncaster close the door on the way out!!
[/quote]

Well said.[Y]

Primary targets my Arse!We will put in a bid of about a million below another 3 clubs for a player and then be surprised when we lose out! We have been disappointed for years now and I see no change in policy. People on here will be saying we still have the 2.5 Million etc... we offered for Mr X when we knew nothing would come of it and then that money will have disappeared on loans!!The selling of Joe Lewis was a total and utter disgrace. After all he is the only player we have acually produced worth anything and he went as soon as he was worth nothing in todays climate!I repeat we are a total joke!!

Yes I noticed that, it looks like we are going to be relying on a striker who would struggle to hit a barn door at times in Cureton and a couple of kids who have hardly any experience in Martin and Renton to score the goals. Looks like we have missed out on our targets because they have chose to go elsewhere for more money and we are going with what we''ve got. They have now gone to Devon for the week and Roeder doesn''t exactly sound very confident that there will be any new players joining them, we have our first friendly in a few days and this is beginning to get very worrying. As you say the transfer policy of this club stinks and the sooner someone does buy this lot out the better.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Yes I noticed that, it looks like we are going to be relying on a striker who would struggle to hit a barn door at times in Cureton and a couple of kids who have hardly any experience in Martin and Renton to score the goals. Looks like we have missed out on our targets because they have chose to go elsewhere for more money and we are going with what we''ve got. They have now gone to Devon for the week and Roeder doesn''t exactly sound very confident that there will be any new players joining them, we have our first friendly in a few days and this is beginning to get very worrying. As you say the transfer policy of this club stinks and the sooner someone does buy this lot out the better.[/quote]

Just one point there, what targets do you think have gone elsewhere? Most of the names that have been floating about on these boards linked to us haven''t gone anywhere yet.

I have been thinking the exact same thing! So where are all these new premiership quality players that would be here before pre season training started?

The sooner she(delia) go''s the better!!!!!!

so while there having a little rest in exeter on my money

cause they need to get away from it all

roder your time is running out get back here and find some player

not keepers/ player who stop the ball going in and may i add someone who

has the abilty to put it in the net this last couple of weeks is turning into some sort of joke

i don''t want to sit there like i did week in week out wondering who going to score for us

and at the moment things look worse than before

please don''t give me wait a min old mate our club is looking like a laughing stock to that

lot down the road from top to bottom dear old dear

one word shambles

[quote user="norwich flag"]

one word shambles

[/quote]Thats what I thought when reading your post.

Don''t really want to agree but afraid i''ll have to, as it stands with lack of signings and worse squad than last season relegation is definitely on the cards, on a brighter note there is still 6 weeks until Coventry game so hopefully things will look loads better in 3 weeks or so. just finding it a little difficult to understand why clubs like Forest who have only sold 8000 season tickets seem to be miles ahead of us spending big in the transfer market, although Doncaster will clear that up for us by saying we can''t compete with the likes of Forest,

We have 2 defenders here on trial, Berner and Bur?. Berner is unfortunately injured so they can''t assess him. As for strikers, Roeder is saying that he will get 2 permanents in and a loan signing. Still think he will go for 5 more loanees and they will probably arrive later. He says he wants Gibbs back.

Haven''t expected much more than looks to be coming in since end of last season.

To sum up, think he will get 5 more loans 2 perm strikers, goalkeeper and 1 perm centre back. 9 total.

ryank told us that there was a Prem striker on trial and a kid from Sutton, I wonder what happened to them because the defenders have become public knowledge, why not them

I am waiting to see what happens this week, if when 5pm friday comes around and theres still NO signings...........then I''ll get my knickers in a twist

Great loads more loans to look forward to. I can hardly contain my excitement at preparing the top Prem clubs players for the future. At the same time all the transfer money will have disappeared (Again) on loan wages. Our clubs policies become more transparent as the seasons go on. I do not want a team made up of rejects and players considered "not the finished article" playing for us. I want Norwich City players we can be proud of.These defenders are only here because they are going to be free, quality costs money such as tiny who would of been a great asset here. Christ, Wolves have just offered us the amount we would not pay for him to get Shackell (Straight swap anyone???!!!)Again I say we are a Joke, We are broke and it is time to drive this organisation out of town.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Great loads more loans to look forward to. I can hardly contain my excitement at preparing the top Prem clubs players for the future. At the same time all the transfer money will have disappeared (Again) on loan wages. Our clubs policies become more transparent as the seasons go on.

I do not want a team made up of rejects and players considered "not the finished article" playing for us. I want Norwich City players we can be proud of.

These defenders are only here because they are going to be free, quality costs money such as tiny who would of been a great asset here. Christ, Wolves have just offered us the amount we would not pay for him to get Shackell (Straight swap anyone???!!!)

