Sign in to follow this  
LORD FOXY LOWE

Another no news week

It''s rubbish, the transfer window opens, we all get excited and then nothing, another no news week ensues. The club website still has a boring story about Carolan leaving, who gives a ****, and Archant have started talking about transfers down the road, even Waghorn''s excellent site is struggling to find scraps to talk about. Why don''t we all go on holiday and come back in a months time when perhaps something newsworthy happens. And one last thing, Ameobi for 4 million, give me a break. Surley no one is stupid enough to try and get that one through the purchase order system, Stoke certainly aren''t!

My transfer tip for the week is...

Jermaine Beckford.

The (mediocre, run of the mill, cheap, leftover, talentless, undesirable, over the hill, released from previous club for being crap) players will come eventually. Be patient. No other clubs are interested in the players we are after so there is no rush to sign them.

A good point sir. Also is it me or is glen the kind of chap that would wonder round a pound shop asking how much stuff is. I can understand getting value for money and not paying over the odds, but surely there comes a point when one has to put ones hand in ones pocket or one comes away empty handed and empty pocketed.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]The (mediocre, run of the mill, cheap, leftover, talentless, undesirable, over the hill, released from previous club for being crap) players will come eventually. Be patient. No other clubs are interested in the players we are after so there is no rush to sign them.[/quote] I think you just about wiped out the last thin fibre of hope to which I intended clinging all Summer with just the one short paragraph. Sadly it is so near to the knuckle it made me laugh when I should have cried.

[quote user="LORD FOXY LOWE"]It''s rubbish, the transfer window opens, we all get excited and then nothing, another no news week ensues. The club website still has a boring story about Carolan leaving, who gives a ****, and Archant have started talking about transfers down the road, even Waghorn''s excellent site is struggling to find scraps to talk about. Why don''t we all go on holiday and come back in a months time when perhaps something newsworthy happens.

And one last thing, Ameobi for 4 million, give me a break. Surley no one is stupid enough to try and get that one through the purchase order system, Stoke certainly aren''t!

My transfer tip for the week is... Jermaine Beckford.[/quote]

has it been quiet cos everyone''s on holiday?

how can u call it a no news week.....its only monday!!!!

the binners will pay 4million for him as that marcus tw*t got to launder his dodgy cash somewhere!

A lot of players go off on their 2 week holidays on the 1st June so I''m not expecting to hear anything until the middle of next week.

Just got back from 10 day holiday and thought I would have missed loads going by the rumours on here but surprise surprise I didnt miss a thing.   I did briefly log into this site from my mobile and saw the headline ''fowler joins canaries''......my heart sunk for 2 minutes while I waited to the page to load and then sighed!

[quote user="Duffman"]Just got back from 10 day holiday and thought I would have missed loads going by the rumours on here but surprise surprise I didnt miss a thing.   I did briefly log into this site from my mobile and saw the headline ''fowler joins canaries''......my heart sunk for 2 minutes while I waited to the page to load and then sighed!
[/quote]

Haha, I thought it was Robbie Fowler too! (I rudely assume you''re thinking that of course..)

S[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

[quote user="Duffman"]Just got back from 10 day holiday and thought I would have missed loads going by the rumours on here but surprise surprise I didnt miss a thing.   I did briefly log into this site from my mobile and saw the headline ''fowler joins canaries''......my heart sunk for 2 minutes while I waited to the page to load and then sighed![/quote]

Haha, I thought it was Robbie Fowler too! (I rudely assume you''re thinking that of course..)

[/quote]Spot on.   I''d read the Andy Cole story in the paper a few days earlier aswell and then saw that and thought WTF is going on?!

I''''m agitated more than concerned at the lack of news on the transfer front, because it''s exciting when we get someone. But people, we''ve got about 9 weeks until the season starts, and I think that Mr. Roeder will get everyone he wants to get by then.About 3/4 transfers will happen over the space of a few days I reckon. If you remember it was like that last year with Strihavka, Brellier, Cureton and Russell all signing in the space of a week or two.Have Faith!

When we signed those players, I was very happy and thought we would progress. Hey ho.

[quote user="IncH-HigH"]I was always told that no news is good news.[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh112/caireyhunt/lalala1.gif[/IMG][/quote]

And for those who doth protest that naturist camps, are just an excuse for blatant naked exhibitionism..."No Nudes, is good Nudes"....