Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

There you go binners...its not that rosy is it?

Mr Evans is no mug is he! [:)]

What I don''t understand is say if Ipswich don''t get promoted to the Premiership within the next 5 years or so and Evans isn''t getting any closer to getting the money back he spent on the club, so he then decides to pull the plug and leave, will the current debt he owns move back onto the club or the person who then buy''s the footbal club? If so who would then want to buy the club in that case?..

Sam Hamman tried a similar thing at cardiff recently, tried to call in 24 million debt owed to him in one go,but was blocked by the courts, the outcome in the case is still ongoing but the result could well determine the future of club football, imagine if the Glaizers or Abrovanovitch tried that!

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

Mr Evans is no mug is he! [:)]

What I don''t understand is say if Ipswich don''t get promoted to the Premiership within the next 5 years or so and Evans isn''t getting any closer to getting the money back he spent on the club, so he then decides to pull the plug and leave, will the current debt he owns move back onto the club or the person who then buy''s the footbal club? If so who would then want to buy the club in that case?..

[/quote]

i dont think he would do that.. he''d just demand his money immediately thus killing the the club off.. lets hope so anyway

jas :)

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/sport/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=IpswichTownFC&tBrand=EADOnline&tCategory=zsport&itemid=IPED05%20Jun%202008%2010%3A27%3A23%3A470

Here we go. The real meaning of the Evans takeover.

Still in hock to the tune of £32m and paying interest on pref shares at £564,000 p.a.

I think its safe to say that Ipswich are Evans'' b1tch.  [:D]

[/quote]

I don''t see a problem. He is covering our yearly losses of £2-3m and investing more cash in the team. who''s doing that for you? Oh.

[quote user=" Desi Rascall"]Sam Hamman tried a similar thing at cardiff recently, tried to call in 24 million debt owed to him in one go,but was blocked by the courts, the outcome in the case is still ongoing but the result could well determine the future of club football, imagine if the Glaizers or Abrovanovitch tried that![/quote]

The Glaizers or Abramovich would probably be killed by some nutter fan before it even got to the courts, In Ipswich''s case they will probably just have to just sit tight and pray to god that this Mr Evans which they know absolutely nothing about doesn''t turn nasty and screw them up big time. I mean the man owns over 85% of the club so what he says goes basically.

I don''t think the binners will be too smug about the whole takeover talk now do you? Time for them to wake up and smell the coffee

If the Club did one day get the debt that Evans currently owns back to them, I would post that youtube video of the Ipswich fans in Carrow Road singings "were ****** loaded" on every football forum I know!

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[quote user=" Desi Rascall"]Sam Hamman tried a similar thing at cardiff recently, tried to call in 24 million debt owed to him in one go,but was blocked by the courts, the outcome in the case is still ongoing but the result could well determine the future of club football, imagine if the Glaizers or Abrovanovitch tried that![/quote]

The Glaizers or Abramovich would probably be killed by some nutter fan before it even got to the courts, In Ipswich''s case they will probably just have to just sit tight and pray to god that this Mr Evans which they know absolutely nothing about doesn''t turn nasty and screw them up big time. I mean the man owns over 85% of the club so what he says goes basically.

I don''t think the binners will be too smug about the whole takeover talk now do you? Time for them to wake up and smell the coffee

If the Club did one day get the debt that Evans currently owns back to them, I would post that youtube video of the Ipswich fans in Carrow Road singings "were ****** loaded" on every football forum I know!

[/quote]

Everyone knew we were paying interest to Evans whilst he owns us - it''s been written on virtually every football forum in East Anglia since last November! 

Ah une Binniere Francais.

Well he''s not covering it is he? He''s lending you more and more. He''s taking a nice chunk of interest on his shares to boot.

You lot really are paupers.

In the words of the film Deliverance..... squeak piggy. [:D]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

Hmmm, paupers who spent £3m in january, good point well made. I''m enjoying living like a pauper!

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

Hmmm, paupers who spent £3m in january, good point well made. I''m enjoying living like a pauper!

[/quote]

Borrowed £3m in January.

Sorry maybe a spendthrift

(also called profligate) is someone who spends money prodigiously and who is extravagant and recklessly wasteful.

The modern legal remedy for spendthrifts is usually bankruptcy.

[/quote]

[/quote]

2m of which (plus wages) was spent on Norris who has been a complete flop! If you don''t get promoted to the Premiership in the near future your club could find itself in deep ****, unlike us your majority shareholder isn''t a fan of the club, so what does he care about the future of your football club, he''s interested in one thing only and that''s makeing profit, he can''t do that if your not a Premiership side, so what do you think he will do in 5 years time... keep lending you more and more money untill you get it right or take it to the courts to get his money back?...

I think its more a case of what will the long term future hold for your club Chabal if the team doesn''t make the Prem. Yes he might be putting money into the club now but if it doesn''t work out and he moves on, Ipswich will be in a very sticky situation. Of course nothing is certain but I wouldn''t be so enthusiastic about where you club could end up.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Borrowed £3m in January.

