Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

How much is Joe Lewis worth now?

[quote user="Canary Boy"]A lot more than £400,000 wouldn''t you say?[/quote]Not until he does something, no.And don''t think we won''t have a hefty sell-on clause in the contract.

But would he have been in this position had he have stayed with us........probably not. At least he is pushing on his career plus the added bonus of the 25% selling on claus we have on his contract.

Good luck to him and i hope he does really well for himself

[quote user="Carrowfortress"]

But would he have been in this position had he have stayed with us........probably not. At least he is pushing on his career plus the added bonus of the 25% selling on claus we have on his contract.

Good luck to him and i hope he does really well for himself

[/quote]If I hear he is going to get a game I might even bother turning the TV on and watching the game. If he''s not playing - I won''t.

This was  a good bit of business for both City and Joe. But he is only training with England and wont be playing. Capello is a good manager and is looking to the future. He has also put a good few 0''s on Lewis''s price which is also good for us.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

Hes now worth £10billion squillion zillion pounds.

[/quote]

probably a bit more than that to be honest [:D]

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

[quote user="Canary Boy"]A lot more than £400,000 wouldn''t you say?
[/quote]

Best ask Roeder, he''s the expert (allegedly!).

[/quote]

He is actually , thats why he''s the manager and you are not.

No, he wouldn''t be, because he wouldn''t be playing for England.  He was sold by Roeder for this exact reason, and best of luck to him.

Green is about to climb up some mountain or something, there were probably a few more keepers in line before Joe but with it being the end of season lots of players are on holiday or getting married and stuff

[quote]Green is about to climb up some mountain or something, there were probably a few more keepers in line before Joe but with it being the end of season lots of players are on holiday or getting married and stuff[/quote]

no ones "on holiday" in football....

jas :)

[quote user="MTV"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps, but then maybe you should actually address the question.

What is Joe worth now, certainly £1m, perhaps more.

So just how expert was Roeder in selling him for £400k?

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="MTV"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can I ask what makes you an expert to suggest that Lewis is worth £1million +? A few seasons on championship manager does not make you an expert. If Roeder was rubbish then he wouldn''t have lasted 5 minutes in the football world.

[quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="MTV"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can I ask what makes you an expert to suggest that Lewis is worth £1million +? A few seasons on championship manager does not make you an expert. If Roeder was rubbish then he wouldn''t have lasted 5 minutes in the football world.

[/quote]

I''ve never seen Championship Manager but I do live in the real world - you do from time to time hear about goalkeepers being transferred and at what price. If you''ve got a brain, possibly not in your case, then you can at least make an estimate.

And on the 5  minute thing - remind me again - what''s the longest spell Roeder has lasted as a manager?

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="MTV"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t say hes worth £1mill yet. He only just left. And we sold him for £400k because he was an unused goalkeeper and probably not worth much at the time. In all honestly its probably not risen by much more than that.

We''ll learn when Posh sells him. Joe''s is a similar story to Bentley''s with Wenger. The fact that Wenger sold him at a certain point of his career does not make him a lousy manager, does it?

Well the £1mill was just a guess, but since he left he''s starred in a promotion winning team and now called up to the England squad, even if it is for a couple of meaningless friendlies. So my guess is that his value has changed considerably.

After all we supposedly paid around that for Marshall who IMO is a very average keeper. Marshall is still fairly young but doesnt seem to plugging the holes in his game. Joe is even less experienced but seems to be developing at a great rate.

So who would you prefer if we still had the choice?

Personally I would gamble on Joe''s potential, though I fully accept it would be a gamble at this stage.

So what''s your problem then?  We have a £1 mil keeper and prospects coming through that the manager has huge confidence in.  Why not sell a player you feel won''t make the line-up and who if he does will be a bench warmer.  Roeder respected the fact that Lewis needed full-time football, he was good enough for it and WOULD NOT get it with us.  Lewis should be grateful he was sold; had he been with us this opportunity would have never arisen.