Sign in to follow this  
BunnyB

Is something going on we don't know about?

I have read on here that the reason the Gow transfer has taken so long is that the PR people are busy with a suspected takeover talk. Have Delia and MWJ decided to talk to Cullum and they are trying to thrash out a deal because it has all gone quiet all of a sudden? Or is their someone else in the pipe lines that we havn''t heard about? I think it is going to be an interesting few weeks as there might be more happening in the backround than we are aware of. If anyone has any info don''t hold back but i am quitely optamistic that something might be happening as we havn''t heard Roeder complaining that he hasn''t got enough money, and some of the players we have been linked to eg. Skoko, Ameobi,Sibierski arn''t going to come here on small wages. So i think interesting times ahead.

OTBC

You''re probably correct about things happening in the background but I''m not sure that''s why we haven''t signed Gow.  Apparently he''s keen to stay in Scotland and is keeping his options open for now.  Roeder said the other day that there''d been contact with him but no progress, but neither is it a definite no-go.

Lets be honest, anything could be going on behind the scenes. At the minute its total silence, no players in and the two new ones not unveiled.  Cullum has not publicly made an offer, NO news on Delias outburst and other investment sources.We really dont have a clue and that is a disgrace.[quote user="Bunny"]

I have read on here that the reason the Gow transfer has taken so long is that the PR people are busy with a suspected takeover talk. Have Delia and MWJ decided to talk to Cullum and they are trying to thrash out a deal because it has all gone quiet all of a sudden? Or is their someone else in the pipe lines that we havn''t heard about? I think it is going to be an interesting few weeks as there might be more happening in the backround than we are aware of. If anyone has any info don''t hold back but i am quitely optamistic that something might be happening as we havn''t heard Roeder complaining that he hasn''t got enough money, and some of the players we have been linked to eg. Skoko, Ameobi,Sibierski arn''t going to come here on small wages. So i think interesting times ahead.

OTBC

[/quote]

There was a Scottish news report today that claimed all of our transfers were ''frozen'' while the takeover was being completed, but I suspect that is nothing more than ''creative'' journalism. In fact, I''d put serious money on it. I guess that''s what the first poster on here is talking about.

Yes i read that. Maybe thats why the team have gone away to let the takeover commence so it doesnt distract his players?  Antoine Sibierski has been spotted in tesco''s in Plymouth.

[quote user="Mark Smith"]There was a Scottish news report today that claimed all of our transfers were ''frozen'' while the takeover was being completed, but I suspect that is nothing more than ''creative'' journalism. In fact, I''d put serious money on it. I guess that''s what the first poster on here is talking about.[/quote]

Agreed.  We really haven''t a clue.  But if the Cullum deal was definitely on or off they''d have to tell us sometime.

[quote user="Mark Smith"]There was a Scottish news report today that claimed all of our transfers were ''frozen'' while the takeover was being completed, but I suspect that is nothing more than ''creative'' journalism. In fact, I''d put serious money on it. I guess that''s what the first poster on here is talking about.[/quote]When clubs are in the last parts of a takeover they have a transfer embargo enforced on them I believe. Could''ve just made that up mind but I remember it from somewhere.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Mark Smith"]There was a Scottish news report today that claimed all of our transfers were ''frozen'' while the takeover was being completed, but I suspect that is nothing more than ''creative'' journalism. In fact, I''d put serious money on it. I guess that''s what the first poster on here is talking about.[/quote]

Agreed.  We really haven''t a clue.  But if the Cullum deal was definitely on or off they''d have to tell us sometime.

[/quote]

I meant to add:  In an odd sort of way I welcome the silence.  No news is not necessarily good news, but I''d prefer to wait for a definite outcome instead of wading through acres of spin. 

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="Mark Smith"]There was a Scottish news report today that claimed all of our transfers were ''frozen'' while the takeover was being completed, but I suspect that is nothing more than ''creative'' journalism. In fact, I''d put serious money on it. I guess that''s what the first poster on here is talking about.[/quote]
When clubs are in the last parts of a takeover they have a transfer embargo enforced on them I believe. Could''ve just made that up mind but I remember it from somewhere.
[/quote]

excuse my lack of knowledge, but what exactly is an embargo, and what does it entail?

[quote user="nu_matik"]

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="Mark Smith"]There was a Scottish news report today that claimed all of our transfers were ''frozen'' while the takeover was being completed, but I suspect that is nothing more than ''creative'' journalism. In fact, I''d put serious money on it. I guess that''s what the first poster on here is talking about.[/quote]When clubs are in the last parts of a takeover they have a transfer embargo enforced on them I believe. Could''ve just made that up mind but I remember it from somewhere.[/quote]

excuse my lack of knowledge, but what exactly is an embargo, and what does it entail?

[/quote]It means no transfers cannot be started, continued or completed whilst the club is under the embargo. When clubs go in administration they are automatically placed under the same thing.

[quote user="nu_matik"]

[/quote]

From Google: An embargo refers to some form of prohibition or ban. It specifically refers to a directive of the government prohibiting the access of its ports and restricting the movement of ships located there. In the modern world it is a step taken by a government to stop or restrict trading with other nations. The word Embargo comes from the Spanish word “embargar” which means “to impede” and is derived from the Latin word “imbarricare” which means “to barricade”. (Gosh!).

It is also used in issuing press releases: eg "embargo until noon on 10th July". Thus when Delia wants to tell us the latest on any takeover talks via the press, a press release can be issued to everyone on the morning of the announcement by various means (email, fax, by hand etc) but recipients are not supposed to release the contents until the embargo (restriction) has passed - that way everyone is treated the same. (If you do spill the beans early then you''re likely to be crossed off the next press release list for the next takeover...). If someone is buying a club, it makes sense that no new assets (players) are acquired or exceptional expenditure incuured until after the deal has been completed (and the new owners in control). Hence an embargo on new players being signed.

On the otherhand, if no-one is taking over the club it doesn''t mean we''ll hear anything soon on new signings....

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]ask the SCG they''ll know....(NB; for those who do not understand such things this is a joke)[/quote]

The SCG are assisting the club by helping feed the paper shredders.......[;)]

Is there an embargo on transfers or are the Scottish press just making an assumption?

You''d think the local press would have got hold of it, if it were true - or at least another media source if Archant are keeping shtum.

There is a lot of wishful thinking going on here. The most likely scenario is that Neil Doncaster in his usual form is not matching offers to valuations. Doncaster has to be the leagues worst transfer negotiater.

I don''t believe for one minute that there is a transfer embargo.  Wait until the window closes and Doncaster will reel off a list of targets they just missed blaming other chief execs and player agents.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]An ''embargo'' is ''o grab me'' spelt backwards. It''s the exact reverse of what the club said to Cullum.
[/quote]

Ho ho - very good!

For what it''s worth I don''t believe there is an embargo on transfers - there isn''t a deal from Cullum on the table yet. Whilst an embargo could be in place once a deal was agreed, transfers could still go through with both old and new shareholders in agreement.