Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

1st Wizrd is absolutely right

1st Wizard on May 30th:

We go with what we''ve got!

How much longer before either Roeder or Darth Doncaster says something along those lines?

1. June

2. July

3 August.

I think it''ll be sooner than you think!

------------------

I don’t always agree with 1st Wizard – sometime I think his natural optimism gets the better of his judgment – but he is spot on with this categorical assertion that we will not sign anyone for the start of the season. History is on his side. You only have to look at what happened last summer. We hadn’t added one new player to the squad for the opening game at Preston. Not one new player.

Well, David Marshall. But he’d been with us on loan so he didn’t really count. AND he was a goalkeeper. But apart from him, no-one. Actually, now I think about it there was Otsemobor. That’s true. But apart from him and Marshall, zilch. Well, strictly speaking there was Russell as well, but he’d played for us before so that wasn’t really like a new signing. But apart from Marshall, Otsemobor and Russell, a big zero. Although Brellier had arrived as well, but he was French, and we all know what that means. But apart from Marshall, Otsemobor, Russell and Brellier, a complete absence of newcomers. Of course I suppose one had to include Cureton, but he’d been here before as well. So leaving aside Marshall, Otsemobor, Russell, Brellier and Cureton we’d been shockingly inactive.

Only a pedant would mention Strihavka – I mean how can you take seriously a player whose name is virtually an anagram? But if one has to, then apart from Marshall, Otsemobor, Russell, Brellier, Cureton and Strihavka,  the cupboard was entirely bare. All right at a pinch if forced to you’d have to add Fotheringham as well but that''s tantamount to cheating. But apart from Marshall, Otsemobor, Russell, Brellier, Cureton, Strihavka and Fotheringham…

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

1st Wizard on May 30th:

We go with what we''ve got!

How much longer before either Roeder or Darth Doncaster says something along those lines?

1. June

2. July

3 August.

I think it''ll be sooner than you think!

------------------

I don’t always agree with 1st Wizard – sometime I think his natural optimism gets the better of his judgment – but he is spot on with this categorical assertion that we will not sign anyone for the start of the season. History is on his side. You only have to look at what happened last summer. We hadn’t added one new player to the squad for the opening game at Preston. Not one new player.

Well, David Marshall. But he’d been with us on loan so he didn’t really count. AND he was a goalkeeper. But apart from him, no-one. Actually, now I think about it there was Otsemobor. That’s true. But apart from him and Marshall, zilch. Well, strictly speaking there was Russell as well, but he’d played for us before so that wasn’t really like a new signing. But apart from Marshall, Otsemobor and Russell, a big zero. Although Brellier had arrived as well, but he was French, and we all know what that means. But apart from Marshall, Otsemobor, Russell and Brellier, a complete absence of newcomers. Of course I suppose one had to include Cureton, but he’d been here before as well. So leaving aside Marshall, Otsemobor, Russell, Brellier and Cureton we’d been shockingly inactive.

Only a pedant would mention Strihavka – I mean how can you take seriously a player whose name is virtually an anagram? But if one has to, then apart from Marshall, Otsemobor, Russell, Brellier, Cureton and Strihavka,  the cupboard was entirely bare. All right at a pinch if forced to you’d have to add Fotheringham as well but that''s tantamount to cheating. But apart from Marshall, Otsemobor, Russell, Brellier, Cureton, Strihavka and Fotheringham…

[/quote]

Now "Purple" now no doubt you are a lovely old boy and such a sweet addition to this wonderful board but saying "Wiz is right" is debatable, the word I am having trouble with is "absolutely"[:D] arrdee.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="bunny"]

So what''t the point of starting a new topic? If you agree then just reply in the original, you know where it is;

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1248666/ShowPost.aspx

PS: He''s never right!

[/quote]

Bunny. Read the whole post first and you might start to pick up a sense of irony from it.

[/quote]

And you dear Ardee (you lovely old boy you).

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="bunny"]

So what''t the point of starting a new topic? If you agree then just reply in the original, you know where it is;

[/quote]

Bunny. Read the whole post first and you might start to pick up a sense of irony from it.

[/quote]

Perhaps I did not mean to say "agree" but my point is why start a new topic?

Very funny post sir and a nice timbre to it. Welcome to the board. Ignore the thread hijackers that rarely contribute - the one positive attribute they have though is they get your thread to the top again. They may complain that it clutters the board or you should have added to an existing thread....it''s totally pointless but funny in its absurdity. Beware of the condition ''1st Wizarditis'' though.....we have all had it.......symptoms are annoyance and boredom...it soon passes.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]Very funny post sir and a nice timbre to it. Welcome to the board. Ignore the thread hijackers that rarely contribute - the one positive attribute they have though is they get your thread to the top again. They may complain that it clutters the board or you should have added to an existing thread....it''s totally pointless but funny in its absurdity. Beware of the condition ''1st Wizarditis'' though.....we have all had it.......symptoms are annoyance and boredom...it soon passes.

[/quote]

All well and good papering over the cracks by laughing at a poster etc. meanwhile, back in the real world, our team remains crap and understrength...........so enoy your games.[:|]

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps I did not mean to say "agree" but my point is why start a new topic?

[/quote]

Because it was a really funny satire and deserved to be set apart from the other thread so it didn''t just blend in with all the other drivel in there. Mine included. [:)]

Scottlarock, thanks for the solicitous warning about “1st Wizarditis”. I think the key to staying relaxed is to understand that what the negativists are doing is what in science fiction is called the shotgun or scattergun approach. If you make enough predictions about the future some are bound to come to pass, so people are impressed when writers such as Jules Verne and HG Wells get it right and forget about the erroneous forecasts. Invaders from Mars? Time machines? World peace? Thatcher’s Britain may not have been much fun but the year 1984 was not quite an Orwellian nightmare.

