Sign in to follow this  
Steelsilver

Bookies Predicting Norwich Relegation!!!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

I would like to say I thought of doing that first but I can''t.  May well sort of copy that idea.  Will Steelsilver ever post again?

[/quote]I was never sure what to put as my location because of where I live..............but now I do.

At this utterly premature time, and bearing in mind the incomings and

outgoings, boardroom and possibly managerial changes still to happen at

various clubs between now and early August, this is my current forecast

for next season''s Championship:

1. Birmingham City

2. Sheffield United

3. Crystal Palace

4. Queens Park Rangers

5. Ipswich Town

6. Wolverhampton Wanderers

7. Cardiff City

8. Reading

9. Sheffield Wednesday

10. Coventry City

11. Burnley

12. Plymouth Argyle

13. Preston North End

14. Nottingham Forest

15. Bristol City

16. Charlton Athletic

17. Swansea City

18. Norwich City

19. Derby County

20. Watford

21. Blackpool

22. Southampton

23. Barnsley

24. Doncaster Rovers

So I wouldn''t say the bookies are wrong, no. Of course, this league is

essentially impossible to predict anyway - but bearing in mind very few

others will have Derby, Watford or Charlton down to do so badly, and

that among most other clubs'' fans, I seriously doubt any will expect us

to be higher than around 14th, the chances are we''ll start next season

as one of the five or six favourites for relegation. Which is

depressing - but on the bright side, the last time I was this

pessmistic before a new season was, um, 2001/2: and we all know what

happened then...

[quote user="Shaun Lawson"]At this utterly premature time, and bearing in mind the incomings and

outgoings, boardroom and possibly managerial changes still to happen at

various clubs between now and early August, this is my current forecast

for next season''s Championship:

1. Birmingham City

2. Sheffield United

3. Crystal Palace

4. Queens Park Rangers

5. Ipswich Town

6. Wolverhampton Wanderers

7. Cardiff City

8. Reading

9. Sheffield Wednesday

10. Coventry City

11. Burnley

12. Plymouth Argyle

13. Preston North End

14. Nottingham Forest

15. Bristol City

16. Charlton Athletic

17. Swansea City

18. Norwich City

19. Derby County

20. Watford

21. Blackpool

22. Southampton

23. Barnsley

24. Doncaster Rovers

So I wouldn''t say the bookies are wrong, no. Of course, this league is

essentially impossible to predict anyway - but bearing in mind very few

others will have Derby, Watford or Charlton down to do so badly, and

that among most other clubs'' fans, I seriously doubt any will expect us

to be higher than around 14th, the chances are we''ll start next season

as one of the five or six favourites for relegation. Which is

depressing - but on the bright side, the last time I was this

pessmistic before a new season was, um, 2001/2: and we all know what

happened then...

[/quote]I know it''s early but I''m absolutley sure we will finish higher than 18th..........in fact I''m sure we will be higher than 10th. I know we have issues regarding our lack of players and investment however there is plenty of time to sort that out. Ultimately I think it boils down to our management team....one school of thought thinks that Roeders second season will be rubbish (based on spurious recollections of history at WHU and Newcastle) and the other hopes he is the next Mike Walker (if you like). I for one think the latter - I''m sure Glenn is going to do really well and with Lee Clarke I''m sure we have another top quality geezer who I''m sure the players really want to play for. People will point out that our late season form wasn''t very good and that they expect that to continue.....I think that other managers just managed to work out how to play against us and capitalise on our weaknesses and were a bit hungrier than us. No if you want to put your money wher......................actually after yesterday we better not :-)

right check out this link and it shows the ods for norwich getting relegated by a site that averages all the bookies oddshttp://odds.bestbetting.com/football/england/coca-cola-championship/relegation by the looks of that and if by some of u saying that bookies hardly get it wrong then actually the 3 thatll go down will beblack pool barnsley and doncaster,they say where on a even footing with notts forest who have money and have just bought earnalotbut hey u compare that to the promotion odds (not winning the league odds) and then lets see where they believe norwich will behttp://odds.bestbetting.com/football/england/coca-cola-championship/promotion-2008-09and they say that we will be placed around 15thwhich if u tie that in with hte relegation odds position then its about the same place there believeing we will finish so why is there a fear of relegation then, the facts are there , check them out, bookies are by all accounts reckon on around a 15th to 19th  position finish so not relegation,

and for those saying the bookies are hardly wrong,  they got it wrong with bristol city, hull, stoke, cardiff, all these teams finished way above what they where predicted

