Sign in to follow this  
barclay seats 4849

Just been down to Colney..............

I went to Colney this morning and was stopped by a security, I was told that "watching training is allowed........................but not this week...............something to do with the take over "..??

They dont want media to get wind of who they have on trial, for obvious reasons, but I know that they have two unattached players and two contracted players training with them with a view to signing. I cant disclose anymore as I dont know anymore, other than that one is a centre back.

I imagine that you aren''t missing much. Probably just Roeder and a bunch of cones, wondering why we have no players or back room staff out there.

You could have said that you were a share holder.  And then informed the security guy that you were technically his employer and asked him to step aside.[;)]

[quote user="barclay seats 48 49"]I went to Colney this morning and was stopped by a security, I was told that "watching training is allowed........................but not this week...............something to do with the take over "..??[/quote]

Its getting more like SS headquarters up there just lately, no doubt intrusted by Haupman Roeder acting under orders from Oberstumfurher Smith![:@]

[quote user="ryank"]

They dont want media to get wind of who they have on trial, for obvious reasons, but I know that they have two unattached players and two contracted players training with them with a view to signing. I cant disclose anymore as I dont know anymore, other than that one is a centre back.

[/quote]

Ahem !.....................something to do with the takeover

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="barclay seats 48 49"]I went to Colney this morning and was stopped by a security, I was told that "watching training is allowed........................but not this week...............something to do with the take over "..??[/quote]

Its getting more like SS headquarters up there just lately, no doubt intrusted by Haupman Roeder acting under orders from Oberstumfurher Smith![:@]

[/quote]*yawn*

If it''s "something to do with the takeover" then I suspect its more to do with them not wanting any fans/media to ask any awkward quesitons while things are still up in the air.

[quote user="ryank"]

[/quote]

Now thats a very welcome bit of news after all this investment debate! Anymore you can divulge ryank?

[quote user="pickle"]source for these trials?[/quote]

Pickle there will not be a single club in the land that does not have a trialist or two behind closed doors in pre season, even if they are just youth players, this is standard for every club, if you have ever known anybody that is trying to make it in football then you would know this.  You will also understand why the club doesnt want its rivals to know who it has on trial, as often these players are free agents and thus attractive propositions. This is why you hear very little about trialists, but trials happen all the time throughout the country, you would be suprised. My cousin, I think I have stated this before, had a pro contract in scotland and then for a league two team. In pre season he was invited for trial after trial which basically involved training for a week with the a squad, one of these was with Tony Adams at Wycombe, and he told me that there were almost a dozen trialists in the first week and then this was wittled down to four in the second week who they wanted a closer look at.

Now I know that we are not a league two team but this happens at every level of football, this is why we didnt hear about the American goalkeeper Matt Pickens and Lucien Mettomo being on trial at the club until after it happened.

Anyway, my sauce is ketchup, oh i mean secret ;-). But nonetheless very reliable.

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="ryank"]

[/quote]

Now thats a very welcome bit of news after all this investment debate! Anymore you can divulge ryank?

[/quote]

Unfortunately not mate, I want my source to remain my source and more importantly my friend!, im sure you understand! But the centre back is a free agent after being released by his club, who are a big club you will be pleased to know. Im sorry mate but thats all I can divulge. If it ended up in the paper I wouldnt be able to live with myself, its in everyones interests that these things remain a secret.

[quote user="Huddy KTF"]

Its not darren powell is it

Ick! [+o(]

[/quote]

I can categorically state ''No'' to this. But dont expect me to entertain a process of elimination, its pointless anyway as most trials amount to nothing.

I had a look over the trees on the bridge on the Colney Road and there were about 20 players training /running.  Interestingly there were 7 members of staff in yellow shirts including Roeder, Clark and Stephenson.  The other 4? I did not recognise any of them - no sign of Steve Black.  The guy timing the running sessions was a very big guy(!) who did not look like a personal trainer!!! 

Manchester United released four players (youth players I think...) in the last few days - maybe it''s one or some of them..?

Like Ryan says, trials are not a new thing, and happen a lot. The one''s that go unnoticed are invariably the one''s that amount to nothing and the player/s disappear off to trial with other Clubs.

No news is therefore not necessarily bad news...

[quote user="ryank"]

[quote user="pickle"]source for these trials?[/quote]

Pickle there will not be a single club in the land that does not have a trialist or two behind closed doors in pre season, even if they are just youth players, this is standard for every club, if you have ever known anybody that is trying to make it in football then you would know this.  You will also understand why the club doesnt want its rivals to know who it has on trial, as often these players are free agents and thus attractive propositions. This is why you hear very little about trialists, but trials happen all the time throughout the country, you would be suprised. My cousin, I think I have stated this before, had a pro contract in scotland and then for a league two team. In pre season he was invited for trial after trial which basically involved training for a week with the a squad, one of these was with Tony Adams at Wycombe, and he told me that there were almost a dozen trialists in the first week and then this was wittled down to four in the second week who they wanted a closer look at.

Now I know that we are not a league two team but this happens at every level of football, this is why we didnt hear about the American goalkeeper Matt Pickens and Lucien Mettomo being on trial at the club until after it happened.

Anyway, my sauce is ketchup, oh i mean secret ;-). But nonetheless very reliable.

[/quote]

agree with Ryan.. we often read about "player has not been offered a contract with the club after a 2 week trial" or wtahever in the press without even knowing they were here!

I expect with the pre season tour and the games against the local teams we might have 1 or 2 more trialists either starting or coming off the bench... if they are still here for Spurs and Col Utd at Carrow road then theres a good chance they have impressed

jas :)

Only problem is if they are on trial that usually means they are sh*t as if they are any good we would not need them to train with us before deciding whether to buy or not.

[quote user="Steve Hopkins"]Probably just Roeder and a bunch of cones[/quote]Is that a new way of describing our squad? Stick out tongue [:P]

If your looking at signing an experienced prem player whos been released, surely you dont need 2 weeks to make a decision.  Trialists who we know nothing about would indicate players from lower leagues or worse, non league.  Do you think freebies like Clingan, Semi and Fozzy spent time on trial? 

Trialists also have a fairly poor record for us in recent years, Velasco and Dave striker spring to mind, doesn''t fill me with a lot of confidence.