Again I say we are a Joke, We are broke and it is time to drive this organisation out of town.
[/quote]I feel same way as you but fear we are going to get them anyway.

I am sure someone will come in, and as someone else pointed out, none of our linked targets have gone elsewhere yet....

My REAL concern is that they are off to Devon for a fitness camp, but we are around 5-10 player short.  That is a lot to slot in within 6 weeks.  Everyone knows it takes time for new players to gel and get fit - we are going to be giving new players time to do neither.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Today we get a story from archant stating Roeder steps up search for a striker (NO) Centre Back (NO) etc... but a Keeper (Yes)!For christs sake, we have not even got a defence to play in front of him. How about stepping up the search for the other 10 positions filled with crap beforehand!!Sad Fact is, we had a great keeper that could of challenged for the No1 spot this season, he is already in the England squad ahead of Robert Green!! The club let him go for a pathetic 400,000 or so and he is already being priced up at 3-4 Million!!Our clubs transfer poilcy stinks and I have had enough of the whole thing, Crap rumours, spin, free signings, an absolute pathetic shambles of an organisation.The sooner they are driven out the better, I am sure Roeder would not have decided to sell Joe unless he needed the money! Which came from peterborough for christs sake. Get out of this club now and let Doncaster close the door on the way out!![/quote]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Great loads more loans to look forward to. I can hardly contain my excitement at preparing the top Prem clubs players for the future. At the same time all the transfer money will have disappeared (Again) on loan wages. Our clubs policies become more transparent as the seasons go on.

I do not want a team made up of rejects and players considered "not the finished article" playing for us. I want Norwich City players we can be proud of.

These defenders are only here because they are going to be free, quality costs money such as tiny who would of been a great asset here. Christ, Wolves have just offered us the amount we would not pay for him to get Shackell (Straight swap anyone???!!!)

Again I say we are a Joke, We are broke and it is time to drive this organisation out of town.
[/quote]

I totally agree with you. We cant keep having loan players all the time. However, Glenn has produced a couple of good ones i must admit.

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="kdncfc"]Yes I noticed that, it looks like we are going to be relying on a striker who would struggle to hit a barn door at times in Cureton and a couple of kids who have hardly any experience in Martin and Renton to score the goals. Looks like we have missed out on our targets because they have chose to go elsewhere for more money and we are going with what we''ve got. They have now gone to Devon for the week and Roeder doesn''t exactly sound very confident that there will be any new players joining them, we have our first friendly in a few days and this is beginning to get very worrying. As you say the transfer policy of this club stinks and the sooner someone does buy this lot out the better.[/quote]

Just one point there, what targets do you think have gone elsewhere? Most of the names that have been floating about on these boards linked to us haven''t gone anywhere yet.[/quote]

If they''re coming here they seem to be taking a long time to arrive, Roeder was really upbeat a couple of weeks ago but the way he''s talking about Cureton, Martin and Renton staking a claim to be our strikers it makes me think that he''s now having to rely on players he has criticised in the past because his targets have told him they''re not coming here. Desperately hope I''m wrong but Roeder has certainly changed his tune.

In actual fact thinking about these facts Roeder has made 2 awful decisions in his time here (If he had a say?) To not pay a million when a Club is now offering the same for shacks looks a shocking decision, as does letting Joe Lewis go for peanuts!!I am convinced a manager with true ambition of getting out of this league would want both at the club, why would''nt you given the squad size? I am convinced the club are a tight as a Gnats Chuff!!

[/quote]

Brilliant...not. So how would we pay the players if we bought them then? Loans are free....and you are claiming it would eat up our transfer budget to pay them....how would we pay players if....heaven forbid (in your naive eyes!).....we actually paid some money for them in the first place? How exactly would that work? And as far as preparing players for the top Prem clubs....why ever not? As you''ve put it...TOP Prem clubs....these lads will eventually play at the top of the English game...they obviously have talent...don''t they, or they wouldn''t be at these top clubs! These players still need development...although their talent is obviously apparant for them to ever be at these big clubs.

Please tell me...step by step...how you would exactly go about running the club and make a profit? (It is a business at the end of the day!)

Absolute tosh!We have never seen the Ashton or Earnshaw or Green money reinvested, however it has been bled away in loans (Apparently)These players are not top class Jimmy smith (Crap) Pearce (Hardly played) Gibbs (Crap) and the other bod from Reading who was so un-influential I cant even remember his name.We have been spun, lied to, cheated for far too long (even Adams cant explain where the money has gone) Every season we hear stories about this player and that and get nothing. We then go crawling to the Prem Clubs for there excess to barely make up a squad. Teams like Doncaster will come here next year with no loans, beat us and then we will be given some dribble by Neil Doncaster about what a good side they are etc...etc... Just like Scunthorpe last season and look how good they were!!Why did we argue about a pathetic amount of money over Taylor ? The man clearly fitted in and could of became a real driving force here. I would rather see the money from player sales re-invested in the squad not the kitchen!! The side gets weaker year in year out with less Re-Sale value (we never buy any of our own players) Other clubs manage this on far smaller income from tickets and other sales so why cant we???Maybe we cant afford to keep the Ashtons of this world, but we could at least re-invest 5 million of the money on 5 of our own players (One may just make the whole lot back?) Wages that you mention should not be a problem as we only have 14 Pro players surely we can afford 19?As for the 16 Million debt, I just dont buy it. We must have the worst financial advisor going (Doncaster?) I swear they say that it is not profitable to run a football club at a profit??? I believe it to be something to do with tax hence investing in Kitchens!! How about some players?????

