Sign in to follow this  
roland rat

Alan Gow to join from Rangers

[quote user="Scottlarock"]I saw him in a few Airdire games (my Dad supports them) and he is quality. It is an excellent signing and a total bargain.[/quote]Which rather prompts the question if he is quality why are Rangers flogging him for £250,000 , i very much doubt they would let us have Kris Boyd for that sort of fee would they ?

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"][quote user="Scottlarock"]I saw him in a few Airdire games (my Dad supports them) and he is quality. It is an excellent signing and a total bargain.[/quote]Which rather prompts the question if he is quality why are Rangers flogging him for £250,000 , i very much doubt they would let us have Kris Boyd for that sort of fee would they ?[/quote]Becuase they want him off the wage bill? Kris Boyd plays under Smith therefore will be more expensive. I can''t believe people are slating him because he is cheap or playing in the reserves for the UEFA Cup finalists, we''re hardly likely to be signing there first teamers are we.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Malky Malk"]

A friend of mine works for a car dealer in the city who sponsor Gunnys car, Gunny was supposed to be making an appearance on their stand at the Norfolk Show today but said he could not make it as he has a Player coming down for talks..... Could this be Alan Gow ref the other thread??

MM

[/quote]

Oh geeeeeez another scottish footballer! Didint we learn anything from Grants jock flops?

[/quote]Appartently not TwoSheds..........a 6ft donkey who was to be a make weight in a deal with Burnley which fell through..........be afraid!.[:''(][/quote]

6ft donkey? On what information do you base your statement? Why exactly did the deal with Burnley fall through? Please tell us as you seem to have prior knowledge of all this.

[/quote]It''s best to ignore Wiz when he gets like this. If he doesnt get the attention he might stop for a bit. Kind of like my little brother, but more annoying and normally makes less sense [:D]

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"][quote user="Scottlarock"]I saw him in a few Airdire games (my Dad supports them) and he is quality. It is an excellent signing and a total bargain.[/quote]Which rather prompts the question if he is quality why are Rangers flogging him for £250,000 , i very much doubt they would let us have Kris Boyd for that sort of fee would they ?[/quote]Becuase they want him off the wage bill? Kris Boyd plays under Smith therefore will be more expensive. I can''t believe people are slating him because he is cheap or playing in the reserves for the UEFA Cup finalists, we''re hardly likely to be signing there first teamers are we.[/quote]That Cousin is supposed to be handy, lets go for him instead! Mind, I''d imagine the binners will bid for him, they like their Cousins down that way...

Oh i give in hes a fantastic signing and im sure he will make Norris,Garvan and that Shumi bloke down the road look third rate .

The number of frankly disgraceful posts on this thread is absolutely sickening. For a start, the abuse against Scottish players is now bordering on racist - and in my opinion, unjustly. When Grant was here, he signed Lappin, Fotheringham, Marshall and errr... well, umm.... Not Scottish was Ashdown, Warner, Brellier, Strihavka, Brown, Chadwick, Curo and Otsemobor. How many of those Scottish players have been a failure? Lappin. Don''t give me the BS that Fotheringham and Marshall are rubbish because they''re not.How many of the other nationalities were failures? Ashdown, Brellier, Strihavka and Brown. There are plenty of very good Scottish players out there; it''s no coincidence that the Scottish national team frequently achieve better results against a stronger set of opposition than the English national team. Grant''s failures were not in the players he picked, but the standards he kept - players weren''t disciplined enough, weren''t fit enough and weren''t tactically aware. Now I''m not saying that Gow will be a great signing; I know nothing about the chap. What I''m saying is that this Scottish players are crap assumption is unfair.

He''s quality...Owen Coyle (Burnley manager) was desperate to get him as he''s played with and managed him before.......we have a bargain, trust me.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"][quote user="Scottlarock"]I saw him in a few Airdire games (my Dad supports them) and he is quality. It is an excellent signing and a total bargain.
[/quote]

Which rather prompts the question if he is quality why are Rangers flogging him for £250,000 , i very much doubt they would let us have Kris Boyd for that sort of fee would they ?
[/quote]
Becuase they want him off the wage bill? Kris Boyd plays under Smith therefore will be more expensive. I can''t believe people are slating him because he is cheap or playing in the reserves for the UEFA Cup finalists, we''re hardly likely to be signing there first teamers are we.
[/quote]

That Cousin is supposed to be handy, lets go for him instead! Mind, I''d imagine the binners will bid for him, they like their Cousins down that way...
[/quote]

Haha [:D]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]The number of frankly disgraceful posts on this thread is absolutely sickening. For a start, the abuse against Scottish players is now bordering on racist - and in my opinion, unjustly. When Grant was here, he signed Lappin, Fotheringham, Marshall and errr... well, umm.... Not Scottish was Ashdown, Warner, Brellier, Strihavka, Brown, Chadwick, Curo and Otsemobor. How many of those Scottish players have been a failure? Lappin. Don''t give me the BS that Fotheringham and Marshall are rubbish because they''re not.How many of the other nationalities were failures? Ashdown, Brellier, Strihavka and Brown. There are plenty of very good Scottish players out there; it''s no coincidence that the Scottish national team frequently achieve better results against a stronger set of opposition than the English national team. Grant''s failures were not in the players he picked, but the standards he kept - players weren''t disciplined enough, weren''t fit enough and weren''t tactically aware. Now I''m not saying that Gow will be a great signing; I know nothing about the chap. What I''m saying is that this Scottish players are crap assumption is unfair. [/quote]Think you make a lot of sense there Marshmallow Man, why people have to slate players before they have even seen them play is beyond me!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]The number of frankly disgraceful posts on this thread is absolutely sickening. For a start, the abuse against Scottish players is now bordering on racist - and in my opinion, unjustly.

When Grant was here, he signed Lappin, Fotheringham, Marshall and errr... well, umm....

Not Scottish was Ashdown, Warner, Brellier, Strihavka, Brown, Chadwick, Curo and Otsemobor.

How many of those Scottish players have been a failure? Lappin. Don''t give me the BS that Fotheringham and Marshall are rubbish because they''re not.

How many of the other nationalities were failures? Ashdown, Brellier, Strihavka and Brown.

There are plenty of very good Scottish players out there; it''s no coincidence that the Scottish national team frequently achieve better results against a stronger set of opposition than the English national team. Grant''s failures were not in the players he picked, but the standards he kept - players weren''t disciplined enough, weren''t fit enough and weren''t tactically aware.

Now I''m not saying that Gow will be a great signing; I know nothing about the chap. What I''m saying is that this Scottish players are crap assumption is unfair.
[/quote]

Spot on there MarshmallowMan, this fixation with Scottish players being naff has got to stop, its getting silly now.

gotta say, roedys 3 signings sound promising so far - (hooly-gow-& clingon - assuming they come).  we all know hooly is the biz - gow sounds like he could be a good''un, assuming he can step up from rangers reserves to the champs - while clingon by all accounts is a midfield dynamo (hopefully in the sidwell type bracket, if not why bother???).  these 3 are all at good ages, with potential to improve.  looking forward to see the boys play to confirm they are the real deal though><> sounds like rusty''s days are numbered - esp after being dropped backend last season, wouldn''t be surprsied to see him go.  which is all well and good - but if clingon can''t match rusty, then we could be in trouble next season, esp against the better sides...

[quote user="jjjohnny"]ian murray gave him a glowing reference i quote "he''s really good,nearly as good as me"[:D][/quote]Good point, forgot Murray - the second Scottish failure, without a doubt.