So it is with 1st Wizard and his kind. Swamp the message boards with doom-laden prognostications and then say “I told you so” when one comes true and hope no-one remembers the dozens of others that were wide of the mark. It’s clever, but only on the most superficial level.

Scottlarock, thanks for the solicitous warning about “1st Wizarditis”. I think the key to staying relaxed is to understand that what the negativists are doing is what in science fiction is called the shotgun or scattergun approach. If you make enough predictions about the future some are bound to come to pass, so people are impressed when writers such as Jules Verne and HG Wells get it right and forget about the erroneous forecasts. Invaders from Mars? Time machines? World peace? Thatcher’s Britain may not have been much fun but the year 1984 was not quite an Orwellian nightmare.So it is with 1st Wizard and his kind. Swamp the message boards with doom-laden prognostications and then say “I told you so” when one comes true and hope no-one remembers the dozens of others that were wide of the mark. It’s clever, but only on the most superficial level.

[/quote]I like your style Purple Canary, welcome aboard [Y]

Scottlarock, thanks for the solicitous warning about “1st Wizarditis”. I think the key to staying relaxed is to understand that what the negativists are doing is what in science fiction is called the shotgun or scattergun approach. If you make enough predictions about the future some are bound to come to pass, so people are impressed when writers such as Jules Verne and HG Wells get it right and forget about the erroneous forecasts. Invaders from Mars? Time machines? World peace? Thatcher’s Britain may not have been much fun but the year 1984 was not quite an Orwellian nightmare.

So it is with 1st Wizard and his kind. Swamp the message boards with doom-laden prognostications and then say “I told you so” when one comes true and hope no-one remembers the dozens of others that were wide of the mark. It’s clever, but only on the most superficial level.

[/quote]

the same applies to doncasters columns though, Gretna,cardif,coventry,southampton,crystal palace...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]our team remains crap and understrength...........[/quote]

More than a match for any of your convictions.

Well if there are cracks I''d rather have them now at the start of summer..........regardless though, I''d NEVER call my team crap but if it takes one to know one then I suppose you are in the driving seat.At least you''re not a thread hijacker who never starts his own posts though - that and your brass balls I''ll give you credit for sir :-)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Scottlarock"]Very funny post sir and a nice timbre to it. Welcome to the board. Ignore the thread hijackers that rarely contribute - the one positive attribute they have though is they get your thread to the top again. They may complain that it clutters the board or you should have added to an existing thread....it''s totally pointless but funny in its absurdity. Beware of the condition ''1st Wizarditis'' though.....we have all had it.......symptoms are annoyance and boredom...it soon passes.

[/quote]

All well and good papering over the cracks by laughing at a poster etc. meanwhile, back in the real world, our team remains crap and understrength...........so enoy your games.[:|]

[/quote]Well if there are cracks I''d rather have them now at the start of

summer..........regardless though, I''d NEVER call my team crap but if

it takes one to know one then I suppose you are in the driving seat.At

least you''re not a thread hijacker who never starts his own posts

though - that and your brass balls I''ll give you credit for sir :-)

Simply marvellous Purple, although you might have to aim a little lower as it appears some didn''t quite catch on. Welcome aboard!

Be careful of being to upbeat though as you''ll be tarred a "Percy positve" along with the rest of us who refuse to be seduced by the dark side.

[quote user="ob1"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]our team remains crap and understrength...........[/quote]

[/quote]

Err?.............what the hell does that mean?..................you, and a few others on this thread have just go to do better than that![:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

Err?.............what the hell does that mean?..................you, and a few others on this thread have just go to do better than that![:D]

[/quote]www.dictionary.com

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

www.dictionary.com
[/quote]

Grammer Nazi Alert.com.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Grammer Nazi Alert.com.

[/quote]

Now Wiz.. that''s hurtful and unacceptable to me [:''(] My Grandad was shot by a nazi in the war[li] Please be a bit more thoughtful in future [^o)]

[;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

www.dictionary.com
[/quote]

Grammer Nazi Alert.com.

[/quote]

Not really, you asked him what he meant so he supplied you with a dictionary. Oh, and by the way, it''s ''grammar''. [;)]

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]Viaducts,sanitation, roads.... what else have the board done for us???!!![/quote]

...safe to wak the streets at night...

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

www.dictionary.com
[/quote]

Grammer Nazi Alert.com.

[/quote]

Not really, you asked him what he meant so he supplied you with a dictionary. Oh, and by the way, it''s ''grammar''. [;)]

[/quote]

Oh goodie! another correct spelling I can forget about!.[;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]...seems to me that Wiz that you''re just out of your depth in this thread sir. Purple and ob1 have made some excellent jibes (ob1''s post was delightfully subtle). Either the misty mountains have got a bit too much cloud cover these days or indeed you''ve peaked and are just a bit over the hill.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ob1"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]our team remains crap and understrength...........[/quote]More than a match for any of your convictions.

[/quote]Err?.............what the hell does that mean?..................you, and a few others on this thread have just go to do better than that![:D]

[/quote]...seems to me that Wiz that you''re just out of your depth in this thread sir. Purple and ob1 have made some excellent jibes (ob1''s post was delightfully subtle). Either the misty mountains have got a bit too much cloud cover these days or indeed you''ve peaked and are just a bit over the hill.
[/quote]Class !  [Y]