Sign in to follow this  
roland rat

Alan Gow to join from Rangers

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Malky Malk"]

A friend of mine works for a car dealer in the city who sponsor Gunnys car, Gunny was supposed to be making an appearance on their stand at the Norfolk Show today but said he could not make it as he has a Player coming down for talks..... Could this be Alan Gow ref the other thread??

MM

[/quote]

Oh geeeeeez another scottish footballer! Didint we learn anything from Grants jock flops?

[/quote]Appartently not TwoSheds..........a 6ft donkey who was to be a make weight in a deal with Burnley which fell through..........be afraid!.[:''(][/quote]

6ft donkey? On what information do you base your statement? Why exactly did the deal with Burnley fall through? Please tell us as you seem to have prior knowledge of all this.

[/quote]

I saw, read and heard the same crap from posters last season defending Grants budget dealls last Summer, and look how that turned out.........this will be no different.

It just means we''re bigger mugs than Burnley who won''t break their bank for a make weight.

As always, zero ambition.........and sell Rusty and make a profit............again.

[/quote]

I think you are struggling with the concept that he did not want to go to Burnley (he obviously preffered to look at a decent Championship side instead).

[/quote]

No. Personal terms obviously weren''t right. That is either length of contract or ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

[/quote]

What do you mean "No?". He did not want to go to Burnley because they were not prepared to meet his wage demands. I should have put a [;)] after the "decent Championship side" bit.

[quote user="National express super guard"]... his agent Phil McTaggart.....  and what a great name for his agent, very scottish[/quote]

Would be better if his first name was Jock... [:P]

This is another one that''s come out of nowhere really, get the feeling

Roeder saw the price, saw the problems with the Burnley move and

decided to pounce... you can never have too many midfielders, which

leads me to wonder....... what formation is Glenn going to go for next

season? 4-5-1/4-3-3 anyone?? Just a thought...

I would like to think that Roeder is a much better judge of players than Grant, so I will give this latest Jock a fighting chance, if he flops then fair enough but I don''t think we can be picky at the moment as we have NO squad!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="National express super guard"]

... his agent Phil McTaggart.....  and what a great name for his agent, very scottish
[/quote]

This is another one that''s come out of nowhere really, get the feeling Roeder saw the price, saw the problems with the Burnley move and decided to pounce... you can never have too many midfielders, which leads me to wonder....... what formation is Glenn going to go for next season? 4-5-1/4-3-3 anyone?? Just a thought...
[/quote]

1-8-1

We''ve been crying out for a goal-scoring midfielder (that seems to be what Gow is playing ''in the hole'') for years! Now I know nothing about the guy but his record before he moved to Rangers seems decent and their fans (limited research!) all seem to think he''s worth a punt. He may not have played for Rangers but you''d do well to remember that Le Guen signed him (pre-contract terms on a free) before he left and then Smith came in ripped all the creative talent out of the side made them into one of the most boring sides in Europe!

If he comes just get behind him and the rest of the team for ****''s sake!

Bring it on!.

I took this same crap from you people this time last year............and look what happened.

Some of you posters know sod all.......hell, until it appeared on this site this morning, you too had never heard of him either..........come November, you''ll be screaming for him to be dropped, but will you apologise to the likes of Smudger, TwoSheds and I?....... will you as hell as like!.[:|]

Im assuming that since Grants reign ended, every Scottish player we bring in is going to be tarred with the ''Useless jock'' brush?

We have been crying out for an attacking midfielder, and his record fits the bill. (His scoring record at Airdrie in particular impressive). Ive text my old Rangers supporting housemate, and hes a miserable git so if Gow gets the thumbs up from him then he must be decent.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Bring it on!.

I took this same crap from you people this time last year............and look what happened.

Some of you posters know sod all.......hell, until it appeared on this site this morning, you too had never heard of him either..........come November, you''ll be screaming for him to be dropped, but will you apologise to the likes of Smudger, TwoSheds and I?....... will you as hell as like!.[:|]

[/quote]blimey wiz, you''re very sensitive today. if we''re in same position at end of october as we were last season I''ll apologise in big capital letters. misplaced confidence of a city fan!!!

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Malky Malk"]

A friend of mine works for a car dealer in the city who sponsor Gunnys car, Gunny was supposed to be making an appearance on their stand at the Norfolk Show today but said he could not make it as he has a Player coming down for talks..... Could this be Alan Gow ref the other thread??

MM

[/quote]

Oh geeeeeez another scottish footballer! Didint we learn anything from Grants jock flops?

[/quote]Appartently not TwoSheds..........a 6ft donkey who was to be a make weight in a deal with Burnley which fell through..........be afraid!.[:''(][/quote]

6ft donkey? On what information do you base your statement? Why exactly did the deal with Burnley fall through? Please tell us as you seem to have prior knowledge of all this.