1. sheff utd

2. birmingham

3. reading

4. wolves

5. qpr - depending on future transfers - if not succesful ones then id put them 9th ish

6. forest

7. derby

8. ipswich

9. charlton

10. doncaster

11. palace

12. cardiff - should ledley stay - 16th if not

13. watford

14 swansea

15, pne

16 coventry

17 norwich

18 sheff weds

19 burnley

20 bristol c

21 saints

22 plymouth

23 barnsley

24 blackpool

What you fail to realize...that if it comes down to the top 8 fighting to stay up...Norwich have one of the worst end of season records, just need to look at their last end of season stats to realize that we''d be dead in the water. Last year we were tipped to finish in the playoffs...and we only just managed to stay up. With lack of funds now...a bunch of no hopers named as possible links to join...what hope to you give? All leads to another fight to stay up rather then push for promotion.

As for you that think i was joking of being stupid with a mill quid bet...i can afford it, just because you cannot don''t give you the right to think its absurd bet. Ain''t my fault you''re skint.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]

What you fail to realize...that if it comes down to the top 8 fighting to stay up...Norwich have one of the worst end of season records, just need to look at their last end of season stats to realize that we''d be dead in the water. Last year we were tipped to finish in the playoffs...and we only just managed to stay up. With lack of funds now...a bunch of no hopers named as possible links to join...what hope to you give? All leads to another fight to stay up rather then push for promotion.

As for you that think i was joking of being stupid with a mill quid bet...i can afford it, just because you cannot don''t give you the right to think its absurd bet. Ain''t my fault you''re skint.

[/quote]

I''m sure you can. Kudos on the money. I''ve more important things going on than bragging to internet forum users who cannot prove otherwise. Whatever boosts your ego lad.

Ps, just because I cannot afford to gamble a million away does not mean in any way shape or form that I''m skint, nor any others on here I suspect.

Your outlandish child-like statements have provided me with plenty of amusement on this thread though.

so being able to afford a mill is childish? you''re pathetic dude! Not my fault you come across as jealous. Go get a decent job and stop complaning like a sissy!!

[quote user="Steelsilver"]so being able to afford a mill is childish? you''re pathetic dude! Not my fault you come across as jealous. Go get a decent job and stop complaning like a sissy!![/quote]

Not jealous at all sunshine. As you will see in my previous post I acknowledged your ''money'' with a kudos. At the risk of being proven right, my statement merely suggests that the vast majority of these forum users would not be able to match a million pound bet, otherwise, I''m sure we''d have all clubbed together and bought Delia out already.

As for me being pathetic, if that makes you feel better about yourself son, knock yourself out. Considering, I have never once mentioned what I do for a living & as far as I''m aware have not complained once (ok, maybe once, but I think £4.20 is too much for a pint!), therefore just lending weight to my ''child-like'' arguement.

Touched a nerve I think?????

God, My being right all the time is now becoming a bit of a burden.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

33/1 is worth a punt! Ladbrokes here i come!

wonder what odds betfair will offer... usually they offer better than other bookies

jas :)

[/quote]im gonna put a tenner on norwich to go down because i always get it wrong when i bet!!!! [:D]

[/quote]if you have a cool mil, invest it in the bloody club, then we can sign a good target and boost our survival odds!!!!!!! DUHotherwise you are just blowin hot air, not cash. oh btw, a record, means bugger all on the day, you know, blackpool won the FA Cup ince, what are their odds of meeting man u in next years final then,records are irrelivent, bookies just put odds up to get a feel of the market, a team like west brom has millions, you assume they would get up due to having millions etc.you would ASSUME colchester get rekegated due to very little money etc.we are fine ok.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]so being able to afford a mill is childish? you''re pathetic dude! Not my fault you come across as jealous. Go get a decent job and stop complaning like a sissy!![/quote]

Bet you a million quid I have got a bigger willy than you.

Best take that bet back, I haven''t got enough money.  Sorry Dude.....

Bet you a million quid I have got a bigger willy than you.

Best take that bet back, I haven''t got enough money.  Sorry Dude.....

[/quote]brings new meaning to a cockfight.

Are you about ten years old?

[quote user="norwichsnewfinest"]

So glad it just isn''t me noticing the childish connotations from Steelsilver.

[/quote]

That just makes it all the more fun... children have no idea how to

argue and watching this little "dude" back himself further and further

into a corner has been the most entertainment on these boards for a

long time...

