Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahans Ped

Away Shirt

[quote user="CanaryKid2k8"]We finally find out on Wednesday what our new away kit is going to be. I reckon it''ll be black and gold. [/quote]You off to the Norfolk Show then CanaryKid!

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]Is that where they will show it off?[/quote]Tis where it will be first shown indeed. 

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="CanaryKid2k8"]We finally find out on Wednesday what our new away kit is going to be. I reckon it''ll be black and gold. [/quote]

You off to the Norfolk Show then CanaryKid!

[/quote]

I''m thinking about it.

If RAC are sponsoring it as some people thought earlier in the summer I reckon it may be a dark blue colour with the RAC logo spelt in Orange. It can''t be vice versa as it would clash with Blackpool, Wolves etc who already clash with yellow (sort of).

Its about time we had a blue away kit we''ve had red, green and white.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Erm blue.......are you raving mad lol..............when you think of blue which team comes into your head?[/quote]

Ha, good point, though I reckon our boys would wear it better than the binners ever could!

Yeah, not the best of ideas, and I doubt that the Sponsors would have as much influence on shirt design... plus, not sure if RAC would be put on the away shirt as when I was involved with it all Aviva (as is) were keen to distance the two brands, mainly because RAC has a far better reputation out in the field.  And trust me on that one, for I have "sources" and more importantly "was there"... [:P] Might have changed now, mind... guess we''ll see...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Yeah, not the best of ideas, and I doubt that the Sponsors would have as much influence on shirt design... plus, not sure if RAC would be put on the away shirt as when I was involved with it all Aviva (as is) were keen to distance the two brands, mainly because RAC has a far better reputation out in the field.  And trust me on that one, for I have "sources" and more importantly "was there"... [:P] Might have changed now, mind... guess we''ll see...[/quote]Doubt they would have put ''Ford Insure'' on shirts either,reckon it will just be Aviva.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Erm blue.......are you raving mad lol..............when you think of blue which team comes into your head?[/quote]

I didn''t mean that sort of blue (Scum Blue) I meant like the one we had in 94 95 (i think ) the chequed one but without the cheques.

just read on the official site that its only going to be running for 1 season again ffs can we have an away kit that lasts for 2 please i cant remember the last time we kept it for 2 seasons.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

im sure i have seen a white one somewhere...

jas :)

[/quote]

White with green piping on the sleeves during the Colmans sponsorship. Can`t remember the dates, must have been around late 90`s.

We also had a navy blue with dayglo yellow shoulder flashes during that period , which remains to this day, one of my personal favourites....

If its RAC sponsored do they have to stop and salute when the opposition go passed.

If you dont understand this ask someone older

[quote user="The Butler"]

If its RAC sponsored do they have to stop and salute when the opposition go passed.

If you dont understand this ask someone older

[/quote]

I`m older!!!

That was the AA in the days of the motorcycle breakdown units.....bike and sidecar with tools in it>

Shame we''re not sponsored by the Caravan Club - then we could all be one happy family.

Bit off topic this I know, but traditionally, don''t we parade some of our summer signings at the Show??? Maybe we will have more in by then.......

[quote user="Caaanary"]Bit off topic this I know, but traditionally, don''t we parade some of our summer signings at the Show??? Maybe we will have more in by then.......[/quote]

There will be a summer signing at the Royal Norfolk Show..................

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED24%20Jun%202008%2010%3A15%3A26%3A417

[quote user="Kathy"]

[quote user="Caaanary"]Bit off topic this I know, but traditionally, don''t we parade some of our summer signings at the Show??? Maybe we will have more in by then.......[/quote]

There will be a summer signing at the Royal Norfolk Show..................

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED24%20Jun%202008%2010%3A15%3A26%3A417

[/quote]Interesting that she crawls out of the woodwork when she''s got something to sell!

Thought the new away shirt was gonna be Orange and black? Sure someone once posted that a while back?

New away shirt, Black shirt with yellow on the top of the arms and RAC in orange on front. For a photo follow link:

http://carrowroad.net/cnews/modules/news/article.php?storyid=65

It''s not the new shirt - only a mock-up of a suggested design - based on the uniform worn at the RAC call centre presumably. The official site says the away top will be AVIVA....

I know its what they think it will look like, but i have a feeling someone has seen it, so its going to look very similar to the one in the photo.