I have to say that from having been reasonably optomistic when GR made his statement at the start of June, about several new faces before pre-season training, I am now totally deflated, and am beginning to believe that there will be no major signings, YET AGAIN, before the start of the season.

If GR is aware of his transfer budget, and has been so all along, then he is as good at the spin as the rest of our board.

I really do fear for us this season as our squad is even thinner that the one Grant produced last year.  I do believe that PC will watch from the sidelines, if not spoken to by Queen Delia and the rest of her tea party, until he can see the same scenario as he watched up to October last year, along with the NC faithful, with great dismay causing him to make his initial offer.

I hope and pray that it is then, if not before that he makes what I suspect will be a hostile take over of the club and will be supported by the disgruntled fans.

I used to have faith in the board, but to be honest this is now all but gone, due to the way they have treated the best supporters in the Country.  I suspect that the one big signing they think and hope we are all going to be so happy with and get them off the hook will be the return of Ched (on loan).  I don''t know about the rest of you, but if this is as I suspect, then I for one will be chanting BOARD OUT!

Having said all of the above I hope I am wrong for the sake of the club, but...........................

Dan,Neil Doncaster does scarily look like the one bottom left with the Yellow and Green jacket on (Coincidence?)And Foulger looks rather like Fozzy bear. Any more spots???

SHUT UP you plonker.  Give him time. Have you no patience.  No one has any idea whats happening behind the scenes so stop bloody whinging.

Yes only just noticed. They does look like Mr D. I burst out laughing every time i look at that picture.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Today we get a story from archant stating Roeder steps up search for a striker (NO) Centre Back (NO) etc... but a Keeper (Yes)!For christs sake, we have not even got a defence to play in front of him. How about stepping up the search for the other 10 positions filled with crap beforehand!!Sad Fact is, we had a great keeper that could of challenged for the No1 spot this season, he is already in the England squad ahead of Robert Green!! The club let him go for a pathetic 400,000 or so and he is already being priced up at 3-4 Million!!Our clubs transfer poilcy stinks and I have had enough of the whole thing, Crap rumours, spin, free signings, an absolute pathetic shambles of an organisation.The sooner they are driven out the better, I am sure Roeder would not have decided to sell Joe unless he needed the money! Which came from peterborough for christs sake. Get out of this club now and let Doncaster close the door on the way out!![/quote]Are you glad you got all that off your chest? I would just like to say a few things1) Roeder has come out numerous times and talked about getting new defenders and strikers, way before he mentioned anything about a GK. What the EDP chooses to write about isn''t up to Roeder. On Friday he talked about getting 3 or 4 strikers in, or is that not enough?2) Joe Lewis was in the England squad because all other choices were on holiday, and it was two, mean nothing friendlies. If Greeno hadn''t of been climbing some mountain he would of been in the squad. Joe was with the under-21s and readily available. He is being priced up by Barry Fry, if you believe everything he says you are more foolish than you already come across. 5m for McLean anyone???3) Crap rumours, whose fault is that? Doncaster? Delia? Roeder? The overactive imagination of fans and local media trying to pick sales up in close season? 1 free signing so far and Clingon sounds like he is a pretty good player. Yet to see him play, but have read a lot of good things about him. When you consider we have spent 250k and have Clingon, Hoolihan and Betrand in, I think our transfer policy is working out pretty well at the moment. 4) Back to the Joe Lewis thing (surely this has been covered to death), 400k is a really, really good price for a player who''s entire experience was 6 months in League 2. Especially when you consider we have Marshall, Rudd and Steer.Just try to relax, and the new players will start coming in over the next few weeks. Maybe we''ll spend big bucks, maybe we won''t but Roeder has been pretty consistent with his transfers so far. So I won''t worry too much.

Whilst I am on the ''Snakepit boys'' side of the arguement I still remain hopeful that the board will see sense and PC will succeed in the end.

Just to put a more positive slant on the trip to Devon - could it be that GR has sorted all the transfers out and they will be making their way this week.

Blast! I''ve just realised that means he''s left everything to the Doomladen one. Ok Ok forget it. I''ll get my coat.