(also called profligate) is someone who spends money prodigiously and who is extravagant and recklessly wasteful.

[/quote]

Yes because Marcus Evans'' master plan is to lend us £12m, take on another £32m debt and then drive us into bankruptcy, ensuring he gets a 0% return on both investments. No wonder Norfolk is a business backwater with acumen like that. Keep it coming!

Marcus Evans                                 Ipswich   

?                                                   

Squeeeeek piggy                    

.You lot really are paupers.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol - you certainly got a reaction out of this board.

Sure you are happy and I hope you enjoy it, for however long it lasts. Thing is Evans couldn''y have bought City because he couldn''t have afforded it with his £32 million turnover company. A similar deal would have cost £30-£40 million but he could get Town for £3.8 million, a tenth of the cost. Now Town have to pay him £3 million per season for the privilege of being owned by him. Nice work if you can get it.

Oh and before I forget if you don''t get out of the division that both clubs are in in the next two years you run out of cash (yet again).

There is no point in trying to reason with a Binner, they are barely human you know!

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Borrowed £3m in January.

[/quote]

Yes because Marcus Evans'' master plan is to lend us £12m, take on another £32m debt and then drive us into bankruptcy, ensuring he gets a 0% return on both investments. No wonder Norfolk is a business backwater with acumen like that. Keep it coming!

[/quote]

Using your logic, the Jeremy Kyle show is constantly full of millionaires who have access to debt at extortionate rates of interest. Do you understand the notion of owning capital as opposed to borrowing from any loan shark who will take on the desperate. Lol! As you say, keep them coming!  [:D]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]There is no point in trying to reason with a Binner, they are barely human you know![/quote]

I just realised this after pressing ''post''. [:D]

Marcus Evans                              Ipswich

?                                                Cartoon Dog Tracking

Botom line is that before Evans came on the scene Ipswich were not paying any interest on the loan. They are now paying him the best part of 3 million a year. The debt he bought for 6 million is of course still actually £32 million and attracting interest at 7%. He will have got all his money back in 3 years and the £32 million is getting bigger each year due to ongoing trading loss.

Evans certainly knows how to make money easily.

[quote user="jbghost"]

Botom line is that before Evans came on the scene Ipswich were not paying any interest on the loan. They are now paying him the best part of 3 million a year. The debt he bought for 6 million is of course still actually £32 million and attracting interest at 7%. He will have got all his money back in 3 years and the £32 million is getting bigger each year due to ongoing trading loss.

[/quote]

Not actually correct. We were paying NU back by giving away 5% of the club each year, paying in stock rather than cash, but it was an unsustainable situation. Something had to give.

[quote user="bunny"]

The club will repay the £8.1m loan after it has been in Premier League for five years.

titter...

[/quote]Thats brilliant PR as it makes him look good while at no time mentions the other 32 million they owe him, which has no known conditions for repayment.  If the owner of the club decides to it could be repayed tomorrow. hmmm.  The millionaire clearly isn''t as much of a mug as he looks.

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Not actually correct. We were paying NU back by giving away 5% of the club each year, paying in stock rather than cash, but it was an unsustainable situation. Something had to give.

[/quote]

So giving away stock was repaying was it? I hardly think so ....its like paying at Tescos with used toilet paper.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="bunny"]

The club will repay the £8.1m loan after it has been in Premier League for five years.

titter...

[/quote]

Thats brilliant PR as it makes him look good while at no time mentions the other 32 million they owe him, which has no known conditions for repayment.  If the owner of the club decides to it could be repayed tomorrow. hmmm. 

The millionaire clearly isn''t as much of a mug as he looks.
[/quote]

I think we''ll have to use our imagination.

Funny isn''t it how now one actually knows.

I work with graphics so I''m not much of a ''figures'' man… so let me understand if I have got this right (and please forgive me for not using the ''binner'' description whilst setting this scenario out cos I would like this to seem reasoned rather than just hurling the p**s for the sake of it).

Is ME making his money by charging ITFC an annual fee (interest payments etc) that is far in excess of what he would make if he left his money in stocks/banks/other investments?

As in, if he is earning £7m PA is that more than what he would amass through other ways of using his dough?

5 years at £7m PA = £35m but surely interest alone on £32m would equate to more than £3m over 5 years wouldn''t it?

I know that if they get promoted he will be coining it in big time but there are large parts of this that just don''t make sense to a money dunce like me.

And please try and keep the replies based to the question… I quite enjoy getting Ipswich fans'' perspectives on this and the two mates that I have from the dark side are more than concerned about it all. Simply ''binner baiting'' for the sake of it probably keeps the more reasonable ones from chiming in (and yes I know this is an NCFC forum but other reasonable perspectives are appreciated aren''t they?)

Thanking you!