Sign in to follow this  
hailtothechimp

Andrew (don't call me Andy) Cole

There does seems to be many people saying that Andy Cole is signing.

I think he would be a great signing.

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Im 15 years old and my mate plays for the under 16s academy side and he told me yesterday that Andy Cole was at the training ground for a good few hours!

Hope this helps

[/quote]

Of course he was Ryan.......I shared a bacon sarnie with his agent in Morrisons yesterday as well!.[;)]

[quote user="king of latvia"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]In a word............crap!.[/quote]

another positive post wiz.

[/quote]

Maybe so King.............but its true.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Im 15 years old and my mate plays for the under 16s academy side and he told me yesterday that Andy Cole was at the training ground for a good few hours!

Hope this helps

[/quote]

Of course he was Ryan.......I shared a bacon sarnie with his agent in Morrisons yesterday as well!.[;)]

[/quote]  15 years old Wiz...he must be lying!!!!!

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Hope this helps

[/quote]If you are who you say you are then Thanks very much for the information. At the moment nobody believes anyone mainly because of Gordon, who posts lots of fibs. 

[quote user="Dion''s Lightsaber"]

I''ve read this for forum long enough to know that no-one will take a blind bit of notice of this as I haven''t posted before but had to share this ... 

I work at a Housing Assoc. who are based in the offices at Carra Rud and on my way back from Morrisons (not Asda!!) at lunch I passed Neil Doncaster on the stairs up to my office and he was with Andy Cole and another chap who I didnt recognise... It wasn''t Clingan or Hoolihan as I would recognise them.

Make of it what you will but I had to pass it on...

[/quote I will believe you. Thankyou very much.

I passed a Neil Doncaster once...It took 3 days for him to go through my digestive system...But in the end, it was worth it. SPLADOOSH![:P]

I passed a Neil Doncaster once...It took 3 days for him to go through my digestive system...But in the end, it was worth it. SPLADOOSH![:P]

Interesting piece in the EEN tonight. A young man saw Andy Cole in the checking in queue at Norwich Airport in the week so went and asked him if he had been to talk to the club. He said he''d just flown down for the day to visit friends in Norwich. He said he didn''t have a club at the moment but didn''t say much more.

Guys name was given so it wasn''t a wind up, so was he visiting fiends or was he down to talk to the club?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Interesting piece in the EEN tonight. A young man saw Andy Cole in the checking in queue at Norwich Airport in the week so went and asked him if he had been to talk to the club. He said he''d just flown down for the day to visit friends in Norwich. He said he didn''t have a club at the moment but didn''t say much more.

Guys name was given so it wasn''t a wind up, so was he visiting fiends or was he down to talk to the club?

[/quote]To be fair, if I were a footballer and got rumbled somewhere, that would be the excuse I gave too. I reckon he''s signed - it''s like the Hoolahan deal. So many people have now said it I think it''s as good as done.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]To be fair, if I were a footballer and got rumbled somewhere, that would be the excuse I gave too. I reckon he''s signed - it''s like the Hoolahan deal. So many people have now said it I think it''s as good as done. [/quote]Absolutely, He has already signed, Just like Hoolahan...  [:S]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[:@]   If not fabricated that is terrible news, but if it''s going to materialise I''ll try my hardest to say something positive about the signing of Cole:I think Glen Hoddle is a twot, but in my estimation he wasn''t far wrong when he quipped that his decision not to select Cole for the World Cup in 1998 was because he needed 6 or 7 chances to score one goal.With that in mind and the additional fact that Cole is a whole decade older, Roeder is going to have to change tact from being a defense minded manager for such a player to prove effective - it''s either that or sign up an energetic Forward who''s prepared to get back.With the exception of Ostemober & Croft who both seem unable to deliver a decent cross, and with not a single creative central-midfielder in the present squad I seriously wonder where the skill & pace is going to come from in order to create the myriad chances a player like Cole needs to score goals -- with or without Cole we desperately need pace & creativity in the afforementioned areas; let alone a centre-half of Martin Taylor''s ilk.Suffice it to say, if Roeder alters his mind-set & proceeds to sign the players necessary to make it work then I''ll be the first to muster a fleeting thumbs up to the acquisition of Andy Cole.

Funny how this old striker who will score you 20+ goals a season with the right supply is not wanted by any other Championship sides , who else were after him , us and Leeds , what a coup well done all at Ncfc .

How many goals did Dion score in two seasons , im afraid the silly sentimental City fans turned him into something of a legend , when in fact he was average in a well below average side .

I think, if Andy Cole arrived, that would be a brilliant coup for Norwich.

Not only would he be the father figure to the younger lads (like Dion was), he has the experience at times when we will need it, he has grown around a winning mentality at clubs like Man Utd and Newcastle, and I still believe he would have something to give us in the form of goals (didnt he bag a few for Burnley earlier this season?)

The only good thing i can see from Andy Cole signing is that Cureton wont get a game , very very bad signing though and not the type of person to be a father figure to anybody .

Why wont Cureton play ? similar types , why is he a very bad signing ? no team at our level should need to employ the sevices of an old man , its a we have no money signing , why wont he be a father figure to the younger lads ? whats he going to teach them how to stick one on the missus .