So, laddie, if you can indeed afford the cool million, why not take up

the £100-£1000 bet, since it would be a small drop in the ocean? Can''t

wait for the reply to this one...[:)]

[/quote]

ding ding ding....round two. Welcome back Sleetsliver. We are so sorry for doubting you about your millionaire status. Tell me though  -  your avatar? is that age of empires or dungeons and dragons. You really are very special, balancing gaming, running a multi million turnover company (or earning those sort of figures), posting on here (with youtful text speak), school and getting home on time for your Mums Findus crispy pancakes. I''m impressed, how do you do it? Oh and have you had time to think about that trivial £1000 bet? or should I speak to your secretary?.

lol, i made the avatar dude, and its you who is being a little girl, its obvious your jealousy has got the better of you and now you just rambling on like a typical loser. Oh and i have no time for insignificant tiny £1000 bets. I''ll earn more then in the amount of time it takes me to place that bet...so why should i lose out just to please you. You had my offer...put up or shut up!!

[quote user="Steelsilver"]lol, i made the avatar dude, and its you who is being a little girl, its obvious your jealousy has got the better of you and now you just rambling on like a typical loser. Oh and i have no time for insignificant tiny £1000 bets. I''ll earn more then in the amount of time it takes me to place that bet...so why should i lose out just to please you. You had my offer...put up or shut up!![/quote]I love that "dude" word. When I was a kid they used to use it in cowboy comics. What comics do you read Steelsilver ?

[quote user="Steelsilver"]lol, i made the avatar dude, and its you who is being a little girl, its obvious your jealousy has got the better of you and now you just rambling on like a typical loser. Oh and i have no time for insignificant tiny £1000 bets. I''ll earn more then in the amount of time it takes me to place that bet...so why should i lose out just to please you. You had my offer...put up or shut up!![/quote]Thank you.....I''m sure you''ve made a lot of people happier today.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]lol, i made the avatar dude, and its you who is being a little girl, its obvious your jealousy has got the better of you and now you just rambling on like a typical loser. Oh and i have no time for insignificant tiny £1000 bets. I''ll earn more then in the amount of time it takes me to place that bet...so why should i lose out just to please you. You had my offer...put up or shut up!![/quote]

lol I find you quite amusing now, would you like to borrow a JCB to dig that hole seeing as you are struggling with the spade?

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="Steelsilver"]lol, i made the

avatar dude, and its you who is being a little girl, its obvious your

jealousy has got the better of you and now you just rambling on like a

typical loser. Oh and i have no time for insignificant tiny £1000 bets.

I''ll earn more then in the amount of time it takes me to place that

bet...so why should i lose out just to please you. You had my

offer...put up or shut up!![/quote]Thank you.....I''m sure you''ve made a lot of people happier today.[/quote]

Very much indeed so... [:)]

There''s the old "don''t feed the troll" saying with this kinda lunatic,

but when the output is this unintentionally hilarious, I say lets have

a feast!!![:D]

[quote user="Steelsilver"]lol, i made the avatar dude, and its you who is being a little girl, its obvious your jealousy has got the better of you and now you just rambling on like a typical loser. Oh and i have no time for insignificant tiny £1000 bets. I''ll earn more then in the amount of time it takes me to place that bet...so why should i lose out just to please you. You had my offer...put up or shut up!![/quote]

He reminds me of the IT guy off "The Office".

"They told me I should be in formula 1...but I already earn a s**tload working in IT".

Why don''t you take the bet then and donate your winnings (if you are lucky enough) to charity.  A grand might be trivial to you, I am quite sure a local childrens hospice would be most grateful.

By the way, I am now a massive Steelsilver fan.  You are without doubt the most comical poster on here in a long long time.  Funniest part is that we are laughing at you and not with you.

Just sat here at my desk for last half hour reading this, made me laugh but now i''m behind with my work!!

Why don''t you take the bet then and donate your winnings (if you are lucky enough) to charity.  A grand might be trivial to you, I am quite sure a local childrens hospice would be most grateful.

By the way, I am now a massive Steelsilver fan.  You are without doubt the most comical poster on here in a long long time.  Funniest part is that we are laughing at you and not with you.

[/quote]

lol Carlos, he won''t take the bet because I reckon he''s not got two brass farthings to rub together.  That''s an awful lot of pocket money to save isn''t it?

I said earlier on in this thread that they should do the bet and whoever wins donate to charity.