[/quote]

I saw, read and heard the same crap from posters last season defending Grants budget dealls last Summer, and look how that turned out.........this will be no different.

It just means we''re bigger mugs than Burnley who won''t break their bank for a make weight.

As always, zero ambition.........and sell Rusty and make a profit............again.

[/quote]

I think you are struggling with the concept that he did not want to go to Burnley (he obviously preffered to look at a decent Championship side instead).

[/quote]

No. Personal terms obviously weren''t right. That is either length of contract or ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

[/quote]

What do you mean "No?". He did not want to go to Burnley because they were not prepared to meet his wage demands. I should have put a [;)] after the "decent Championship side" bit.

[/quote]

You didn''t say anything about wage demands. I give up.. your irony is lost on me.

If you look at Roeders signings in comparison to Grants, there is the one constant that they can all run. Grant assembled some of the slowest players ive ever seen at Carrow Road - Lappin, Brellier, Murray, Brown. Semi is the one exception but running is all he can do..

I''ll admit I''d never heard of Gow until this Lafferty deal which doesn''t bode too well (id like to think i have a good knowledge of the leagues), but we have to give them a chance..

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

I am constantly amazed at how people can judge a player when they''ve probably not even heard of him, let alone seen him play...

[/quote]

Doesnt that work both ways?

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Im assuming that since Grants reign ended, every Scottish player we bring in is going to be tarred with the ''Useless jock'' brush?

We have been crying out for an attacking midfielder, and his record fits the bill. (His scoring record at Airdrie in particular impressive). Ive text my old Rangers supporting housemate, and hes a miserable git so if Gow gets the thumbs up from him then he must be decent.

[/quote]

Would that be based on his two appearences for them Trent?[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Two more than you have seen him play.

So you dont reckon we need depth to the squad then?  Or do the squad players have to be worth at least a million each?  Idiot.[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Malky Malk"]

MM

[/quote]

[quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

I am constantly amazed at how people can judge a player when they''ve probably not even heard of him, let alone seen him play...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed it does. All I can say is he seems the type of player we need, and we will just have to trust Glenn with the whether he is good enough part. But then he is the manager, and most of the fans have never heard of the player so would make sense that he is in a better position to judge (Although Peter Grant would tell you otherwise) 

Rangers mate has said that he was impressive at Falkirk every time they played Rangers, but since coming to Rangers he hasnt heard much about him. So not much help their..

Frankly we have no attacking central midfielders right now, and its the position I reckon is our biggest problem. So to be honest I wouldnt be aversed to bringing two in.

Bring it on!.

[/quote]

i would love this and many of the other "prats" on here to be proved wrong....

were a championship club, who would you sign then wizard???? who would your targets be????? lets hear them!!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There is such a thing as a reserve team. For example I could happily tell a supporter of another club about whether our reserves are any good or not. But nevermind. (As it happens, as you can see from my post above he doesnt know much about his record at Rangers, but then when the lads living in England it must be pretty hard to keep up!)

Wish his name had been Phil McCavity

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="National express super guard"]... his agent Phil McTaggart.....  and what a great name for his agent, very scottish[/quote]

season? 4-5-1/4-3-3 anyone?? Just a thought...[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]Wish his name had been Phil McCavity

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

season? 4-5-1/4-3-3 anyone?? Just a thought...[/quote][/quote]

Angus McCoatup!!

Regular as clockwork!Something positive happens and crawling out of the woodwork come the horsemen of the apocalypse two sheds, smudger and wizzard.  All we need is for the man who believes wrestling is interesting to appear and the foursome will be complete.

[quote user="Smudger"]ooooh I''mm so excited... another sweaty sock!!! [:$][/quote]

[quote user="Smudger"]ooooh I''mm so excited... another sweaty sock!!! [:$][/quote]

ohhhh your still here are you??? still attending carrow road these days????

[quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dont think anyone''s judging him in a hugely positive way, just saying to give him a chance before slating him ffs

Bring it on!.

[/quote]

But Wiz my fair chap of the wizarding world.... have you seen him play? And if so how many times? All i am saying is back up strong opinions with strong evidence..i.e i saw him play twice for falkirk and thought he looked uninterested or lazy etc etc... (and don''t fib!) Can you see where i am coming from... we all think we know more than the next person and i love to read peoples views even if i disagree...but opinions are better if they have more than what i would deem a knee jerk posting about ''another scottish player'' etc...

On another point... he is 6ft... not tall but adds a bit more height to a very short team (at present...) he''d be our tallest first team midfielder... need some muscle and height in the champ...

Off this topic... it would not surprise me to see 4-5-1 this season... with 3 out of russell sammy c, the fozz and gowzer...in the middle...